Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

jrkb wrote: »
    I started so I finished but an awful awful season wont be tuning in next season.

Season 4 because this and last season were no where near awful

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Less said about Arrow Season 4, the better...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Literally have not watched a single episode of Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl this season, only kept up-to-date with the episode synopsis on wikipedia. Absolutely 0 regrets. A pure crock of utter sh@te they've all become, Arrow especially with that god awful mini Justice League they had. Mr Terrific is about as terrific as showering under cow manure, Wild Dog is the most annoying little sh@t ever to appear on Arrow and the new Canary is a whinging little two faced c@nt. My god I've always found Felicity annoying since S1 but those 3 take the biscuit all together.

I watched a few minutes of the finale though.... my god what a load of b@ll@cks.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Literally have not watched a single episode of Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl this season, only kept up-to-date with the episode synopsis on wikipedia. Absolutely 0 regrets. A pure crock of utter sh@te they've all become, Arrow especially with that god awful mini Justice League they had. Mr Terrific is about as terrific as showering under cow manure, Wild Dog is the most annoying little sh@t ever to appear on Arrow and the new Canary is a whinging little two faced c@nt. My god I've always found Felicity annoying since S1 but those 3 take the biscuit all together.

I watched a few minutes of the finale though.... my god what a load of b@ll@cks.

Mostly right, but Legends, how dare you sir.. That's the best of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Mostly right, but Legends, how dare you sir.. That's the best of the lot.

Best of a bad lot, haha. Nah, honestly I just never got into Legends. I suppose it's just because I've no interest in B-list heros if you know what I mean. That being said, the A-list heroes have just turned to pure poop anyway :mad: Green Arrow and The Flash are just jokes now, and Martian Manhunter just plays co-captain to Kal-El's infinitely less interesting cousin.... Speaking of, I could watch a prequel series about J'onn life on Mars. Very unlikely though cos I'd imagine the CGI costs would be astronomical for a TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mick will burn you for that with his wit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Good job you didn't watch the latest finale of legends it was an utter ****fest,complete ****ing rubbish il never tune in to it again.

Good job you didn't watch the latest finale of legends it was an utter ****fest,complete ****ing rubbish il never tune in to it again.

Legends gets away with it cause it's such a time jumping silly show, that knows it's silly, any other show attempted THAT FINAL BATTLE, eyes would be rolled hard & people would bitch furiously on the internet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The legends finale was great fun, not many shows could have pulled that off.

I'd fallen behind on Arrow so I spent the last few hours finishing Season 6.
    I thought the season ended strongly and the death was well handled (even though it was telegraphed weeks ago, it was still hard hitting).

I'm not sure I can stomach another season of Kirk Acevedo hamming it up as Diaz.
    He was a good character but he has had his run.
    I hope that story is put to bed early in Season 7 (maybe by the Longbow Hunters?)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The last three episodes were a big step up from what had generally been a weak season. The Team B plot line was dragged out and they weren't a sympathetic bunch - Oliver was the bigger man apologising.

Diaz is the weakest point though - I generally enjoy Acevedo (in "Oz" and "12 Monkeys") but he didn't work well. His villain was bland, the back story didn't make me care. I really hope he's either sorted out quickly or comes back in a very different way, such as a completely unhinged lunatic with super powers or something. Just not more of the same monotony.

Lance's send off was good. It was sign posted but still done well.

Having Ollie in prison could be interesting. Unlike with other characters, people know exactly who is when he put them away so he'll have to look after himself. I assume we'll see Anatoli use Bratva connections to back him up. They should at least let it play out for a few episodes before the inevitable release.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    The last three episodes were a big step up from what had generally been a weak season. The Team B plot line was dragged out and they weren't a sympathetic bunch - Oliver was the bigger man apologising.

Diaz is the weakest point though - I generally enjoy Acevedo (in "Oz" and "12 Monkeys") but he didn't work well. His villain was bland, the back story didn't make me care. I really hope he's either sorted out quickly or comes back in a very different way, such as a completely unhinged lunatic with super powers or something. Just not more of the same monotony.

Lance's send off was good. It was sign posted but still done well.

Having Ollie in prison could be interesting. Unlike with other characters, people know exactly who is when he put them away so he'll have to look after himself. I assume we'll see Anatoli use Bratva connections to back him up. They should at least let it play out for a few episodes before the inevitable release.

Agree with Team B I think they were weak. Wild Dog could be done correct. Mr. Terrefic is not a fighter a tech man yes but not a fighter. I do think they over hammed Diaz and I feel he will be the same schizo paranoid madman but I do think he will be toned down.
    I have a feel they are going a different way with Oliver and I say while he may get out of jail it may not be let out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I wonder how they'll deal with Yanny Lance next season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You dare mock Beebo, the God of War? :pac:

All caught up now.
    What I take away from the finale is that they need to do one hell of a recruitment drive for SCPD. Though the feds are sticking around for now.

And first thing I thought of when Ollie said they were taking him to Super Max was the Green Arrow movie that was talked about for years.

Can we expect more vigilante(with a lower case 'v') copycats next season?

I'm guessing Ollie will be released to help with something and he'll then be freed as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Casting news
    Longbow hunters have been cast.
    The group is comprised of ruthless killer Red Dart (Holly Elissa), the brutal Kodiak (Michael Jonsson), and the stealthy Silencer (Miranda Edwards
    Also the following villains from previous seasons will be recurring,
    Michael Jai White as Bronze Tiger, Cody Runnels as Derek Sampson and Vinnie Jones as Danny “Brick” Brickwell.

CBR

I already knew about
    Cody coming back, as it was teased in a wrestling web series he's a part of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I skipped season 6, but the trailer for season 7 looks good, I met get back into it..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i gave up myself with season 6 but i like the trailer and premise so i will give it a go again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

DIE CURTIS DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....
    Christ I hate that stupid ass character...so ****in cliche and a token gay character with zero depth.
    I basically gave up on Arrow last season because of him....

green-arrow-season-7-poster-oliver-queen-super-max-prison-1130490.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No more 5 year flashbacks at least.

Now it fcuking 5 year flashforwards.

20 year I've heard? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone else thinking of Arrested Development when the guy gave Oliver the message stupid surrogate.

The payoff better be worth it to endure another stupid start of down with vigilantes in the season opening.

No more 5 year flashbacks at least.

Now it fcuking 5 year flashforwards.

Yipee 5 more years of Felicity. though she has not been bad recently

Ill get my coat and run shall I

In 7 seasons and over 140 episodes, that was easily top 5. Great stuff.

Great episode as 1 reviewer I watch said possible 1 of the best and the best this season. I wonder where they will go with
    Stanley
    I doubt he will go with his comic book story as it be a bit 2 gruesome
    (yep I say this after showing a throat been slit)
    . Also That last fight and the ending of
    closing the cell door on him

Good episode but the ending to that fight in the cell was badly edited.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good episode but the ending to that fight in the cell was badly edited.

Did he hit him with a syringe of whatever Stanley had

Thought it was the shiv he had

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought it was the shiv he had

Say your right

Advertisement