Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadchurch ITV/TV3 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I would like to see a spin off series with the Ozzie b&b owner....the durt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

groovie wrote: »
    Well if Season Three is the trial of Lee, Claire, and Rickie, I for one will not be watching. Or will I?
    (cue suspenseful music)
    (fade to black)

Will Charlotte Rampling and your one be prosecuting or defending … or are we going to see the appeal case for her son?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Will Charlotte Rampling and your one be prosecuting or defending … or are we going to see the appeal case for her son?

I wouldn't advise them going near the courtroom again - in terms of the series 2 scenes there was more tension in the opening of a packet of Tayto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Unless Colman and Tennant are seriously locked in contractually I can't see them risking their reputations on a return leg.
    Rampling and Baptiste have made their bones and might return for a payday.
    I won't be wasting my time expecting anything much to come of season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I though both series 1 and 2 dragged after episode 5...they should have wrapped both seasons in 6 episodes imo !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Just finished season 1. Bloody great drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

+1

All downhill from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I'd have thought so. Very difficult to top that within the same community etc.

Great achievement nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

No surprise that ratings were down here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Anybody finishing off season 1 can move onto season 3 in full knowledge that nothing much has changed. Other than some of us are owed a few hours of our lives back.
    As for ratings, how many of those were like me reading a book and occasionally looking up to fast forward the ads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

When the taxi driver asked him where he was going at the end, was I the only one expecting Davind Tennant to slowly turn to the camera and say "Sheffield"...followed by really dramatic music and a cut to Joe Millar sweating bricks on a train with a priest sat looking at him....then Series 3 could be all about DC Hardy following Joe around the North of England while Millar farts about on the beach in her orange jacket in Broadchurch.

Overall, it was reasonably entertaining but utterly ridiculous hokum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

Talk about tearing the ass out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

If season 3 is based on scary nige or the stupid latimer family I won't watch
    If it's based on the vicars dark past, now that would be good

No surprise that ratings were down here

doesn't really seem that ratings were down from that article - still getting 7 to 8m viewers - that's a lot. I would say that that is due to the fact that series one was so good. if there is a series 3 I'll only start to watch it if after 3 or 4 episodes it's getting good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Overall very disappointed would have loved a cliff hanger! No not another Daniel Latimer but something to raise an eyebrow or two . If the truth is told I only watch for the David tenant swoon factor would easily switch it off otherwise .

Was it my over-active imagination, or was there a definite implication (or at least hint) at the start that the vicar and Joe had some sort of a secret between them?

I was certainly under the impression that some sort of a ring or other skulduggery was going to be revealed.

Maybe that's for series 3.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Well what did they go teasing us with it in Series 2 for, then, and do nothing with it?

Not sure I'll be able for a Series 3 if it's of the calibre of Series 2. Life's just too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Was it my over-active imagination, or was there a definite implication (or at least hint) at the start that the vicar and Joe had some sort of a secret between them?

I was certainly under the impression that some sort of a ring or other skulduggery was going to be revealed.

Maybe that's for series 3.......

This. The vicar's weirdness was telegraphed again and again throughout S1 & S2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It was a disaster of a series this year. The only surprise in the bag at the end was that it was so utterly unsurprising. They even didn't milk the cliff top location for drama, was I the only one expecting Joe to at least stare off into the middle distance comtemplating a run and jump off the edge?
    And why did they bring the child up the cliff for the ever so slightly menacing show down with Joe?

I think series 3 will see romantic stirrings between the leads. I thought it was slightly hinted at that they were now on a new footing in their relationship, so far just respect but them awkwardly not knowing what to do with it seemed to belie the possibility of more. His wife definitely suspected growing feelings.
    I think that storyline might be a bit stomach churning though myself. :/

If theres a next time I'll wait for reviews before I waste my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Is it alright to say here that I enjoyed Series 2? Hope that's not too blasphemous.
    Obviously the first season was hard to match.
    Thought they did a pretty good job of tying up a plot that was threatening to get out of control, with Lee and Clare.
    Yeah maybe there was a little too much courtroom action, but on the whole, it still kept me gripped.
    The two leads are great. The dynamic between them just about carried the series for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

flipsake wrote: »
    Is it alright to say here that I enjoyed Series 2? Hope that's not too blasphemous.
    Obviously the first season was hard to match.
    Thought they did a pretty good job of tying up a plot that was threatening to get out of control, with Lee and Clare.
    Yeah maybe there was a little too much courtroom action, but on the whole, it still kept me gripped.
    The two leads are great. The dynamic between them just about carried the series for me.

It's alright to say it, but only because you have a great username.

There's room for all opinions I think.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Went back to watch the second series recently after giving up two or three episodes into it during it's original run..

.. it was a real mess to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Series 2 was a huge let down, this one will need to be as good as series 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Not even sure I want to watch it, series 2 was rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'll give it a chance because Olivia Colman is one of the most watchable actors on the go at the moment.

Advertisement