Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Your lack of dedication is disappointing. €48 for tesco vodka and noodles is more than enough.

TESCO vodka?!? My body is a temple! Such a substance daren't pass my lips!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

TESCO vodka?!? My body is a temple! Such a substance daren't pass my lips!

Ah be grand, just throw in a bit of robinsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ye're mixing me up with someone else :pac:
    I don't like racing games :pac:

Ahh, it was Unky_Chop_Chop wasn't it???

o1s1n wrote: »

Buyer backed out within minutes of auction end. So that's two inside 10 days that have messed me around on eBay.
    I've since broken up the lot to sell individually and two games sold all ready. One buyer only has 3 feedback and never even bothered with an offer and isn't responding to messages! The other paid up straight away.
    So if it pans out the way it looks like with this new buyer, that will be 3 out of 5 sales inside a week where I got dicked around.
    Adverts is beginning to seem like a bastion of respectability and integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, you've been crazy unlucky lately. Must be extra annoying seeing as you can't leave these clowns negative feedback.

Why the hell do people bid on stuff and not buy it?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow, you've been crazy unlucky lately. Must be extra annoying seeing as you can't leave these clowns negative feedback.

Why the hell do people bid on stuff and not buy it?

I never had a single issue before, so it's very frustrating. 4 days before can open a case and then a few more days before can close case. Should be quicker if the buyer never responds to your messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I dropped the price of that Dreamcast to €80 there, no sign of it moving at all...is it priced out of the water lads or what do you think? It has a pad, video & power lead, the new bios chip fitted, native JP region, what is it worth??

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-dreamcast-region-free-bios-version/2272198

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    I dropped the price of that Dreamcast to €80 there, no sign of it moving at all...is it priced out of the water lads or what do you think? It has a pad, video & power lead, the new bios chip fitted, native JP region, what is it worth??

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-dreamcast-region-free-bios-version/2272198

As awesome as the new hybrid bios is I think most people are happy enough to just use a boot disc.

I mean they're wrong... but whatever. They probably just see it as a 'mod chip' which is more than it is.

Tell you what... rename the auction to 'Chipped Dreamcast for Sale' and I bet you'll have takers. People are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

What does the hybrid BIOS offer ? As in useful stuff not just changing the boot logo ?

I use the dreamcast so infrequently that a boot disc or self booting image works fine but am I missing out on extra goodies ?

What does the hybrid BIOS offer ? As in useful stuff not just changing the boot logo ?

I use the dreamcast so infrequently that a boot disc or self booting image works fine but am I missing out on extra goodies ?

It's a region free bios with new boot intro. That's about it. I can tell you though that it is super handy not having to use the boot disc all the time.

Half of the time I can't even find mine no matter how many times I've burned a copy.

Actually with a chip installed that you can write to in theory you can write new bioses for the Dreamcast to it, be it a devkit bios... no mil cd support bios, or you can write Dreamshell directly to the bios chip so that's what it starts when you turn on the console.

Handy if you have an SD Card adapter. Will come in very handy if that whole GD-Rom board to Flash card idea comes to fruition.

• Advertisement

Yeah its basically region free, no need for any swap discs or anything. It also has the boot animation form the dev unit console {Katana}.

So in reality then, its not worth much more than a standard DC? Boo!

Yeah its basically region free, no need for any swap discs or anything. It also has the boot animation form the dev unit console {Katana}.

So in reality then, its not worth much more than a standard DC? Boo!

Well I would say so only based on the fact that nobody is trying to snap it up but in all honesty I'd say it's got more to do with most people not realising what the Hybrid bios is or what it can do.

Seriously rename the auction to 'Dreamcast with Mod Chip Installed' or 'Chipped Dreamcast'. I'd nearly put money on you getting a few bids after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Give it a custom paint job, forge Ken Kutaragi's signature on it (just something he designed during a week off) and sell it as mega super rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

http://www.superretroworld.com/controlpanel#!product/zoomptx/270217871/Limited Edition Mario All Stars Snes

I have to get my hands on this :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

richie_os wrote: »
    http://www.superretroworld.com/controlpanel#!product/zoomptx/270217871/Limited Edition Mario All Stars Snes

Im guessing this is your website? ;)

I didn't know they were based in Ireland, have you some involvement with them? At least it has a proper website & ordering system, & free postage in Ireland too is nice. The site itself seems somewhat slow & clunky, but works all the same. Puts RAGE's email/paypal/email/invoice/email ordering system to shame too, & at least you can see whats in stock without having to take the morning off or squint at pictures of bunches of carts

keithgeo wrote: »
    Im guessing this is your website? ;)

Nope im a retro gamer just like you! have a bit of a collection. My buddy linked me this site yesterday, havent seen any irish ones before so im tempted to order some stuff.

I had the all stars snes when i was a kid and if i had the money right now id be ordering it

I didn't know they were based in Ireland, have you some involvement with them? At least it has a proper website & ordering system, & free postage in Ireland too is nice. The site itself seems somewhat slow & clunky, but works all the same. Puts RAGE's email/paypal/email/invoice/email ordering system to shame too, & at least you can see whats in stock without having to take the morning off or squint at pictures of bunches of carts

Do RAGE have an online shop? i thought they just had a dodgy tumblr site.

Give it a custom paint job, forge Ken Kutaragi's signature on it (just something he designed during a week off) and sell it as mega super rare.

Say you're from Kildare and had 'a good friend' that worked in Sega and you're golden, heh.

They have an even dodgier Facebook page.

• Advertisement

No, a poxy tumble page is all they have in terms of a site. They do have a facebook page, & you can 'order' things through it apparently

No, a poxy tumble page is all they have in terms of a site. They do have a facebook page, & you can 'order' things through it apparently

Well i might aswell go through super retro world then, seems the easier option. they have most of the games ive been looking for.

If they had a proper website they'd be too busy changing the prices every day based on what showed up on eBay or Adverts that morning to actually run the shop.

Well i might aswell go through super retro world then, seems the easier option. they have most of the games ive been looking for.

Yeah... funny that ;)

Yeah... funny that ;)

errrr :confused:

errrr :confused:
    Ahh nothing your behaviour just echoes our sentiments about a flawed business model, that's all.

Achilles wrote: »
    Ahh nothing your behaviour just echoes our sentiments about a flawed business model, that's all.

Explain?

Look through my posts. I dont use boards.ie that much but i first posted on the retro gaming forum 4 years ago. Not sure what you're trying to accuse me of

Nobody's trying to accuse you of anything. As hard as this may be to believe we're not actually talking about you.

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    Nobody's trying to accuse you of anything. As hard as this may be to believe we're not actually talking about you.

Well you specifically mentioned 'my behaviour' so you'll have to excuse me for thinking that.
    Good to see things are still the same on boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement