Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things youth defence hates..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Jernal wrote: »
    You cannot incorrectly spell 'you're' and 'thought', and then have 'Nazis' in the same sentence. That's just emitting a beacon for the Grammar Nazi's to appear.

Well, I posted because I don't know what he/she means by the sentence, not pointing the finger at the grammar/spelling! My mother is a grammar nazi - I'm still in rebellion, so I'm not one. But what does this person mean to say? I am intrigued.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Obliq wrote: »
    Well, I posted because I don't know what he/she means by the sentence, not pointing the finger at the grammar/spelling! My mother is a grammar nazi - I'm still in rebellion, so I'm not one. But what does this person mean to say? I am intrigued.....

I put it into google translate to see what it says in English -came up with:

'your so right people just like they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis' so I am none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I put it into google translate to see what it says in English -came up with:

'your so right people just like they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis' so I am none the wiser.

I tried Bing.

"your so right people just like they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis"

From English: your so right people just like they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis
    To Bulgarian: ви така право хора точно като те са били обучавани, че спасяването евреи убийството нацистите
    Back to English: so you have people just as they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis
    To Catalan: Així que vostè té gent igual que els van ensenyar que l'estalvi jueus matant Nazis
    Back to English: So you have people like the Nazis killing Jews were taught that saving
    To Chinese Simplified: 因此你有人民像纳粹分子杀害犹太人被教导储蓄
    Back to English: So you've got people like the Nazis killed the Jews were taught savings
    To Chinese Traditional: 所以你就像納粹分子殺害猶太人的人是教儲蓄
    Back to English: So you like the Nazis who killed Jews is to teach savings
    To Czech: Tak jako nacisté, kteří zabili Židé je naučit úspory
    Back to English: Like the Nazis who killed Jews is to teach savings
    To Danish: Ligesom nazisterne der dræbte jøder er at undervise besparelser
    To Dutch: Zoals de nazi's die Joden gedood is om te leren van besparingen
    Back to English: As the Nazis who killed Jews is to learn from savings
    To Estonian: Kui natsid, kes tappis juudid on õppida kokkuhoid
    Back to English: When the Nazis who killed Jews is to learn about savings
    To Finnish: Kun natsit kuka tappoi juutalaiset on oppia säästöjä
    To French: Quand les Nazis qui ont tué des Juifs est pour en savoir plus sur l'épargne
    Back to English: When the Nazis who killed Jews is to learn more about savings
    To German: Wann ist die Nazis die Juden getötet, weitere Informationen zu Einsparungen
    Back to English: When is the Nazis killed the Jews, learn more about savings
    To Greek: Όταν σκοτώνεται ο Ναζί στους Εβραίους, μάθετε περισσότερα για την εξοικονόμηση
    Back to English: When the Nazis killed the Jews, learn more about savings
    To Haitian Creole: Lè moun renmen itilize nan elèksyon ki te tiye jwif, aprann plis sou ekonomi
    Back to English: And when the Nazis killed the Jews, learn more about economy
    To Hebrew: כאשר הנאצים נהרג היהודים, ללמוד עוד אודות הכלכלה
    Back to English: When the Nazis killed Jews and learn more about economy
    To Hungarian: Amikor a nácik zsidók megölték, és tudjon meg többet a gazdaság
    Back to English: When the Nazis killed Jews, and learn more about economy
    To Indonesian: Ketika Nazi membunuh orang-orang Yahudi, dan mempelajari lebih lanjut tentang ekonomi
    To Italian: Quando i nazisti uccisi ebrei e saperne di più su economia
    To Japanese: ナチスがユダヤ人を殺したし、経済に関する詳細
    Back to English: More about economy and the Nazis killed the Jews
    To Korean: 경제와 나치에 대 한 자세한 유대인 살해
    Back to English: For more on the economy and the Nazis killed the Jews
    To Latvian: Plašāku informāciju par ekonomiku un nacisti nogalināja ebreju
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis killed the Jews
    To Lithuanian: Daugiau informacijos apie ekonomiką ir nacių nužudyti žydų
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis killed the Jews
    To Norwegian: For mer informasjon om økonomi og nazistene drepte jødene
    To Polish: Aby uzyskać więcej informacji o gospodarce i naziści zabili Żydów
    To Portuguese: Para obter mais informações sobre a economia e os nazistas mataram os judeus
    To Romanian: Pentru mai multe informaţii despre economia şi naziştii au ucis evrei
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis killed Jews
    To Russian: Дополнительные сведения об экономике и нацисты убили евреев
    To Slovak: Ďalšie informácie o ekonomike a nacisti zabili Židov
    To Slovenian: Za več informacij o gospodarstvu in nacisti ubitih Judov
    To Spanish: Para obtener más información acerca de la economía y los Nazis mataron los judíos
    To Swedish: Mer information om ekonomi och nazisterna dödade judar
    To Thai: สำหรับข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับเศรษฐกิจและ Nazis ที่ฆ่า Jews
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis kill Jews.
    To Turkish: Ekonomi ve Naziler hakkında daha fazla bilgi için Yahudileri öldürmek.
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis kill Jews.
    To Ukranian: Для отримання додаткових відомостей про економіку і нацисти вбити євреїв.
    To Vietnamese: Để biết thêm chi tiết về nền kinh tế và Đức Quốc xã giết người Do Thái.
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis killed the Jews.

Sounds like a snippet of a News Anchor's script.

I tried Bing.

"your so right people just like they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis"

From English: your so right people just like they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis
    To Bulgarian: ви така право хора точно като те са били обучавани, че спасяването евреи убийството нацистите
    Back to English: so you have people just as they were taught that saving Jews killing Nazis
    To Catalan: Així que vostè té gent igual que els van ensenyar que l'estalvi jueus matant Nazis
    Back to English: So you have people like the Nazis killing Jews were taught that saving
    To Chinese Simplified: 因此你有人民像纳粹分子杀害犹太人被教导储蓄
    Back to English: So you've got people like the Nazis killed the Jews were taught savings
    To Chinese Traditional: 所以你就像納粹分子殺害猶太人的人是教儲蓄
    Back to English: So you like the Nazis who killed Jews is to teach savings
    To Czech: Tak jako nacisté, kteří zabili Židé je naučit úspory
    To Danish: Ligesom nazisterne der dræbte jøder er at undervise besparelser
    To Dutch: Zoals de nazi's die Joden gedood is om te leren van besparingen
    Back to English: As the Nazis who killed Jews is to learn from savings
    To Estonian: Kui natsid, kes tappis juudid on õppida kokkuhoid
    To Finnish: Kun natsit kuka tappoi juutalaiset on oppia säästöjä
    To French: Quand les Nazis qui ont tué des Juifs est pour en savoir plus sur l'épargne
    Back to English: When the Nazis who killed Jews is to learn more about savings
    To German: Wann ist die Nazis die Juden getötet, weitere Informationen zu Einsparungen
    Back to English: When is the Nazis killed the Jews, learn more about savings
    To Greek: Όταν σκοτώνεται ο Ναζί στους Εβραίους, μάθετε περισσότερα για την εξοικονόμηση
    Back to English: When the Nazis killed the Jews, learn more about savings
    To Haitian Creole: Lè moun renmen itilize nan elèksyon ki te tiye jwif, aprann plis sou ekonomi
    Back to English: And when the Nazis killed the Jews, learn more about economy
    To Hebrew: כאשר הנאצים נהרג היהודים, ללמוד עוד אודות הכלכלה
    To Hungarian: Amikor a nácik zsidók megölték, és tudjon meg többet a gazdaság
    To Indonesian: Ketika Nazi membunuh orang-orang Yahudi, dan mempelajari lebih lanjut tentang ekonomi
    To Italian: Quando i nazisti uccisi ebrei e saperne di più su economia
    To Japanese: ナチスがユダヤ人を殺したし、経済に関する詳細
    Back to English: More about economy and the Nazis killed the Jews
    To Korean: 경제와 나치에 대 한 자세한 유대인 살해
    Back to English: For more on the economy and the Nazis killed the Jews
    To Latvian: Plašāku informāciju par ekonomiku un nacisti nogalināja ebreju
    To Lithuanian: Daugiau informacijos apie ekonomiką ir nacių nužudyti žydų
    To Norwegian: For mer informasjon om økonomi og nazistene drepte jødene
    To Polish: Aby uzyskać więcej informacji o gospodarce i naziści zabili Żydów
    To Portuguese: Para obter mais informações sobre a economia e os nazistas mataram os judeus
    To Romanian: Pentru mai multe informaţii despre economia şi naziştii au ucis evrei
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis killed Jews
    To Russian: Дополнительные сведения об экономике и нацисты убили евреев
    To Slovak: Ďalšie informácie o ekonomike a nacisti zabili Židov
    To Slovenian: Za več informacij o gospodarstvu in nacisti ubitih Judov
    To Spanish: Para obtener más información acerca de la economía y los Nazis mataron los judíos
    To Swedish: Mer information om ekonomi och nazisterna dödade judar
    To Thai: สำหรับข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับเศรษฐกิจและ Nazis ที่ฆ่า Jews
    To Turkish: Ekonomi ve Naziler hakkında daha fazla bilgi için Yahudileri öldürmek.
    To Ukranian: Для отримання додаткових відомостей про економіку і нацисти вбити євреїв.
    To Vietnamese: Để biết thêm chi tiết về nền kinh tế và Đức Quốc xã giết người Do Thái.
    Back to English: For more information about the economy and the Nazis killed the Jews.

Sounds like a snippet of a News Anchor's script.

Is he talking about German Jewish bondholders and how they are killing our economy?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Er, I'm fairly sure he/she meant the Christian killing doctors because he thought he was saving babies was comparable to people who killed Nazis thinking they were saving Jews.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What an anti-Semite! D:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Er, I'm fairly sure he/she meant the Christian killing doctors because he thought he was saving babies was comparable to people who killed Nazis thinking they were saving Jews.

Potential Jews or actual Jews?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Potential Jews or actual Jews?

Sure, aren't we all potential Jews?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Roses are reddish
    Violets are blue-ish
    If it wasn't for Jesus
    We'd all be Jewish!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sure, aren't we all potential Jews?

Not unless our incubators mother's are Jews - then strictly speaking, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"Grammar Nazi's"
    "unless our mother's are Jews"

tsk

Life ain't always empty.

ninja900 wrote: »
    "Grammar Nazi's"
    "unless our mother's are Jews"

tsk

Well my mother is a complete Yenta so I'm nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stanley 2

Dose it really matter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

stanley 2 wrote: »
    Dose it really matter
    Does what really matter Stanley, does what really matter? Do tell...

Does what really matter Stanley, does what really matter? Do tell...
    :D

Nah, actually....don't strain yourself Stanley. We'll be fine without knowing what you meant.:p

stanley 2 wrote: »
    Dose it really matter

Of coarse it dose.

Life ain't always empty.

itdoesntmatter.jpg

This beloved threads needs a bump.
    Shamelessly stolen from almost everywhere really at this stage but it belongs here. :)

A8ZFiTyCUAANqZv.jpg:large

Although banned, can still look on for laughs :D Things Youth Defence hates? Spelling and education in general, but apparently lice are worth saving.....

229959.jpg

Try again - bigger hopefully:

229960.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

@jernal. Awesome poster, mate. I read it and thought; my cripes and they call us the loony left????

Why do they keep banging on about the will of the Irish people when most of their members live in America?

Sarky wrote: »
    Why do they keep banging on about the will of the Irish people when most of their members live in America?

I thought it was a very common thing for loony Americans to assume what the will of people in other sovereign nations is?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I thought it was a very common thing for loony Americans to assume what the will of people in other sovereign nations is?:confused:

But of course. Once you've got God on your side, after all...

Why do they keep banging on about the will of the Irish people when....

...we've twice voted in referedums to NOT reverse the X case ruling.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 noreprieve

The alleged maternal health symposium had a photographer at the event that uploads everything to his site and he happens to have photos of Niamh Ni Bhrian and Ide Nic Mathuna posing for photos at this symposium on maternal health:
    http://imgur.com/a/2cBIg#0 - "International symposium on maternal health"

Two other men featured in the symposiums photographs can also be found at the prolife boot camp they held, along with a slideshow featuring a map of Dublin and what i would guess are questions they are training people to reply to:
    http://imgur.com/a/bS2wZ#0 - prolife bootcamp looks like it was also deleted, reupped!

If you need to confirm , all the images are sitting right here , along with more up close shots of the "vigil for life", and some decent countryside pictures.
    http://paulkeelingeventphotography.zenfolio.com/f433079832

Note: they have since pulled the symposium photographs from the site.

But wait! theres more! slideshow of the vigil for life that actually makes it look more aged and religious than the Irish times allegedly did http://paulkeelingeventphotography.zenfolio.com/p831692627/slideshow

A nice chap told me that David Quinn had said to him on Twitter a long time ago that he didn't get on at all with YD because of the way they acted.

When David Quinn of all people thinks you're going a bit too far with the anti-abortion stance, then it's probably fair to say Youth Defence are the equivalent of 5 consecutive Holocausts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 noreprieve

A nice chap told me that David Quinn had said to him on Twitter a long time ago that he didn't get on at all with YD because of the way they acted.

When David Quinn of all people thinks you're going a bit too far with the anti-abortion stance, then it's probably fair to say Youth Defence are the equivalent of 5 consecutive Holocausts.

He generally seems less emotional than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

noreprieve wrote: »

He generally seems less emotional than them.
    He does have a robotic air about him.

• Advertisement

I like to call it being "dead inside".

Advertisement