Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Rugby [Super 15] - General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Swiwi wrote: »
    Desperation is the mother of all self-deception...

I'm glad that the bulls didn't win, steyne and hougaard just kick the ball and the back 3 are just kick chasers, insipid stuff to watch. The only bulls that should be in the boks are the Potgieters and even then I wouldn't start them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

This match is looking better already. Michalak looks to have added a lot of weight/muscle on this season.

Super try, sharks did extremely well to keep that in play, regardless of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

.ak wrote: »
    Super try, sharks did extremely well to keep that in play, regardless of luck.

If only the Bulls had try to play like this...

Just think, next week we get to see the dynamic, try-scoring Stormers in action!!! Oh wait....

Stormers will still put up a decent match, their physicality and accuracy is generally great to watch for the neutral. Say what you will about SA rugby, Stormers are deserving of their place in the standings table.

Having said that, I still want to see Crusaders or Chiefs win it.

• Advertisement

Stormers will still put up a decent match, their physicality and accuracy is generally great to watch for the neutral. Say what you will about SA rugby, Stormers are deserving of their place in the standings table.

Having said that, I still want to see Crusaders or Chiefs win it.

Yeah, I am only taking the mickey. At the end of the day, defence is just as important as attack, and the Stormers defend very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The pace of the Beast! Crazy...

Ben Lucas, the replacement for Cooper, now gone off injured.

Looks like they've moved Genia to 10, has he played there before?

As much as I despise Cooper I still don't see why he's not playing this game. The high tackle was barely a yellow, and he's done worse and gone unpunished. Now the reds are down another 10.... It's a position they can't really gamble with, I can see the Sharks preying on that now.

The pace of the Beast! Crazy...

Him v Taumololo (Chiefs) in a straight sprint would be worth the price of entry alone...

• Advertisement

Lovely stuff again from the Sharks. J.P is a beast of a winger.

For the Blues supporters out there...John Plumtree (Sharks coach) was apparently in the mix...

Fantastic try.

Wow, Reds have completely lost their shape.

I think it's insane to move the best 9 in the world to 10.

Reds get a penalty goal through Mike Harris.

Sharks are playing VERY well so far. Reds have done well just to make the knock-out stages, after losing Horwill, who is a very decent lock, and not having Cooper, who although not test-match quality IMHO, is perfectly suited to S15 rugby on a dry track at Suncorp.

I thought the Sharks would have gotten a try had they kept going, they are dominating up front. Then again, a guaranteed 3 points is hard to turn down in a knockout game.

Might be a painful topic to raise on this forum...but change the jerseys to Green & Black and we seem to have a replay of the 3rd test match...although I guess the Reds have scored some points :) (couldn't help myself, sorry). Let's see what the Reds can do. And ludicrous to move Genia from 9.

Massive turnover for the Sharks.

The only really two decent reds players today linking up very well there.

• Advertisement

try Genia, huge score

Fantastic half-back...remains an absolute joy to watch...best ever in my opinion (since I started watching rugby in 1987), although Joost was also exceptional.

I think it's insane to move the best 9 in the world to 10.

facepalm.jpg

Might be a painful topic to raise on this forum...but change the jerseys to Green & Black and we seem to have a replay of the 3rd test match...although I guess the Reds have scored some points :) (couldn't help myself, sorry). Let's see what the Reds can do. And ludicrous to move Genia from 9.

Don't think it's comparable to that massacre. Atleast the Reds look dangerous from time to time.

I'm from Crusaders country...but this game is already 100x more enjoyable to watch. Sharks, Cheetahs (pre Goosen injury) & Hurricanes have been the best to watch all year from an attacking point of view. I want the Sharks to win...but that means the Crusaders would have to play the Chiefs...on the other hand it still leaves a chance for the final in Chch...but after the pathetic crowd I am not sure Chch merits a final. Couldn't imagine Thomond, RDS or Aviva being empty for a HC knockout game...

The pass that ended a season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

"Intercept.....OOOOOOHHOOOHH YEAH!"

I love Aussie commentators.

Match officials have been terrible in recent weeks...that was a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Match officials have been terrible in recent weeks...that was a try!

Thought so too. Poor decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

This ref is joke.. why did'nt he ask the tmo try or no try.

Far to lenient aswell.

Sharks phenomenal in defence.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Thought so too. Poor decision.

Why don't they just ask "have a look and make a decision", instead of these ambiguous questions.

Sharks phenomenal in defence.

Reds offence hasn't exactly been sensational. Some really poor kicking from Genia....just as I say it he shows another poor kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Sharks offside and ref does nothing.
    They may as well be playing with no ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

God the Sharks are awesome. Solidifying their status as my second SH team, which means a lot when supporting the Lions.

• Advertisement

What we call in NZ "a minties moment". Glory dive...but a metre too short!

Sharks going straight off their feet at every breakdown. Reds lucky there. Where was the knock-on?

WTF was that from Bosman? Tackled by an invisible player?!

What a ball from Bismarck beforehand...

Going off your feet is clearly an optional call. I want the Sharks to win but clearly Kaplan does too. At least 3 players went straight to ground and sealed off on two occasions on that breakaway with no sanction.

BdP's big one handed pass was great. Thought about a spin pass, realised he was a front rower and lobbed a big one hander!

I'd say Stormers and Chiefs will be a bit nervous about their semis...

• Advertisement

I'd say Stormers and Chiefs will be a bit nervous about their semis...

Sharks and Crusaders will be relishing their semi finals. Neither tie holds any fear for the away side. Sharks will be delighted to get a game only a 2 hour flight from home. Would say Chiefs and Stormers won't be best pleased to see two domestic teams visiting their respective stadiums.

At the end of the day, Reds were ranked 6th in regular season, so a fair reflection

GerM wrote: »
    Going off your feet is clearly an optional call. I want the Sharks to win but clearly Kaplan does too. At least 3 players went straight to ground and sealed off on two occasions on that breakaway with no sanction.

BdP's big one handed pass was great. Thought about a spin pass, realised he was a front rower and lobbed a big one hander!

Great step and awareness too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What a superb tackle.

From a French point of view, surely Michalak is a better option than Trinh-Duc or Beauxis...

Unbelievable that Sharks weren't carded, that's 3/4 penalties conceded on their line in the last 20 minutes.

From a French point of view, surely Michalak is a better option than Trinh-Duc or Beauxis...

As a Toulon fan, I can't wait until he is sur la Rade. :D

However he'll find it difficult to get into the team, he won't start at 10 because Wilkinson is there while Tillous-Borde and Durand are on the books as scrum-halves. Apparently Michalak wants to play 9.

Unbelievable that Sharks weren't carded, that's 3/4 penalties conceded on their line in the last 20 minutes.

Kaplan used to be one of my fav refs (a few years ago now) but he is progressively worse with time

As a Toulon fan, I can't wait until he is sur la Rade. :D

However he'll find it difficult to get into the team, he won't start at 10 because Wilkinson is there while Tillous-Borde and Durand are on the books as scrum-halves. Apparently Michalak wants to play 9.

Wilkinson who? Glory days are a wee while ago now.

Wilkinson who? Glory days are a wee while ago now.

You're right but his status is legendary in Toulon, he won't get dropped. The supporters adore him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement