Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options
  • 20-03-2013 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

Equity tomorrow. What are people predicting/hoping for with injunctions. I would like some sort of essay on Campus Oil principles and deviation from them or an essay on Anton Piller, Marevas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mackerf

Equity tomorrow. What are people predicting/hoping for with injunctions. I would like some sort of essay on Campus Oil principles and deviation from them or an essay on Anton Piller, Marevas.

What are examiners likes/ dislikes in general? Are questions often mixed topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Good luck to those doing Equity tomorrow. EU was horrible today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

mackerf wrote: »

What are examiners likes/ dislikes in general? Are questions often mixed topics?
    No idea what the examiner likes but I assume minimal waffling. Topics don't seem to overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

has there ever been a whole question on anton pillar orders before? Theres not all that much to them

is it safe to say we can leave qt injuncs out considering they came up in the last sitting?

• Advertisement

ShamblesB wrote: »
    is it safe to say we can leave qt injuncs out considering they came up in the last sitting?

I will be anyway. Hopefully Marevas and Anton Piller turn up as 2 of the parts to a 3 part question. Campus Oil principles as an essay is my hope for injunctions. I haven't looked at past-papers, except Oct 2012, as I sat it, so don't know how injunctions are usually asked. I did have the examiner as a lecturer though. My own feeling would be that they won't come up as a problem question.

yeah an essay on campus oil and where it doesnt apply would be good! Good luck to everyone 2mro, lets hope it goes better than eu today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭UberStressed

Good luck tomorow everyone.... Please let this be my last ever FE1 ... Hoping for nice questions on charitable trusts, trusteeship, tracing, joint accounts, rectification and donatia Mortis Causa ... Is it too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheGreaterFool

Cutting extensively here. Is Unconscionable Bargains/Improvident Transactions regularly asked (or at all) or is it safe to focus in on Undue Influence and the third party/guarantee aspect?

The maxims were tipped in October and didn't show, I'm seriously hoping for a full 20 mark q on them but 10 will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doing

Has the Charities Act been commenced yet? Apart from the 4 or 5 provisions Eamon o Cuiv commenced in 2009 that is?

Come equity, let us dance.

finally a nice paper! :):):)

Yeah, happy with that but worried it will be marked hard since it was so easy.

hopefully not! Well I gave it my best attempt yet, just hope contract goes well tomorrow and with any luck i passed either eu or company or else have to resit them all! :( what a silly rule!

contracts with minors are voidable, unless for necessaries or beneficial services. Does this mean that the minor can enforce it against the other party but not the other way around or just that they can't be enforced at all unless for the above exceptions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

What were the 4 essay contract qs last year anyone, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The212

hope study going well for everyone.

RE Contract tomorrow I am covering

offer and offer Termination
    acceptance
    consideration
    terms
    privity
    intention
    capacity
    mistake
    misrep
    undue Inf
    damages
    frustration
    clauses

thoughts?

what is everyone zoning in on?

Good question re minors but its not really dealt with on most curriculum. I wouldnt waste time with it but courts are usually deferential to minors and adults are for the most part not allowed avoid a contract without either agreement, termination, breach or frustration. So just think of it as a valid contract with the child capable of avoiding it most circumstances with exceptions (necessities, beneficial contracts for services/apprenticeships and possibly periodic payments)

Now can you answer my question!!

• Advertisement

last year was privity, exemption clauses or eu directives, common mistake and implied terms.

The212 wrote: »
    hope study going well for everyone.

RE Contract tomorrow I am covering

offer and offer Termination
    acceptance
    consideration
    terms
    privity
    intention
    capacity
    mistake
    misrep
    undue Inf
    damages
    frustration
    clauses

thoughts?

what is everyone zoning in on?

that should be fine! Is it not the whole course? Im leaving out damages and terms, well i know a bit but nothing major and don't have enough time now! Oh i'm not doing the eu bit either, hate the eu after that paper on wed! :)

guys could someone please tell me the distiction between common mistake and unilateral? Is common mistake bell v lever bros etc and unilateral the sort where the price is misstated etc?

ive a funny feeling we will get a problem q on frustration, it didn't come up at all in the last paper!

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Now can you answer my question!!

lol! Do you have to give an answer to get one now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The212

thanks for reply ShamblesB! not going near consumer protection! and also probably leave out illegality,void contracts and duress!

Common mistake - parties are making the same mistake ..Bell v lever Bros, Solle v Butcher

Unilateral - where one party makes the mistake and the other is aware (or should be aware) of this

oh yeah, forgot about illegal and void contracts! I'd say what you have should be fine! Thanks for your help whatever way i've phrased my notes i've made it very confusing! Hopefully it's a nice paper! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sorchauna

Im amazed we are only on a second thread now. Equity was a good paper today I just didnt know enough in detail on certain topics but general stuff on everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Overwhelmed by contract :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Glinda! wrote: »
    Overwhelmed by contract :(:(:(

Good luck, and to everyone else doing Contract tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 bobsterlfc

Folks

Any advice on which of the 3 Schools is best for the FE1 Preps (GCD, Indepedent or City). Looking at doing the October sittings.

Cheers

B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement