Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wexford Election Candidates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I was in and out of A & E back in 2010 every second week and they was strong possibility I can recall speaking with Howlin and he said his main goal was to save the A & E and invest in it in the next government I believed him voted for him and seems to have kept his word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Jdoe wrote: »
    Brendan howlin is not one bit sorry he missed you, in fact he didn't miss you at all. Himself and Paul Kehoe have their canvassing team using two types of leaflets - one which has a the old reliable list of polices and all that, which they give to the people who are at home. While the other has a smiling face of each of them and a title which says 'sorry I've missed you' with their photocopied signature on the back which they push in the letterbox when no ones at home. - thus suggesting that they were actually there in person using their time to visit your house being 'sorry' that they didn't see you.

Oh and there was me genuinely believing he had called and was sorry he missed me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Jdoe wrote: »
    Brendan howlin is not one bit sorry he missed you, in fact he didn't miss you at all. Himself and Paul Kehoe have their canvassing team using two types of leaflets - one which has a the old reliable list of polices and all that, which they give to the people who are at home. While the other has a smiling face of each of them and a title which says 'sorry I've missed you' with their photocopied signature on the back which they push in the letterbox when no ones at home. - thus suggesting that they were actually there in person using their time to visit your house being 'sorry' that they didn't see you.

To be fair I had Paul keogh himself call to me he just had one guy with him that's all had howlins back up dancers alright no sign of the man himself tho he was obviously sorry he couldn't make it I'm sure :)
    Had mr Wallace call aswell could see a pink shirt and mad hair before I even got to the door :) no other callers tho I'm disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

kneemos wrote: »
    Interesting to see how James Brown does.John Brown had almost the safest seat in the country.

An excellent bloodsport anyway whatever happens.

James Brown will get in of course, because Daddy!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

just for the record, There was 30-40 staff let go from Clearstream since Kehoe and Howlin stepped in for the photos and the praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Howlin is the ultimately mate spoofer. The lies spouted by Labour in the run up to the last election was shocking,they totally let themselves down and rightly so they will pay for it in this Election. Locally Howlin has being a disaster for Wexford holding a ministerial post. Jobs Jobs Jobs are needed so badly here in Wexford. There has not been a significant job announcement in Wexford in years. Was so jealous listening to Simon Coveney the other day outlying all the jobs generated in every town in Cork. Bow your head in shame howlin,voted for you last time but feel so god damn let down,be the last time I will vote for him. A minister should be a huge boost for any county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Navarre wrote: »
    just for the record, There was 30-40 staff let go from Clearstream since Kehoe and Howlin stepped in for the photos and the praise.

Minimum wage too.

gmurphy70 wrote: »
    Howlin is the ultimately mate spoofer. The lies spouted by Labour in the run up to the last election was shocking,they totally let themselves down and rightly so they will pay for it in this Election. Locally Howlin has being a disaster for Wexford holding a ministerial post. Jobs Jobs Jobs are needed so badly here in Wexford. There has not been a significant job announcement in Wexford in years. Was so jealous listening to Simon Coveney the other day outlying all the jobs generated in every town in Cork. Bow your head in shame howlin,voted for you last time but feel so god damn let down,be the last time I will vote for him. A minister should be a huge boost for any county.

100% Not a hope of me giving him a scratch ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

To be fair staffing levels go up and down in line with demand in most international manufacturing companies. There are just so few international manufacturing companies left in Wexford that it stands out.

And minimum wage they may be but isn't that better than nothing?

When Clearstream started out as Angio-Dynamics they weren't minimum wage jobs. Staff were treated well and with respect, people were sent to the states for training not grunted at by someone with little or no English. So, no, imo a minimum wage, no respect job isn't better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Dilbert the point i am making is Kehoe and Howlin were on SER last week and if memory serves me correct both of them mentioned Clearstream the big extension and the extra jobs when asked about what the FG/Lab government brought in the way of Jobs to Co Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Dilbert the point i am making is Kehoe and Howlin were on SER last week and if memory serves me correct both of them mentioned Clearstream the big extension and the extra jobs when asked about what the FG/Lab government brought in the way of Jobs to Co Wexford.

Ah ok - makes sense now. Don't listen to SER so wasn't aware of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Only a few days to go and still a lack of callers to the door!!

No FF (not surprised) No SF (very surprised) No FG (they obviously see their votes elsewhere).

In the last election i had countless callers, even had people canvassing for FG's Paul Kehoe down from Enniscorthy.

None of the 'Wexford town area' independents have called either.

Not expecting a big rush over the next few nights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Does anybody know much about independent candidate Emmet Moloney?

Dont know much about him, campaigning on being a wexford man for wexford.
    Has also raised the issue of mental health and the lack of services etc in Wexford.

More on his facebook page here:
    https://www.facebook.com/Vote-Emmet-Moloney-901198493304241/

Thanks Big Vern.

Mental health services seems to be low down or missing from a lot of candidates priorities.

Thanks Big Vern.

Mental health services seems to be low down or missing from a lot of candidates priorities.

Yeah surely is and its a huge problem. Has affected someone i work with recently. Its something they don't seem interested in, its jobs, jobs, jobs.

Had 2 sorry i missed yous from Browne (FF) and Mythen (SF) when i came home from work yesterday. Im sure they actually called and didn't just put the leaflet in my letter box!

Any updates on the betting in Wexford? Betting websites blocked in work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Big Vern wrote: »

Any updates on the betting in Wexford? Betting websites blocked in work!

Heard my cue!
    Last week

5EfY1di.png?1

WzpGp6y.png

Wallace tightening a bit, both FG and LAB slipping slightly. Carty tightened a fraction, as did Mythen.

Rest looks like some people placing hail mary's on the outsiders.

• Advertisement

Here you go....

EDIT:

Sorry, too late, didn't see it was posted already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Darcy is trying to get the rural votes now at the 11th hour. He's a farmer appareantly... Unfortunately for him farmers are not blind and know he's not a farmer, merely a landowner, clean soft hands.. an entitled son of a former Fine Gael stalwart.. Mick Wallace got more first preference votes than him in his own doorstep of Annagh monaseed last time round.

Darcy has a plane yes a plane circling gorey right now with a banner out the back of it to vote for him FFS

Can't get a pic to upload

Does that break the 2pm moratorium or is that legal?

sjb25 wrote: »
    Can't get a pic to upload

Sweet Jesus. An absaloute plonker.

• Advertisement

Darcy has a plane yes a plane circling gorey right now with a banner out the back of it to vote for him FFS

Yep it was over Enniscorthy earlier. He's pushing his luck with the 2pm deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

jca wrote: »
    Yep it was over Enniscorthy earlier. He's pushing his luck with the 2pm deadline.

2pm Deadline is only for regulated broadcast medium.
    Canvassing etc can continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Why is Seamus OBrien not running this year thought he did well last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Seen the photo of airplane on twitter . wexford hub posted a shot .

Thats ridiculous altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Christ on a bike. I'm reluctantly having to vote tactically to keep the Shinners & FF out, but those FG lads don't make it easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This letter is the only thing related to the election that I have received - apart from my polling card - and it hasn't worked. My one and only vote will still be cast for Mick Wallace. :D

PAUL%2BKEHOE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Christ on a bike. I'm reluctantly having to vote tactically to keep the Shinners & FF out, but those FG lads don't make it easy

I think they make it very easy, they put FG after their name and that makes it easy just to move on to the next candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Del.Monte wrote: »
    This letter is the only thing related to the election that I have received - apart from my polling card - and it hasn't worked. My one and only vote will still be cast for Mick Wallace. :D

PAUL%2BKEHOE.jpg

Owes millions to the banks and revenue, gave himself and his son a massive pay increase when his company was going down the pan, lovely fella alright.

Fine Gael in Wexford is brutal. There no new blood or intelligence coming on either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Does Kehoe still live in Wexford or is he in Dublin? He's moved out a couple of times i believe

Couldn't get my photo to upload but here the Wexford hub pic of the plane here

Owes millions to the banks and revenue, gave himself and his son a massive pay increase when his company was going down the pan, lovely fella alright.

Also was in court for last December. Offering 5000€ in bail for a scumbag scrote that was caught making a bomb intended to harm maim and kill people when prince Charles visited. Great work by the gardai belittled by this gob****e.

Please do not vote for this arsehole.

Willfarman wrote: »
    Fine Gael in Wexford is brutal. There no new blood or intelligence coming on either.

I don't give a flying fig about what X or Y are like in Wexford. This is a general election to elect NATIONAL representatives. That's the problem with Irish politics, we never look at the big picture. It's all about what's in it for me

Badabing wrote: »
    Does Kehoe still live in Wexford or is he in Dublin? He's moved out a couple of times i believe

He claims to live in Wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I don't give a flying fig about what X or Y are like in Wexford. This is a general election to elect NATIONAL representatives. That's the problem with Irish politics, we never look at the big picture. It's all about what's in it for me

I actually read his post to mean the quality of the candidates in Wexford was brutal, which I certainly wouldn't disagree with. English is a wonderful language for confusing the issue.

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I actually read his post to mean the quality of the candidates in Wexford was brutal, which I certainly wouldn't disagree with. English is a wonderful language for confusing the issue.

He did mean that the calibre of FG candidates in Wexford was poor. My point is that it doesn't matter if they are. They're only voting fodder for what the party decides. If you favour any particular party's manifesto, it doesn't matter if your local man is a twat, vote him/her in

Marhay70 wrote: »

That is what I meant.. If a voter believed Fine Gael was the party to return as a majority government in the national interest.. The qaulity of candidates for the party in Wexford is brutal... Whereas the notorious Fianna Fáil party have two very educated and articulate young candidates in north Wexford. So yes a moral quandary presents itself.

That is what I meant.. If a voter believed Fine Gael was the party to return as a majority government in the national interest.. The qaulity of candidates for the party in Wexford is brutal... Whereas the notorious Fianna Fáil party have two very educated and articulate young candidates in north Wexford. So yes a moral quandary presents itself.

Michael is reasonably articulate, his voice is bad because he got a bad injury at GAA match years ago. I thought he came across well on VB, whilst Malcolm got a bit mixed up while attacking MW and came off 2nd best. James Browne is a bit wooden, but seems ok.

So yes a moral quandary presents itself.

It's not a quandary at all. If you follow FG's approach, you vote for them. If you don't, vote elsewhere. It wouldn't matter if the local candidates were lengths of 2x4. It's the same for all parties

There was a female member of the travelling community on south east radio recently with Alan Corcoran. She and her husbandhad a raft of children and no social housing could be made available to them. Massive sympathy from Alan. Cue Malcolm Byrne. Her husband has 60 + convictions. She had 40+ convictions. They had been given a house and their neighbours were fed up them causing havoc.

It's not a quandary at all. If you follow FG's approach, you vote for them. If you don't, vote elsewhere. It wouldn't matter if the local candidates were lengths of 2x4. It's the same for all parties

Very little between Fg and ff in terms of approach. But there a big difference in the calibre of candidates in north Wexford. Back the man or woman not the party I think now.

Very little between Fg and ff in terms of approach. But there a big difference in the calibre of candidates in north Wexford. Back the man or woman not the party I think now.

Hopefully the 2 will make it, preferably MD though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I go to polling centre each time 30 minutes before close , and I see the names that are not scratched off / not voted in my area.

For some reason lots more people voted in the recent LGBT than in 2011 GE .

So I would appeal to everyone to do their utmost if they can persuade a non-voter to vote .

70% would be a good turnout and I hope so .

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Hopefully the 2 will make it, preferably MD though.

I just hate this thing of his father was a TD he should be good enough. He is a spoofer of the highest order and just loves the gravy train that is the life of the TD. Wexford has the have the worst line of candidates in the country... We have had a minister that has done nothing for wexford when he had the power to, not worth speaking about Paul Kehoe, Wallace has his own problems, Elected Toomey last time for what better anyone was? Then we have 3 candidates who are following in their daddys footsteps Byrne, Darcy and Browne. There is no viable candidate that you could even give a protest vote to!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh god help us all in Wexford...... So for me
    1.Malcolm Byrne,
    2.Mick Wallace

• Advertisement

I'll be voting

1. Mick Wallace
    2. Emmet Moloney
    3. Leonard Kelly

....democracy is well and good, but hate knowing I'm effectively voting for 'no-hopers' in my 2 & 3.

Advertisement