Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2014 Babies Club

Options
  • 30-10-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I know I know, mega early, but I'm scared and nervous and apprehensive and frightened.

Only found out today, my period isn't actually due until tomorrow but been feeling very "off" the past few days so did a couple of HPTs this morning, both BFPs! GP took one look at them and did up all the paperwork.

I'm very afraid because I MC'd when I was 19 (seven years ago). Petrified of it happening again.

Feeling twinges on my right hand side, near my hip, annoying backaches, and very very mild cramping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I know I know, mega early, but I'm scared and nervous and apprehensive and frightened.

Only found out today, my period isn't actually due until tomorrow but been feeling very "off" the past few days so did a couple of HPTs this morning, both BFPs! GP took one look at them and did up all the paperwork.

I'm very afraid because I MC'd when I was 19 (seven years ago). Petrified of it happening again.

Feeling twinges on my right hand side, near my hip, annoying backaches, and very very mild cramping.

Is it your first? I've a july 2013 baby! Congratulations if you are pregnant :D its such an exciting time

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BobbleBrunette

loubian wrote: »
    Is it your first? I've a july 2013 baby! Congratulations if you are pregnant :D its such an exciting time

Yep my first (apart from the miscarriage).

Exciting yes and scary definitely!!! Just hope everything goes OK...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 T12

Congratulations bobble, fingers crossed everything goes well for you.

I'll be due my first in July also, just send the registration form into the coombe.

So excited but also kinda terrified

T12 wrote: »
    Congratulations bobble, fingers crossed everything goes well for you.

I'll be due my first in July also, just send the registration form into the coombe.

So excited but also kinda terrified

OMG already?! Do we need to be doing that pronto? I was hoping to leave mine for another week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 T12

Honestly I don't know, just winging it at the moment. I was at the doctors last week, he confirmed the pregnancy and told me to send in the form.

• Advertisement

T12 wrote: »
    Honestly I don't know, just winging it at the moment. I was at the doctors last week, he confirmed the pregnancy and told me to send in the form.

My GP just glanced briefly at my home pregnancy tests and said "Yep, they're positives! Now you need to contact your chosen hospital etc etc".

It all went way over my head. I'll ring Holles Street Monday. I'm supposed to be getting my period Friday so until that's officially late I won't believe it!!

Oh and congratulations to you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Having my first baby next July as well!!
    Going to the doctor on Friday, but at a complete loss for choosing hospitals. Cavan is much handier for delivery as close to my partner's family, but Drogheda is closer to where I am in college and my mother said a lot of the minor appointments will be covered in Dundalk, so I wouldn't need a lot of time off.

Anyone any experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

got a positive test yesterday so i guess here i am :) congratulations all x

I have a 14 month little girl also x

I'm officially out, ladies.

Started bleeding today, I knew something hasn't been quite right the past few days so at least it's closure.

A happy and healthy 9 months to you all! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Very sorry to hear that Bobblebrunette ((hugs))

• Advertisement

I'm officially out, ladies.

Started bleeding today, I knew something hasn't been quite right the past few days so at least it's closure.

A happy and healthy 9 months to you all! x

Sorry to hear x

Strangely, and I'm not really holding out any major hope, but the bleeding lasted 4-5 hours, was enough for half a panty liner and has no completely stopped. Zero pain too, just bloating.

I'm totally confused. I've MC'd before and I remember the pain and quantity of blood and this is not it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Strangely, and I'm not really holding out any major hope, but the bleeding lasted 4-5 hours, was enough for half a panty liner and has no completely stopped. Zero pain too, just bloating.

I'm totally confused. I've MC'd before and I remember the pain and quantity of blood and this is not it.

Don't rule yourself out, My sister in law bled all the way to 20 weeks and her baby was absolutely fine, Go to the early pregnancy unit to put your mind at ease x

Just been to my local gynecologist and had a vaginal ultrasound scan done...

Basically she said my womb lining was very thick, and she thinks she could see the fertilised egg, but it wasn't quite at the womb, it seemed to be just below it. Therefore, the egg hasn't even implanted yet. Does this sound familiar to anyone?!

She took bloods for HCG testing and also said that if my cycle was 26-28 days long that she'd be more confident in saying that I'm miscarrying but as my cycle is 30 days she can't make that call.

She also commented that the blood coming from my vagina was very dark brown.

Blood HCG results should be in this evening or first thing tomorrow morning so hoping and praying this tells me more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I was bleeding every single day from when I first did the pregnancy test right up until around ten weeks! Never heavy bleeding, but it was still a bit worrying when it was happening every day. Got quite a few early scans as a result (nothing was showing up in the first scans, but the hcg in my blood was increasing, so they were worried it could be ectopic.)

Anyways I'm 32 weeks now and all going well so far. :) They never really explained all the bleeding, just said that every pregnancy is different and it happens sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sciencebod

Hi ladies - I'm due 4th July 2014. Feels weird even typing it. And oh my I am so nervous. Why - because I am 43, I've never been pregnant before and we've just been through one, yes one! IVF cycle and I got a BFP straight away. I'm stunned and all the statistics are against me. I think even the IVF clinic was surprised too when I rang in the BFP. I could hear it in the nurses voice. And she just said to me, 'Well, be cautious with your excitement over the next few weeks'. - Great :/. Anyway I'm on 5 weeks and 5 days today and every time I go to the loo I dread wiping. But still no spotting or nothing. I feel a miscarriage would devastate us at this stage cause I really do think this is a last chance for me and the hubby and we been trying for so long. Booked for a scan on the Tues 19th Nov. Keep reading about blighted ovums and ectopic - I know grim - but just trying to prepare for the worse. Ah well every single day really is a blessing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Congratulations Sciencebod! :D *fingers crossed* for you.

I can relate to one part of your post where you mention the fear going to the loo, I am the same, thought it was just me! I should be due in July too. Have an early scan the week after next. *crosses everything*

The doctor just rang me there with my HCG result... 96. Low but she says she's surprised that it wasn't much lower, and she says all is not lost yet. Back Saturday morning for the follow-up blood test to see if the numbers are rising or falling.

More waiting...

Congrats to everyone due in July, such an exciting time!!!!

The doctor just rang me there with my HCG result... 96. Low but she says she's surprised that it wasn't much lower, and she says all is not lost yet. Back Saturday morning for the follow-up blood test to see if the numbers are rising or falling.

More waiting...

Congrats to everyone due in July, such an exciting time!!!!

Best of luck bobble don't quite give up hope yet x

sciencebod wrote: »
    Hi ladies - I'm due 4th July 2014. Feels weird even typing it. And oh my I am so nervous. Why - because I am 43, I've never been pregnant before and we've just been through one, yes one! IVF cycle and I got a BFP straight away. I'm stunned and all the statistics are against me. I think even the IVF clinic was surprised too when I rang in the BFP. I could hear it in the nurses voice. And she just said to me, 'Well, be cautious with your excitement over the next few weeks'. - Great :/. Anyway I'm on 5 weeks and 5 days today and every time I go to the loo I dread wiping. But still no spotting or nothing. I feel a miscarriage would devastate us at this stage cause I really do think this is a last chance for me and the hubby and we been trying for so long. Booked for a scan on the Tues 19th Nov. Keep reading about blighted ovums and ectopic - I know grim - but just trying to prepare for the worse. Ah well every single day really is a blessing. :)

Massive congratulations sciencebod my mam was 43 having me so dont worry about the age thing x

Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Pregnant2014

Hi all think I belong in here too..done a test yesterday thst turned out to be positive so I think I'm 5 weeks gone. I have an 8 year old and had a miscarriage 4 years ago so very nervous about is all. Im at the doctors today to confirm everything.
    Its an unplanned pregnancy but really was not expecting my boyfriends negative reaction. The news went down like a lead balloon.
    Anyone else have many symptoms? My boobs are killing me at the moment apart from that feck all

Isolt wrote: »
    Congratulations Sciencebod! :D *fingers crossed* for you.

I can relate to one part of your post where you mention the fear going to the loo, I am the same, thought it was just me! I should be due in July too. Have an early scan the week after next. *crosses everything*

Ahh thanks Isolt - 6 wks tomorrow :). Fingers crossed for you too. Those scans feel so far away at the moment lol.

Massive congratulations sciencebod my mam was 43 having me so dont worry about the age thing x

Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy x[/QUOTE

Thank you Betsie - yeah I know older ladies are having them all the time its just they say it's easier to get pregnant and keep them when your older and it's not your first than for someone like me who's never been pregnant before. Oh I am enjoying every minute despite all the doom and gloom out there for the oldies. Hope I get to hear that heartbeat soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Positive test for me on Saturday :) Due July 18th if I have my dates right. Hoping to get to the GP today as I currently have an infection and am on a couple of antibiotics so I need to run that past him.

All very exciting but at this early stage I'm conscious that so much can go wrong. I'm actually a tad jealous of ladies who don't realise they are pregnant until a good bit into their pregnancy and so experience less of the nervy 12 weeks! !

BTW I'll be a Wexford General Hosp birth

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Positive test for me on Saturday :) Due July 18th if I have my dates right. Hoping to get to the GP today as I currently have an infection and am on a couple of antibiotics so I need to run that past him.

All very exciting but at this early stage I'm conscious that so much can go wrong. I'm actually a tad jealous of ladies who don't realise they are pregnant until a good bit into their pregnancy and so experience less of the nervy 12 weeks! !

BTW I'll be a Wexford General Hosp birth

Snap on the nerves! I was pretty confident I felt implantation cramping, and tested positive a few days later! Doctor has me now at 5weeks2days, and everything terrifies me! I'm just over 11.5 stone and was hoping to shift about a stone of it before we managed to get pregnant (was expecting it to take a few months) but we scored first time, and now I'm worried that my current weight will affect the baby, and I know it's gonna balloon because I'm cramming in chocolate and crisps like no-one's business!! Switched to decaf teabags (I'd drink 10-15 mugs per day) and just starting to get over the caffeine withdrawal. My mum told me not to be so silly, but the thought of experiencing a miscarriage now utterly terrifies me!
    My doc advised me to keep a journal so that when and if my second pregnancy comes around, I'll have something to remind me of what was normal. I'm going to write it to my baby, and include pictures, so they can read the story when they are older!

Oh girls don't talk to me about being nervous im sitting in the doc surgery at the moment and I know my bp is through the roof and I don't know why :-( x

So doc went great today 6weeks 4 days along :) bp and everything was fine have to go back in 3 weeks for bloods etc

Got my second blood test results back on Monday, they doubled in the two day gap so that's great news, HOWEVER, started to bleed HEAVILY within an hour of the blood test. Bleeding lasted around 36 hours then stopped. No major clots, some small ones.

Doctor says it's very strange that my HCG is doubling as it should, yet I began bleeding right away.

Still clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

What are you guys doing in terms of telling people the news? Are you telling anyone (parents/siblings) before the 12 week mark??

• Advertisement

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    What are you guys doing in terms of telling people the news? Are you telling anyone (parents/siblings) before the 12 week mark??

We have mostly all our family and friends told, the ones we see regularly at any rate. I'd like a network support if something were to go wrong so keeping it a secret just didn't sit well with me. Parents on both sides got a little carried away with telling the news as its the first grandbaby on both sides, so we had to tell a few ourselves to avoid the second hand gossip!

As horrible as it sounds, things can go wrong during all 9 months, and even after that again, so keeping it a secret for fear of having to tell them about a mishap seems pointless to me!

Advertisement