Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quiz Team

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What? She finally saw sense and ditched that crazy sofa-jumping midget?

I bet everyone else's team names will be about the football again, so I'm all for it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

No attendance for JBB or myself tonight, I'm afraid - we'll be otherwise engaged...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I should be there but won't be as early as usual - have to pop into a function after work, down some free wine and canapes and then I'll be with ye ;)

serrity, you're not coming this week are you? Will it just be me until silvervixen arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Scarinae wrote: »
    serrity, you're not coming this week are you? Will it just be me until silvervixen arrives?

No, I'll be there tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'll be there too.

I've been in the gym all week just in case there's any more arm wrestling...

I’m going to have to bail I’m afraid, I’ve just been dumped with doing an interview tomorrow morning so I have to prepare for it. Nothing like learning about an entirely new topic at stupidly short notice :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm here early after all, no wine & canapés as boss was too busy to go so I didn't go either :( Winning the quiz would make up for it though :)

Another top 3 finish, but our arm-wrestling champ got duly rewarded for last week's efforts!

Did the south quiz team ever get up and running? If so, let us know how you're getting on :)

• Advertisement

Quizzers tonight? This Twitter account should keep us supplied with team names for quite some time: https://twitter.com/AntiJokeApple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Myself & Fysh will be there...:)

Count me in too!

serrity wrote: »
    Quizzers tonight? This Twitter account should keep us supplied with team names for quite some time: https://twitter.com/AntiJokeApple

We might make you the subject of our quiz name tonight, mwah ha ha ha

Sorry guys. Not making it tonight. Best of luck

• Advertisement

In there like swimwear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Should be a around. Would be keen if I am

(Disclaimer: participation hinges on the degree to which the London transport network seizes up during the Olympics)

In there like swimwear...

O_o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've just thought of an atrocious quiz-based pun for tomorrow night's quiz:
    "ATCHOO! Quiz-undheit!"

Not going to make it tonight :( Sad panda

Don't even have the excuse if being in Turkey or anything good like!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think I'm gonna bail tonight too. We'll have to keep Fysh's awful pun for next week :-p

Hmm, not sure if it's worth me making the trip out so...

Hmm, not sure if it's worth me making the trip out so...

Renewed efforts next week?

Yes I think so.

Ah lads, was hoping to hear good news in my absence!

Well, it turns out The Black Lion down the road from the North London Tavern has a Tuesday night quiz. That's kinda good news... :)

Also, aren't you supposed to be enjoying the sun rather than checking up on us from your holidays :-p

Im baking in the sun but the lobby has wifi so I check in when I can ;)

Bring some sunshine back to London please!

Quiz tonight anyone?

Thanks for the sunshine by the way, it's much appreciated :)

Yes.

• Advertisement

Me too :)

Yes and, as it's the school holidays, ms. elbows may be along too

Forgot to say I won't be joining ye tonight, I've an appointment with a Dark Knight :)

Forgot to say I won't be joining ye tonight, I've an appointment with a Dark Knight :)

Abandoning us...?!

Abandoning us...?!

Just this once ;)

Did ye win???

Did ye win???

No... strangely enough we fell down on the music round... :pac:

Gareth's Groovy Hits? ;):D

Gareth's Groovy Hits? ;):D

Volume three. He's downloaded some new ones...

Volume three. He's downloaded some new ones...

I'm not sure the Red Dwarf theme tune counts as "new", but yeah, it was remarkably contemporary given some of the stuff he's used before.

• Advertisement

I'm still in for this, and my mate Emmet is in town for the Olympics that day and says he'd be up for it, too.

Thanks for the reminder, forgot about it! It says we need to register a team of 6 before 3 Aug. Who's in? (we can always have 2 teams if lots of people are interested)

I'm in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'll brave the traffic and chaos for this. Count moi in

Just need one more and we're good to go!

Quiz tonight? I will actually turn up this week

• Advertisement

Me too :)

Sorry it's late notice but we're bailing tonight. Should be there next week (Olympics allowing).

article-1343055198635-13DA4A40000005DC-630074_636x514.jpg

Tom Daley's Budgie Smugglers win the gold at the NLT!! :)

Thanks for the reminder, forgot about it! It says we need to register a team of 6 before 3 Aug. Who's in? (we can always have 2 teams if lots of people are interested)
    Just need one more and we're good to go!

Almost time to submit our team. Who wants to be No6?

Maybe we should just register and if someone else wants to turn up on the day we add their name.

Who wants to be captain (and submit the form?)

/beinglazy

• Advertisement
Advertisement