Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway West General Election

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yeehaw wrote: »
    I knew that the expert would be along to tell that I was wrong.

:D:D

I still reckon that between the Greens, Connolly and Nolan there is a pretty solid pinko quota out there. Furthermore they are mainly a city vote and that tends to transfer to other city folks if it crosses party lines and not to candidates out the country. Meaning not Fahey.

O Brolcháin, Michael D and Connolly picked up 11,000 first prefs between them in 2007 while the Shinners got another 1,600 . The quota was 9200.

The trend is arguably left since 2007 so would you humour me and recalculate the 5 seats again with one for the pink people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Sponge Bob wrote: »

I still reckon that between the Greens, Connolly and Nolan there is a pretty solid pinko quota out there. Furthermore they are mainly a city vote and that tends to transfer to other city folks if it crosses party lines and not to candidates out the country. Meaning not Fahey.

O Brolcháin, Michael D and Connolly picked up 11,000 first prefs between them in 2007 while the Shinners got another 1,600 . The quota was 9200.

The trend is arguably left since 2007 so would you humour me and recalculate the 5 seats again with one for the pink people :D

I'll come back to this thread after the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It all depends on what happens to the 6000 first pref votes which Michael D got last time out.

No disrespect intended towards Derek Nolan, but he is unlikely to get anyway near 6000 first pref votes, and a lot of the 'pinko' votes will be distributed across a number of candidates.

As people get eliminated, I cannot see all of the 'left' candidates' surpluses going to other 'left' candidates.

I think that FG & FF are better at ensuring that transfers go to other candidates in the same party.

It will be a very interesting count, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of recounts during the latter stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Ó Clochartaigh seeks Sinn Féin nomination in Galway West

Trevor Ó Clochartaigh has announced that he will be seeking the Sinn
    Féin nomination to stand for the party in Galway West. Ó
    Clochartaigh is stepping down as Project Manager of Gaelscéal, the
    ...national Irish language newspaper, to focus fulltime on the election
    and political life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

PomBear wrote: »
    Ó Clochartaigh seeks Sinn Féin nomination in Galway West

Trevor Ó Clochartaigh has announced that he will be seeking the Sinn
    Féin nomination to stand for the party in Galway West. Ó
    Clochartaigh is stepping down as Project Manager of Gaelscéal, the
    ...national Irish language newspaper, to focus fulltime on the election
    and political life.
    Not very high profile, is he? I had to Google the chap and he's twice failed in the local elections.

I would have thought they could have seen the opportunity to legitimately target the constituency as one where upheaval was on the cards.

He would pick up next to no votes in the town. SF will need to run another candidate in there if they are to have any hope of being in the running.

All he _could_ really do is stop O Cuiv getting elected in the first 4 counts or so. He would transfer rather a lot to Connolly when he did eventually go out unless SF had a town candidate with more votes than he. I would guesstimate he could go as high as 2,000-3,000 votes if selected on his own.

SF, IMO, will not make the magic 4000 or so votes that will put every remaining candidate 'in the mix' from the fourth or fifth count onwards....and therefore relying on the precise sequence of eliminations as much as anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Today's Indo has an article about Galway West.
    CATHERINE Connolly is the ex-Labour Party stalwart who could scupper its bid to hold its highest-profile Dail seat outside Dublin.
    She was supposed to be the designated successor to veteran Labour TD Michael D Higgins, who is now quitting the Dail to run in the presidential election.
    But she quit the party after failing to be put on the ticket alongside Mr Higgins in the last general election -- and has never been invited back.
    "I was very much part of the Labour Party when I was there but since 2006 I've been independent," she said.
    The heart of the constituency is in Galway city but it also includes the whole of Connemara, the Aran Islands, and growing commuter towns like Claregalway and Headford.
    At the time, Ms Connolly felt it was "crazy" that the party did not want to go for two Labour seats in Galway West.
    "But Michael D and the group with him felt that there were just enough votes for his seat and no more. I believe they were too fearful and too careful and lost out on a great opportunity," she said.
    Although Ms Connolly was Mr Higgins' director of elections at the 2002 General Election, she said their paths had not crossed since. Her focus now is on the public health system, which included a recent personal visit to inspect the wards closed in University College Hospital, Galway due to Budget cutbacks.
    "We have 140 beds empty in the hospital while there's 120 people on trolleys. I think it's obscene because a public health service based on need is possible in all civilised countries," she said.
    Ms Connolly stood against Mr Higgins in the last General Election, picking up 2,000 first-preference votes as an independent. Political pundits in the West are backing her to more than double that figure this time around.
    Renowned Connemara vote-catcher, independent councillor Seosamh O Cuaig is also throwing his weight behind her.
    Labour are pinning their hopes on Derek Nolan, a trainee solicitor elected to the city council for the first time in 2009. Although he has a low profile outside Galway city, Mr Higgins has been unstinting in his support for him.
    "He is a very able candidate and the choice of the Labour party constituency council. With his background in law, I see him as a Labour Party spokesman in the next Dail," he said.
    Fianna Fail was expected to suffer the last time out after a water-contamination crisis left Galway city without tap water for three months. But the party still managed to hold on to its two seats through minister Eamon O Cuiv and Frank Fahey.
    One rival said it would take a "nuclear explosion" for Mr O'Cuiv to lose his seat.
    But Mr Fahey will have to beware of the predicted anti-Government backlash.

Bypass
    He is again campaigning on the basis that he will deliver the long-awaited Galway outer-city bypass to relieve traffic congestion in the city.
    But his chances of being in Government are remote. He will be backed up by Fianna Fail's third candidate Michael Crowe.
    Galway West is very much a constituency in flux with the retirements of Mr Higgins and also veteran Fine Gael TD Padraic McCormack.
    Fine Gael has gone for a four-candidate strategy (up from three) in a bid to win two seats.
    Oranmore-based senator Fidelma Healy-Eames says voters are angry with the Government and want "accountability and integrity" instead.
    Cllr Brian Walsh has a business background and is based in the East Ward of Galway city.
    Cllr Hildegarde Naughton is a classically trained singer and primary school teacher. And Cllr Sean Kyne is a sweeper candidate in the Gaeltacht.
    Former PD TD Noel Grealish broke away from the Government in September last year in a row over health cuts -- and it remains to be seen how that will play with voters.
    He is expected to get a strong vote around his Claregalway base and cannot be ruled out due to his work rate.
    Green Party senator Niall O Brolchain is hoping to garner votes from his Salthill-Knocknacarra base, which has around 14,000 of the constituency's votes. He is asking voters to pay €10 to "sponsor a poster".
    But he is very much an outside shot given his party's current opinion-poll unpopularity.
    The youngest candidate in the race is independent Mike Cubbard (25), an insurance worker and sports coach.
    Constituency profile

Galway West
    - Number of seats: 5
    - Electorate: 87,197
    - Voters per TD: 17,439
    Potential candidates
    FIANA FAIL
    Eamon O Cuiv TD
    Frank Fahey TD
    Cllr Michael Crowe
    FINE GAEL
    Cllr Brian Walsh
    Senator Fidelma Healy-Eames
    Cllr Sean Kyne
    Cllr Hildegarde Naughton
    LABOUR
    Cllr Derek Nolan
    SINN FEIN
    To be confirmed
    GREEN PARTY
    Senator Niall O Brolchain
    INDEPENDENTS
    Noel Grealish TD
    Cllr Catherine Connolly
    Mike Cubbard
    Last time
    - Fianna Fail Minister Eamon O Cuiv topped the poll with 9,645 votes.
    - Fine Gael’s Padraic McCormack postponed his retirement and held on to his seat, alongside Labour veteran Michael D Higgins and then PD TD Noel Grealish.
    - Fianna Fail’s Frank Fahey also held on, despite predictions that Green Party Cllr Niall O Brolchain would make a breakthrough.
    - Brian McDonald and Michael Brennan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Robbo - when speaking of SF candidates pls do not use the word "target" - brings back unpleasant memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

O'Cuiv wants to take over from Brian Clown. This is not good news if it happens.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Not very high profile, is he? I had to Google the chap and he's twice failed in the local elections.

I would have thought they could have seen the opportunity to legitimately target the constituency as one where upheaval was on the cards.

Since then he's been running Gaelsceal, a national Irish Language paper, given free with the indo and has gotten big respect for it.

Also, i'd imagine he'll do well with disillusioned FFers in conemara, very few off the candidates are based in conemara like him also

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Since then he's been running Gaelsceal, a national Irish Language paper, given free with the indo and has gotten big respect for it.

Also, i'd imagine he'll do well with disillusioned FFers in conemara, very few off the candidates are based in conemara like him also
    Isn't it Foinse that's free with the Indo?

Isn't it Foinse that's free with the Indo?

I said that, re read post.

Was sold independently at first

I said that, re read post.

Was sold independently at first
    I didn't realise Gaelsceal came with the Indo as well. Good to see such a thriving publishing industry out in the wilds of Connemara.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

I didn't realise Gaelsceal came with the Indo as well. Good to see such a thriving publishing industry out in the wilds of Connemara.

Gaelsceal isnt free. And the Connaught Tribune own it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mike Cubbard

Hi everyone !

Just reading some of the posts and yes, I am fully supportive of the Outer Bypass. As has been mentioned, it's absolutly crucial for Galway City.

I can see the candidate's who apose the bypass coming out in support closer to polling day in order to try muster up a few votes !

Feel free to visit www.mikecubbard.net

Mike

• Advertisement

Hi everyone !

Just reading some of the posts and yes, I am fully supportive of the Outer Bypass.

OMG :eek: OMG :eek: OMG :eek: A CANDIDATE :eek: Now the thread gets really serious!

Where are Frankeen and Brian Walsh when Sponge Bob feels the need :D

Gaelsceal isnt free. And the Connaught Tribune own it.

It comes free with the Irish Independent or atleast did for awhile, before that it was sold for €2 i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

It comes free with the Irish Independent or atleast did for awhile, before that it was sold for €2 i believe

Nah, Foinse is free with the Indo. You have to pay for Gaelsceal.

http://www.insideireland.ie/index.cfm/section/news/ext/gaelsceal001/

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/irish-independent-to-distribute-foinse-ireland-rsquos-biggest-irish-language-newspaper-1943796.html

Also, good to see a candidate with the balls to post here. Hopefully the others will follow suit. And not anonymously!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

OMG :eek: OMG :eek: OMG :eek: A CANDIDATE :eek: Now the thread gets really serious!

Where are Frankeen and Brian Walsh when Sponge Bob feels the need :D

Brian Walsh = yeehaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Between the 5 Labour City Councillors, Catherine Connolly and Seosamh Ó Cuaig there's a sizable left vote in Galway West.

I'm backing Nolan. Met him a few times and he's always impressed me as a young, dynamic candidate. Plus his background in corporate law isn't something to be sniffed at in the current climate. He's getting my 1st vote.

Connolly will probably get my 2nd preference. She seems very capable but she comes across as too negative/anti everything for me to give her my first, now more than ever we need positive and proactive TDs. Plus, given that the next government is almost certainly going to be FG/Lab, the role of the Independant TD will be weakened.

3rd will probably go to Sinn Féin.
    4th to Ó Brolchain. I like the guy but I'm fairly pissed off with the Greens at the moment.
    After that, giving the votes to FG. Don't like any of the candidates but there's no way in hell I'm giving a vote to Fianna Fáil, regardless of how idolised Ó Cuív is in my neck of the woods.

• Advertisement

Nah, Foinse is free with the Indo. You have to pay for Gaelsceal.

http://www.insideireland.ie/index.cfm/section/news/ext/gaelsceal001/

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/irish-independent-to-distribute-foinse-ireland-rsquos-biggest-irish-language-newspaper-1943796.html

Also, good to see a candidate with the balls to post here. Hopefully the others will follow suit. And not anonymously!

complete mix up! you're right!

Hi everyone !

Just reading some of the posts and yes, I am fully supportive of the Outer Bypass. As has been mentioned, it's absolutly crucial for Galway City.

I can see the candidate's who apose the bypass coming out in support closer to polling day in order to try muster up a few votes !

Mike

Bit disrespectful to such a highly controversial issue, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mike Cubbard

How do you mean dis-respectful and controversial ?

I'm only saying that if had indication that those opposing the bypass will be coming out in support of it now. If this is the case it would be most welcome and great for the progression of the project...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,587 ✭✭✭baldbear

What happened tonight at Frank Fahy's meet? I see on politics.ie Anglo man had a few words and Frank made a quick exit!

hope a camera got some footage...

baldbear wrote: »
    What happened tonight at Frank Fahy's meet? I see on politics.ie Anglo man had a few words and Frank made a quick exit!

hope a camera got some footage...

I was there! there were plenty of cameras so there'll be footage soon i'm sure.

Copying and pasting my version of events from the Fahey thread here

Was very evident at the start FF had packed their members in, maybe to reaffirm support of those disillusioned?

Basically Frank Fahey gave his two cents first, reaffirmed his support of FF.

Ahearne gave a VERY long speal about how the four year plan is working, we're turning a corner, yada yada yada. Was pure BS! ALOT of heckling because of his lies.

Then questions and answers happened, some very tame questions (might have been from FF supporters, could be wrong!) and when real questions were asked, alot of heckling from FF support, but Fahey and Ahearne tried to answer with poor rambling wishy washy answers and the non-FF public got angered to the point that they (I think FEE (Free education for everyone initiated)) and walked out shouting abuse on the way and rightfully so and that ended the meeting, didn't see the McNamara guy myself as I had already walked out.

How do you mean dis-respectful and controversial ?

I'm only saying that if had indication that those opposing the bypass will be coming out in support of it now. If this is the case it would be most welcome and great for the progression of the project...

i'm just saying (while I don't think it's a generl election voting issue btw), that those who oppose it have legitimate reasons for doing so like those who support it too and I think respect to their concerns is needed if a sound resolution and and conclusion is reached, do you not think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This photogenic guy announced his intention to run last night. Shame he is a property developer though

joe-mcnamara.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Some photos from the Fahey meeting:

164323_171270296250438_100001024054243_380177_4808412_n.jpg

167636_171270522917082_100001024054243_380178_6595897_n.jpg

164892_171270629583738_100001024054243_380179_1868309_n.jpg

167811_171271156250352_100001024054243_380182_2988089_n.jpg

Mass walkout
    179687_171271672916967_100001024054243_380184_2181041_n.jpg

Protestors
    167056_171272102916924_100001024054243_380186_2921292_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

Just saw this on Galwaynews, maybe its of interest to the folks on this thread:
    RENMORE PUBLIC MEETING ON POLITICAL REFORM

January 19, 2011 - 11:17am
    RENMORE PUBLIC MEETING ON POLITICAL REFORM

A public meeting about political reform will take place in the city tonight.
    The meeting will be hosted by Second Republic, a non-aligned movement, campaigning for political and constitutional reforms.
    The meeting will take place at 7 o' clock this evening in Flannery's Hotel in Renmore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

snubbleste wrote: »
    This photogenic guy announced his intention to run last night. Shame he is a property developer though

joe-mcnamara.jpg
    yeah, the clown "challenged" frank fahy by saying he would run against him as an independant
    he's just a disgruntled property developer that contributed to this mess and is now whinging because it all went tits up:rolleyes:

catherine connolly wants 5000 more homes for social housing which is something I strongly oppose but I must say she seems like a decent candicate overall

frank fahy has to go, the corrupt little weasel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

magentas wrote: »
    yeah, the clown "challenged" frank fahy by saying he would run against him as an independant
    he's just a disgruntled property developer that contributed to this mess and is now whinging because it all went tits up:rolleyes:

catherine connolly wants 5000 more homes for social housing which is something I strongly oppose but I must say she seems like a decent candicate overall

frank fahy has to go, the corrupt little weasel

why would you oppose housing for people - where are they supposed to live. Or would you rather FF's idea of these people "renting" private landlords houses to pay off their mortgages for them and when they have that done, they can go back on the streets again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

magentas wrote: »

Did she give any indication as to how she wanted to provide these 5,000 homes? Seems like a promise she won't be able to fulfil.

Predalien wrote: »
    Did she give any indication as to how she wanted to provide these 5,000 homes? Seems like a promise she won't be able to fulfil.

It's not a promise, it's a desire, something to fight for.
    You can always drop an email and ask her.

As regards Trucker guy - the more candidates, the more choice, the better for the electorate.

GOOD NEWS. Derek Nolan or one of his handlers read Boards :D

We discussed the candidates who oppose the Galway Bypass last week in this thread and one of the Bypass opponents was Derek Nolan .......but then either Nolan or one of his handlers must have read this thread :)

It may just be that the handler ( or Nolan) wants to differntiate their candidate from the Connolly sisters who are virulently anti bypass.

Maybe Derek lost half a days canvassing and copped himself on.

Anyway this is what I said about him in this thread last week.
    Derek Nolan is no better may I add. There is no SPACE to improve public transport UNTIL the bypass is built no matter how much wind and piss Connolly and Nolan spout on the matter. :( The worst of all is the other C Connolly

http://www.galwayindependent.com/profiles/profiles/derek-nolan-%11-incoming-city-councillor/
    Much to meh surprise, or maybe not, today I sees this letter in the Galway Independent today, from none other than Derek Nolan. :D
    The outer bypass therefore has become central and will form part of Labour’s transport plan for Galway.
    Derek is not promising it will be in a labour programme for government, unlike Noel Grealish who got the Claregalway Bypass past the greens into the 2007 programme for government. But this is a promising change of direction for Derek, whatever about some of his labour colleagues.

It is also a useless promise until Gilmore guarantees that Labour will put it into their national manifesto and into programme for government....both.
    With a history of knee jerk short term opposition behind the Galway Labour party Derek has to go over and beyond in this case to ensure that he is in any way credible on the Galway Bypass....even if todays letter to the Galway Independent was the beginning of a sensible u-turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

why would you oppose housing for people - where are they supposed to live. Or would you rather FF's idea of these people "renting" private landlords houses to pay off their mortgages for them and when they have that done, they can go back on the streets again?

Let them buy a house or pay rent for one.

Why do people feel everything should be laid on for them?

Why should my tax and levies be paying to keep some waster that never bothered their arse to work even during the "Good times"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

eagle10 wrote: »

Why should my tax and levies be paying to keep some waster that never bothered their arse to work even during the "Good times"
    I'll second that, the idea that someone else would ever pay for my accommodation is something I have never contemplated. I understand that there are hard cases out there but there's an awful lot that get houses for free for stupid reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

No Eagle10, the current zeitgeist is that everybody should get everything unconditionally free and that nobody should have to pay for anything.

Old fashioned notions about paying your way are history - check any election manifesto shortly available from any pol claiming to be left wing.

nuac wrote: »
    No Eagle10, the current zeitgeist is that everybody should get everything unconditionally free and that nobody should have to pay for anything.

Old fashioned notions about paying your way are history - check any election manifesto shortly available from any pol claiming to be left wing.

Sarcastic wit I love it!
    :DI must be me old fashioned!

Catherine Connollys 'logic' can usually be defeated with basic arithmetic :D

1. The Mutton Island Sewage Plant is maxed out. No new housing can be built in Galway until more Plant is Built in Mutton Island. Catherine wants to Grow Vegetables on Mutton Island.

2. Therefore 5000 houses can not be built seeing as there is nowhere to send the <cough> 'Organic Waste'

3. Consequently we need to find 5000 houses that already exist. Sadly we cannot really find them unless we indulge in mass evictions a la the Land Wars of the 19th Century. Of the c. 20-30k existing homes in Galway City only around 3k are empty right now...at most.

4. Finally the only way to start to look at the POSSIBILITY of provisioning 1000's of new homes in Galway is to STATE that the upgrade of Mutton Island must take place first. Permanimby Catherine will not say that seeing as she is looking for a scutch of votes in the Claddagh.

Maybe Nolan will show some courage on Mutton Island :D

• Advertisement

eagle I would advise that you educate yourself on the "social housing" situation at the minute - by your post above you seem to think that the only people on this list are people who sit on their backsides all day every day - the reality of it will surprise you. Its obvious you don't know a thing about the housing situation with your post above. same goes for the following posts after your own.

eagle I would advise that you educate yourself on the "social housing" situation at the minute - by your post above you seem to think that the only people on this list are people who sit on their backsides all day every day - the reality of it will surprise you. Its obvious you don't know a thing about the housing situation with your post above. same goes for the following posts after your own.

Could you give me a synopsis?
    Please feel free to educate me.
    The way I see it is feck all people on the housing list really need to be on it, people that have the means to home themselves.

People that I work with that earn much more money than me that are funancially far more well off then me have the hand out.

A lot of people housed under these schemes seem to have plenty of money to be in the bookies and pub everyday with brand new tracksuits and runners, my good shoes have holes in them but I still manage to pay my own way.

Where do i go in town to check that i am registered to vote. I am from the county.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Where do i go in town to check that i am registered to vote. I am from the county.
    http://www.checktheregister.ie/

Thanks, doesnt work for me though. I was registered to vote before but want to make sure that i am registered

What do you mean 'It does'nt work for me?'

Phone up the relevant section in the county council and ask if you are on the register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

What do you mean 'It does'nt work for me?'

Phone up the relevant section in the county council and ask if you are on the register.

It does not list every townland. I know that I am registered and I can't find myself on there.

Pretty certain that if you were on the register that you won't have been deregistered.

yeehaw wrote: »
    It does not list every townland. I know that I am registered and I can't find myself on there.
    Pretty certain that if you were on the register that you won't have been deregistered.

Not true, an enumerator might have called to your house and left a note and asked you to respond. Failure to respond could mean you would be removed form the current register.
    Isn't Drum in the county?

Could you give me a synopsis?
    Please feel free to educate me.
    The way I see it is feck all people on the housing list really need to be on it, people that have the means to home themselves.

People that I work with that earn much more money than me that are funancially far more well off then me have the hand out.

A lot of people housed under these schemes seem to have plenty of money to be in the bookies and pub everyday with brand new tracksuits and runners, my good shoes have holes in them but I still manage to pay my own way.

I think if you are going to spout out the above nonsense about the housing, you should in fact first look into what the situation is, how it is run, who is on it, what the policies are - posting the nonsense above does nothing but show you up as somebody listening to somebody's elses drivel who is too lazy to check out the facts. The problem is that people THINK they know about various issues, and can talk about them, when in fact the actual facts of the issue are completely different.

I suggest you start educating yourself on this issue - I'm too busy to do it for you.

Not true, an enumerator might have called to your house and left a note and asked you to respond. Failure to respond could mean you would be removed form the current register.
    Isn't Drum in the county?

Thanks for the reminder. now that i think about it something did come in the post that i didnt respond it. I was probably taken off the list for voting.

There will be a special late entry register called the "Supplementary Register " and that will be open from now until around the 20th of Februrary. Go down to county buildings, first floor, with ID and they will put you on it.

Don't know what the City does!

• Advertisement
Advertisement