Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Blues - Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

so when is this due to air on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

http://www.rte.ie/ten/listings/16032705_tv_Traffic_Blues

This is back on Sunday.

Not sure where about it was filmed mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Anyone from these here parts have their 15 minutes of fame on this show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

http://www.rte.ie/ten/listings/16032705_tv_Traffic_Blues

This is back on Sunday.

Not sure where about it was filmed mind you.

I witnessed the camera crew filming GardaÃ* in Kinsale and Belgooley. Last summer/autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Passed the camera crew couple times around city and county promo looks better than the last one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Traffic blues is on tonight, I hope this serious is a vast improvement on the first one as imo that was cringeworthy and did not to our guards justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ktsul

Don't know if it will be much better, did you the the garda in ad " im . . arresting . . you. . under . . section . . xx. . of .. the . . . road . . . traffic . . . act. . . " Maybe he was talking to a person whose first language is not English

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

jaysus, I LOVE this show..........fair bowls to the boys catching the lads with the balaclavas, etc...........can see how they might be handy for fitting tyres............NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

way better show than 1st series

Why dont they show the offenders faces ? Well the convicted ones, name & shame.

• Advertisement

:D Are we changing the title of this thread as didn't see any of cork :D Just saying ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

How long until this is put up on RTE player?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

realies wrote: »
    :D Are we changing the title of this thread as didn't see any of cork :D Just saying ;)

One clip from Cork West Division, the drunk driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Massive improvement on the very sanitised first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

"High powered car" .. it's an Audi 1.8T? :confused:

Great show otherwise though, and nice to see the old broken stereotype of the rude Garda blown out of the water. Really professional stuff by everyone involved, two thumbs up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

That chase was definitely old footage, haven't seen blue packs in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

foinse wrote: »

The date was October 2008 I think on the video. Could have been recorded for the first series and not aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

foinse wrote: »
    Blue pack?

Blue pack?

It refers to the old yellow pack. Old recruit epps were yellow hence they were called yellow packs. Name stuck when it changed to blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

its too short and the voiceover guy annoys the hell outta me. otherwise its great to see some frontline footage. shame to see the gardai not able to keep up with the other car on the motorway.

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    its too short and the voiceover guy annoys the hell outta me. otherwise its great to see some frontline footage. shame to see the gardai not able to keep up with the other car on the motorway.

There is a difference between not keeping up to it and keeping a safe distance.

His speed was in excess of 180kmph.....a 2.0ltr petrol mondeo is well capable of 220+. While he did say the car was moving etc.....he never lost it. Save distance on a motorway pursuit is very important......and can be allowed for as you have much better vision. A back road/inner city/suburbs pursuit requires closer distance of course to ensure the car is not lost.....as you can see they never lost the car and were very close once off the motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

Loved the chase at the end since I know all the roads except for the estate at the start. Was wondering where he was gonna end up!

Was on the bridge for my second driving lesson a few years ago, which was a bit tricky I'll admit! Once I heard Bohernabreena on the radio, I was waiting to see him crash there!

They should really keep producing the show, like Road Wars. I think part of the appeal of that though, is getting to know the officers. Being with a "pro-active" unit like the TV's helps in this respect, since there might be more interesting footage more frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

NGA wrote: »
    It refers to the old yellow pack. Old recruit epps were yellow hence they were called yellow packs. Name stuck when it changed to blue

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a yellow pack and blue pack? And whats the difference between them? Also, what are epps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Fair play to the Garda in Cork who arrests the drunk driver, exactly by the book.. even placing the hand on person he's arresting! :D

A Professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Rothmans wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a yellow pack and blue pack? And whats the difference between them? Also, what are epps?
    Epulett , it denotes the rank of the officer and is worn on the shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Really enjoyed it, much better than the last series. Question though, we saw the number plate recognition camera being used and the speed detection camera inside a following car - are these widely used all over the country?

Quote of the show was this though, when the lads were following the woman in the Audi "You were completely oblivious to our unmarked car" , classic!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Yup, they even had a chase where the offender was both caught and jailed.
    Looks much better than the first season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

NGA wrote: »

What do students wear now? Or is it that there just isn't any of them in over a year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

It has to be very frustrating for the guards that the lad in the red BMW was released with no charge like been caught with herion and the stuff in the car,i know it would be hard to prosecuted for the blade and hammer but how did he escape the drug charge? :confused: And how many guards did it take off the street just to bring one person through the custody and questioning process?

Advertisement