Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yep spotty that's exactly what I think I'll be told on Monday - have myself convinced!

Fingers crossed for both of us for Monday - I'll be 11w1d based on measurements from last scan

Oh and they're still doing it at 11 weeks, not waiting until 12 weeks? The lady booking mine said they like it to be at least 12 weeks so they can see everything they need to see, she originally had me booked in for the "12 week" scan when I'd be 14/15 weeks until I asked to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh and they're still doing it at 11 weeks, not waiting until 12 weeks? The lady booking mine said they like it to be at least 12 weeks so they can see everything they need to see, she originally had me booked in for the "12 week" scan when I'd be 14/15 weeks until I asked to change it.

I'm going away for 2 weeks holidays this day next week so doctor said she'd see me again on Monday before I go and then she'll see me when I get back so will have had scans at 9+1, 11+1 and 13/14 weeks. I have to say it's great!

I'm going away for 2 weeks holidays this day next week so doctor said she'd see me again on Monday before I go and then she'll see me when I get back so will have had scans at 9+1, 11+1 and 13/14 weeks. I have to say it's great!

Ah I see :) I'm hoping they get a bit tut tut-y about this being changed to so early and not really 12 weeks, and tell me to come back in a week or two :p Our other scan was at 7-8 weeks so it was just a blob with a fin, to see it with limbs and a head will freak me out completely! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

We (the OH & me) must leave this thread and head to the 'Due April 2015' thread as our initial scan showed us an 11 week old baby not a 7 week!!!!!! The full 12 week scan will be done next week now instead!

See ye on the other side :-) ahhhhhhhhhhh

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    We (the OH & me) must leave this thread and head to the 'Due April 2015' thread as our initial scan showed us an 11 week old baby not a 7 week!!!!!! The full 12 week scan will be done next week now instead!

See ye on the other side :-) ahhhhhhhhhhh

Oh how exciting!! Lucky thing getting to "fast forward" 4 weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Family told, 9 weeks maybe to early but I wanted them to know. Not telling others for a few weeks. Feels like I've lost a part of how nice it is just me and my bf knowing. And now feeling more paranoid in case something goes wrong, lord my hormones are on overdrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

Had a scan, 9weeks 1 day, only 1 in there :).
    Looks like Kate amiddleton is due in May too, word is she's 10 weeks gone.

Had a scan, 9weeks 1 day, only 1 in there :).
    Looks like Kate amiddleton is due in May too, word is she's 10 weeks gone.

It's lovely seeing them isn't it?? Ha just what we need - she'll be looking super glam right up til the end!!

It's lovely seeing them isn't it?? Ha just what we need - she'll be looking super glam right up til the end!!

:) and coming out of hospital looking fab 😄

:) and coming out of hospital looking fab 😄

Must book my hairdresser to come into the Coombe, very important!!

• Advertisement

And make up and tan done!!! ;)

If I knew the world's media would be waiting outside the hospital for me I sure as f!ck would have my hair and make up done and a cute outfit too in fairness.

If I knew the world's media would be waiting outside the hospital for me I sure as f!ck would have my hair and make up done and a cute outfit too in fairness.

She's class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ferrara03

Hello everyone!!

I found out I was pregnant in August. My expected due date is May 2nd, 2015. I am 11 weeks now. I had an early scan at 8 weeks. I have my first hospital scan at 13 weeks later this month.

First time mom, and a Canadian living in Ireland, so I'm still getting use to the health care system. Best wishes, and safe journeys to us all!

Had my second scan today - what a difference two weeks makes!! Looked very much like a baby, could see him/her moving around, grabbed onto his feet and could see fingers and toes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Had my second scan today - what a difference two weeks makes!! Looked very much like a baby, could see him/her moving around, grabbed onto his feet and could see fingers and toes!!

That sounds great. How many weeks are you now?

11 weeks 1 day - size difference from 9w1d was mad!

Had my scan today, about 11.5 weeks, matches what the 7 week private scan said. The scan quality was awful, nothing like yours angel! Could just see a blob, just about make out a head. It was so fuzzy, the photo is crap, the private one a month ago was ridiculously more detailed. Back again for another in 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

Had my scan today, about 11.5 weeks, matches what the 7 week private scan said. The scan quality was awful, nothing like yours angel! Could just see a blob, just about make out a head. It was so fuzzy, the photo is crap, the private one a month ago was ridiculously more detailed. Back again for another in 4 weeks.

Hi, we're going for an early scan on Thursday and should be about 7 weeks I think. Did you see/hear a heartbeat ? We're going privately to a early scan place in Blackrock. Feeling excited and nervous :-)

Denise2007 wrote: »
    Hi, we're going for an early scan on Thursday and should be about 7 weeks I think. Did you see/hear a heartbeat ? We're going privately to a early scan place in Blackrock. Feeling excited and nervous :-)

If theres one there you should see it, is it abdominal or internal youre having? We saw and heard the heartbeat perfectly then. Today we didnt hear it at all, the miserable yoke doing the scan just said he could see it (so could I) and that everything seemed fine even though it was "so early". I was offered an internal one today after the awful fuzzy abdominal one but a. Hell no and b. This way I get another free scan :)

• Advertisement

That's a shame about the quality of the scan spotty - but at least everything looked ok to the sonographer. Both of my scans so far have been internal - I've never even had a smear test (very bold) but they're grand, doesn't hurt or even feel uncomfortable and they really give amazingly clear images.. We could see babies toes and she had her ankles crossed over each other - very cute! Also while it's still very early the doctor is very confident about the fluid at the neck etc being ok, she got a good look

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Denise2007

If theres one there you should see it, is it abdominal or internal youre having? We saw and heard the heartbeat perfectly then. Today we didnt hear it at all, the miserable yoke doing the scan just said he could see it (so could I) and that everything seemed fine even though it was "so early". I was offered an internal one today after the awful fuzzy abdominal one but a. Hell no and b. This way I get another free scan :)

Just rang the clinic there after reading your question, didn't know you could get internal scans ! Apparently I have the option so will see on the day. I don't think it would bother me.

Ive had lots of smears and stuff but I dont like being caught off guard with any sort of invasive thing like that, and this way I get another in 4 weeks, instead of waiting til 20 weeks. He also basically gave out because my bladder wasnt full, thats because the nurse asked for a sample immediately before the scan, even after I had brought one! Very disorganised in there.

Angel Im surprised they bothered doing an internal one at nearly 12 weeks, thought they were only done early when abdominal wouldnt be great.

Ive had lots of smears and stuff but I dont like being caught off guard with any sort of invasive thing like that, and this way I get another in 4 weeks, instead of waiting til 20 weeks. He also basically gave out because my bladder wasnt full, thats because the nurse asked for a sample immediately before the scan, even after I had brought one! Very disorganised in there.

Angel Im surprised they bothered doing an internal one at nearly 12 weeks, thought they were only done early when abdominal wouldnt be great.

Ha that's ridiculous - were you meant to just pee a tiny sample and then stop?? :pac:

She just asked would she do internal or abdominal - said she, and we, would see more with internal so we went with it!

Last time my 12 week scan was awful, it was really just to make sure there was a heartbeat. It was on the smallest oldest machine in the world and just looked like an untuned tv. I think at 7 weeks you might see the heartbeat, but might not hear it on an external scan.
    I hate the bladder full scans, on my son I was sent out twice to half empty my bladder, was so hard to do it, this time on my early scan it was first thing in the morning and even though I drank a lot, I wasn't awake long enough for it to fill up. :(

Last time my 12 week scan was awful, it was really just to make sure there was a heartbeat. It was on the smallest oldest machine in the world and just looked like an untuned tv. I think at 7 weeks you might see the heartbeat, but might not hear it on an external scan.
    I hate the bladder full scans, on my son I was sent out twice to half empty my bladder, was so hard to do it, this time on my early scan it was first thing in the morning and even though I drank a lot, I wasn't awake long enough for it to fill up. :(

Thats exactly what I said the machine was like, an 80's tv! My husband said he did see arms, legs and eyes on it but all I could see from my bad angle and in the photo is a blob. I might post a photo of it later just so you can all see (esp angeldelight to compare to your detailed scan!) how poor it is, it really looks like nothing at all.

I brought a sample but also drank water before I went, after over an hour of waiting to see the first doctor I went to the bathroom, safe in the knowledge I had my sample. Then I was asked to give a sample for strep b, they wanted the two samples. Then after 2 more hours of this and that I got the scan, and he commented on my empty bladder (which isn't true as I needed the loo again 15 minutes after the scan!). After 3.5 hours in total everything was finally done, my husband asked what I did in a former life to anger the Gods of Queues, because I will always be the last one seen, the formerly packed place was empty by the time I was done. Everyone was lovely except for the scan guy though.

We heard the heartbeat perfectly on the 7+4 scan, it was much easier to see it on the 12 week scan, which is good as we didn't hear it.

Today is the first day I've woken up without a ball of nerves in my stomach, because I can finally kind of accept this is happening, even after the 7 week scan I felt no relief because I was convinced it would be a missed miscarriage at the 12 week. I'm not entirely adjusted to it yet, not happy, not sad, but have started to accept that it's not all just talk and jokes and hypothetical.

My first one was on one of those older machines in the consultants clinic but yesterday we were in the Coombes scan clinic - theres a flat screen TV up on the wall and the scan pics are transmitted up to it, it's quite impressive!

I'll try put up my scan pic when I get home but not sure if I'll get a chance. Total first world problems - going on holidays at 6am tomorrow, still have ironing and packing to do, and genuinely don't know how I'm going to get it done - I'm exhausted

Yeah the 20 week scan in the rotunda has the flat screens, but the 12ish week ones are done in the tiny consulting rooms in the public area. It's a world of difference in the fancy room! I was lucky last time got a scan at 12,20,25 (both 20 and 25 were in the fancy room) 36,37(fancy room) and 39 weeks. In fairness the 25 week one was due to too much movement in the 20 week scan and the 36,37 and 39 week ones were due to complications.

I'm going on hols in the next few days too, no packing done, nothing of the stuff I need printed, haven't brushed up on the language, disaster!! :p

• Advertisement

I mean really!!

Advertisement