Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

I just read on the website, it sounds like "The Hungry Pig" opens its doors this week! That was quick refurbishment wasn't it! LOL! :rolleyes:

I really like the Niamh family storyline at the moment. Its really nicely done and realistic. Paul and Niamh are great to have as a "strong" couple. A lot of the other relationships in FC, times are very choppy and on the rocks. Renee and Bob, Tracy and Domonic, Barry and Annette etc.

Not sure about the whole Turlough thing! The whole "contact with the dead" is a little hard to fathom! but they are leaving it open, so you dont know whether he is genuine or a con-man, which is good! I hope we dont see Floyds ghost or something ordering a coffee in rainbows, then I might switch off!!:D:D

I really am enjoying the show at the moment! Never miss it! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

MaryCat! wrote: »
    I just read on the website, it sounds like "The Hungry Pig" opens its doors this week! That was quick refurbishment wasn't it! LOL! :rolleyes:

:P

surely planning permission is required ..............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

surely planning permission is required ..............

I bet Sean Dunne would love to be building in Carrigstown...with the planning permission laws!

I was getting sick of Turlough but I read on this weeks stories on the RTE site and it loks kinda good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Who is playing the real Louie? He looks familiar

That new guy Daithi is hot way hotter than Dean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bahahahahahahaha!

Christy and Bella eating muffins outside the new diner! So funny!

Even more funny: Fluent Irish speaker who plays Ali saying 'brístes'. Must hurt the poor girl's ears to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

janeybabe wrote: »

Even more funny: Fluent Irish speaker who plays Ali saying 'brístes'. Must hurt the poor girl's ears to say it.

Yeah that made me laugh too! :pac:

Where do I know Dáithí from?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

how come it took them like months to refurbish the bistro the last time but only like two days to change it around completely? lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

It looks like something from Saved by the Bell. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Meller wrote: »
    how come it took them like months to refurbish the bistro the last time but only like two days to change it around completely? lolz
    The big R didn't hit Carrigstown :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Disappointed at how Carol's character has developed. Once she had an edge to her as a tough business woman living off the profits of crime now she has become a joke working in the shop alongside Christy.

is there a front window to 'the hungry pig' yer man is smart, but is he that smart that he thinks theres no need for a front window to the chipper??????????

and where leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xword

Lovong the Carol giving up the fags stuff at the mo but that turloug story is going round in circles. WTF? didn't she offer him money two days ago? didnt bob threaten him and tell him to leave renay alone last week? its groundhog day in caricktown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Groundhog Day had Bill Murray, we're stuck with Brian Murray :D
    The whole Heather-Floyd-Brendan thing is getting old and why oh why the stupid story about Bela and Carol giving up smoking? Can anyone remember a scene where Bela smoked? Even with all the stress of Rita's stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Groundhog Day had Bill Murray, we're stuck with Brian Murray :D
    The whole Heather-Floyd-Brendan thing is getting old and why oh why the stupid story about Bela and Carol giving up smoking? Can anyone remember a scene where Bela smoked? Even with all the stress of Rita's stroke.
    I have seen him smoke when at the bar ,but he can't do that now with the smoking law.
    Next time he is on camera , try to have a look at his fingers.
    They are very nicotine stained.:pac:

the turlough thing is going round in circles, why is he being so subjective, they keep firing him, bringing him back again, firing him again, etc. is he fired atm or not? :confused: and a minute ago christy was begging him to come back 'for renee's sake' but now he's teamed up with bob (why are they so pally btw?) and is all 'yeah kick im out!'

only got a glimpse yesterday........

was that Floyds ashes smokin from the vase or whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

JP Liz wrote: »
    Who is playing the real Louie? He looks familiar

Alan Devine, he played The Monk in the Veronica Guerin film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Does anyone know how old Mark and Sean are in real life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

MaltEagle wrote: »
    Does anyone know how old Mark and Sean are in real life?

I'm guessing around 16 or 17. Great episode last night:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

According to someone I work with,Mark is in transition year in Portmarnock Community school. That would make him about 16

Mark looks really like my 17 year old brother so I would guess 16/17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I donno why I watched the episode last night, it was appalling :eek: Poor storylines, I think I fell asleep. :confused:

Oh, and what the heck is the 'Hungry Pig' :P

imagine giving your kids chips and burgers for 'dinner'............ where are the ispcc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

imagine giving your kids chips and burgers for 'dinner'............ where are the ispcc.

Sally from Coronation St was doing that for years. They got so many complaints they had to change. She has been heard to shout 'Sophie, eat your salad'.

guirrrllls..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

caught the repeat of seoige this morn on way to work and thoght i was goin mad..............Traceys mad sister frances is the resident scientist ! Dr. Niamh Shaw
    Is this right ? so she's a Dr slash scientist slash (bad) actress. Was this taking the mick or is it really her ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Keith Duffy's character permanent now?

MsMolly wrote: »
    caught the repeat of seoige this morn on way to work and thoght i was goin mad..............Traceys mad sister frances is the resident scientist ! Dr. Niamh Shaw
    Is this right ? so she's a Dr slash scientist slash (bad) actress. Was this taking the mick or is it really her ?

Yeah I think she's been on it a couple of times at this stage.

• Advertisement

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is Keith Duffy's character permanent now?

yes, especially now that he's moved in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement