Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Mick Gordon Teasers for the Golem character.

char4.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/555496168650964993

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/555983681010286592

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/556691409122910208

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/557588605561221120

The Golem will be teased at the end of the Omen official trailer which is suppose to be released tomorrow.

Omen Official Trailer

Omen trailer with Golem tease has finally been released.

Frosty Faustings VII

Killer Instinct is scheduled for 4am GMT at twitch.tv/bgcallisto for anyone who wants to watch some late night KI.

Omen Exhibition at Frosty Faustings VII

The Iron Galaxy team show off the new character to the Chicago FGC. At the beginning of the video we also get to see Maya's classic alt costume.

Omen Theme

His theme is pretty much a "Death Metal" version on Jago's theme. Not exactly my taste but I'm still impressed with Mick Gordon's ability to compose music of every genre.

February Character: Aganos (ἀγανός)

Agan0s_cncpt.PNG

Height: 8’+
    Nationality: Unknown
    Type: War Golem
    Personality traits: Obedient, Stoic, Reserved
    Weapon: Fists & Boulders

"Animated by a group of powerful artisans for a purpose lost to time, this war golem, the last of its kind, has been a prized possession of warlords, power mongers, and kings, its violent history writ large across the battlefields of Europe and the Middle-East.

As the ages wore on and the battles continued, so was a toll taken on the golem’s body. Its creators long dead, it was impossible to replace its worn and broken components. Piece by piece, battle by battle, the golem lost its original identity, substituting rocks for metal, vines for bolts and ropes.

The golem felt nothing, thought of nothing. It only obeyed commands… until one king gave it a most unusual order. Instead of ordering the construct to kill or destroy, this king commanded it to learn, to think. He named it Aganos “a person of gentle disposition” in the hopes that it would grow beyond its previous use and into something that could choose how to act.

While that simple command allowed Aganos free will, he remained loyal to the king out of respect and as repayment for liberating him from strict obedience.

Years later, when that king learned that Kan-Ra still lived and was going deeper and deeper into research of the dark arts, he asked Aganos to hunt down and destroy the evil sorcerer once and for all. Aganos accepted this task, and for centuries, he has hunted Kan-Ra across the globe, battling him on numerous occasions around the world, yet neither has ever been able to destroy the other completely.

Will the cycle of conflict continue? Will Aganos finally defeat the sorcerer and fulfill the king’s request? Find out in the S2 story!"

STAGE CONCEPT: Forgotten Grotto

http://www.ultra-combo.com/__temp2/images/photos/agan0s_stage.jpg

Until the stream next week, here’s a preview of what Aganos brings to the KI universe:

• The BIGGEST character in KI (sorry, Glacius!).
    • A replenishable resource, visual on character, that can be used for projectiles, wall creation, or armor!
    • Wall creation, permanently (until destroyed or used) changes the stage boundaries of the fight!
    • Variable movement, jump, and attack speeds based on the amount of resource he carries.
    • Special roll attack with a controllable bounce component.
    • Shadow move that allows free action while incapacitating and damaging the opponent.
    • Powerful two hit strikes in place of auto doubles
    • The next stage to feature a Stage Ultra!
    • Much more! Tune in to the stream!

Agan0s_size.PNG

..... soooo sick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

****ing hell. He's friggin gigantic.

One thing that bugs me about these recent KI characters is that they're all so interesting. Aganos in particular is mental - variable size, weight and shape with the ability to change the size of the stage. In pretty much any other game these things would be great, but so much of KI happens inside combos where all of that cool stuff is just thrown out the window. So much of KI revolves around the combo system most of these mechanics just get reduced to window dressing.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That character looks f*cking sick

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Netherrealms could do a lot worse than to take a bit of influence off the design of the KI characters. THAT is what Solomon Grundy or Doomsday should have looked like.

GhostGirl_zpsnswkvkfw.jpg

Found this full silhouette of the character that will be released in March. All that is known about this character at the moment is that it's a "ghost girl" of Japanese origin that is seeking vengeance. All her dialogue will be in Japanese.

Many people suspect she'll most likely look like the girl from "The Ring/Ringu" or "The Grudge"...

samara-the-ring-29323451-500-281.gif

index_right.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Boulder dude reminded me of this

1c26f0f04b4f46e335971adb04a50d71d3555e48.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Looks like JP girl is wearing a Kimono anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    Looks like JP girl is wearing a Kimono anyhow.

dang you're correct

Just noticed the Kimonos bow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Is that a glaive she has? Or maybe just a big ****ing stick

Ramza wrote: »
    Is that a glaive she has? Or maybe just a big ****ing stick

It's a glaive alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    Boulder dude reminded me of this

1c26f0f04b4f46e335971adb04a50d71d3555e48.jpg

Or a Quintesson.

300px-Quint.jpg

8Bit BeatDown 8/2/15 Highlights

The 8Bit BeatDown is one of the new online weekly tournaments that has started in the last few months for Killer Instinct players. Last week 152 players signed up for the chance to earn a small cash prize and some "KI points" for the KI World Cup league.

The above video highlights some of the more exciting matches that took place. For anyone who wants to watch the whole event just click on the following link.

http://www.twitch.tv/omgwtfzombiebbq/v/3766733

Aganos Full Reveal Today

Iron Galaxy will be showcasing the new Golem character in their live stream today at 9pm GMT. IG also promised to show off some extra content if they break 4,000 viewers.

For anyone who wants to check out the reveal live just click on the following link: www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

Once the stream is uploaded onto Youtube, I'll leave the video here for anyone who wants to check it out later.

Aganos Reveal Stream

This is a must watch if you haven't seen it already! This character is crazy!

KI Online Tournaments 15/2/15

The first European online tournament was hosted today. I don't know if it's a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly but it's great to see some events happening that are closer to home. So if there are any Irish KI players out there (aka Nutrient) who want to participate against people who know what they are doing here is your chance ;)

http://www.twitch.tv/akudesyn/b/625096402

Later today, Evan Gengo (aka Zombie) will be hosting his weekly tournament the 8bit Beatdown. This week 144 players signed up.

Top 16 is scheduled to be streamed today at 9pm

http://www.twitch.tv/omgwtfzombiebbq/v/3766733

The tournament is supposed to have started now, but I can't seem to find any info on if they'll stream pools or not.

Ben link me up some gdlk kanras

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    Ben link me up some gdlk kanras

Look up CStyles45 and Hollywood Sleep. Both stream on twitch and both play very different styles of Kan-Ra.

CStyles45 streams almost every day and usually gets around 100+ viewers so you can't miss him.

http://www.twitch.tv/cstyles45

Sleep also won the KI tournament at the last Frosty Faustings event so I'm sure there's vids of his matches on youtube by now.

http://www.twitch.tv/hollywoodsleep

Aganos Official Trailer and "Ghost Girl" tease.

"Japanese Ghost Girl" teased at the end!

Winter Brawl 9

Killer Instinct is scheduled will be streamed here at 7:30pm GMT
    http://www.twitch.tv/kpblive

Winners bracket
    SteamCo|CD Jr (Maya) vs. BassNS (Spinal)
    Paul B (Sabrewulf/Riptor) vs. MOR|Rico Suave (Everyone)

Losers bracket
    RM|ShinTristan (Thunder) vs. GodSpeed (Glacius/Kan-Ra)
    Floridian Demon (Kan-Ra) vs. HitBox|Tyrant (Spinal)

"Ghost Girl"

Just leaving the "Ghost Girl" teaser here for convenience (so you don't have to go through the last trailer).

Aganos' Theme

Aganos has just been released today. Mick Gordon (the composer of the KI OST) has also released his theme on his official Youtube channel. Great stuff!

B-3C0WmUcAAzOXk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

been really enjoying aganos reminds me of juggernaut though with a lot extra

Aganos Character Breakdown

Excellent character breakdown by SupermanSajam aka FRQ_Steve.

yeah cool breakdown i posted a vid today about the character he is great fun to play

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

So, they just announced Rock Band 4 for next gen. Why does this matter? Well the library and the instruments will be forward compatible, so XboxOne just came back on the cards for me :P

• Advertisement

on saturday there is pax and killer instinct will be there and are going to be showing off ghost girl plus new game modes. What are people hoping it will be ? (i do not think it is being streamed but they are recording it)

Advertisement