Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Military Photo Thread (Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

See also US Army: Judge Dredd smartgun in every squad from 2014.

Apparently it's got a hell of a recoil. It'll be interesting to see how useful it is in the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

OzCam wrote: »

Apparently it's got a hell of a recoil. It'll be interesting to see how useful it is in the field.

thats the medic weapon from battlefield 2142 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

OzCam wrote: »

It's not a rapid fire weapon anyways as it takes time to setup.
    xXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

whydave wrote: »
    palestinianmilitantfrom.jpg
    This gun looks more like an airsofter's gun than a real one. A scope and bi-pod on a 10" barreled gun and the pointless ugly Magpul furniture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

Palestinian Airsoft team !!!!!;)

x800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

you can be first to chanelenge them to a game:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Gotta love airburst weapons fugly but damn effective at killing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

Gatling wrote: »
    Gotta love airburst weapons fugly but damn effective at killing
    WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

The palestinians have some hardcore kit.... scarily well kitted out.

As for the female Marines, the FET is a new program for dealing with searching females in Afganistan, keeping cultural limits in place. A follow on from Operation Lioness in Iraq, a sucessful application of females in frontline combat and manning checkpoints for the same purpose. Some brave devildogs (or is that bitches?) out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    WTF?

About the XM25.

• Advertisement

Good find on that pic of the Galil MG Puding ... I smell a project coming on!
    what, the Negev LMG?
    Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
    The US military brings in amputees to play the role of recently seriously wounded in training evolutions. It adds a little bit of realism when the guy screaming away in front of you really doesn't have a leg, combined with fake blood spurting out from a bladder.

UK Forces have been using this practice in recent times as well. Whilst it may seem controversial to some, the few seconds that it takes "you" to get over the shock of seeing someone sans-limb and in a bad way and starting applying triage may be the few seconds needed to give that person a chance of surviving.

Yes, we've used it since world war. Did it on my combat medical tech course (obviously i had all my limbs,), was weird at first... very weird. Excelent training tool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

great pcitures as always dave. any chance of a hi res for the last picture?
    1920*1080

3102derek wrote: »
    great pcitures as always dave. any chance of a hi res for the last picture?
    1920*1080

will try my best.
    David

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Palestinian militants from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades give a press conference in which they denounce the alleged major concessions made by rival Palestinian leaders during peace talks with Israel. Gaza City, Palestine. 27/01/2011

Right - that's the final nail in the coffin. When the Palestinian militants start using magpul 'furniture' (god I hate that phrase), then it's time to hang it up.
    I believe Dex recently referred to it as airsoft burberry ... agreed, but I'll let him tell that to the nice men in the balaclavas....

1000xd.jpg
    Dear god a Masada and not on an Airsoft site !!!!
    wrong ....it's a FX-05 Xiuhcoatl ( http://world.guns.ru/assault/mex/fx-05-xiuhcoatl-e.html)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FX-05

its like a g36 and a masada mated, nice looking rifle though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

]
    dsc03633xsl37xb4.jpg

2011 and the signalman has what looks like a 77 set strapped to his back!!! did not think these things were still in use!! :eek:

~B

Is that a cornershot system in the middle?

Firekitten wrote: »
    Is that a cornershot system in the middle?

jebus thats a hell of a spot, so they have fancy dancy polymer assault rifles, cornershots old radio and some dodgy looking face camo, (whats with the strip of skin) thats a hell of a combo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

mexican%20army%20special%20forces-01.jpg
    Over kill?
    No such thing...
    xXx

I'm guess marching with that many M82's is an intimidation technique....
    :p

• Advertisement

Its not skin, its face paint too... too light to be thier natural tone... remember where they are from :P The rifle isnt that gucci either, its been around since before the masada was a glint in Costa's eye, and is a derivative of the g36c. Odd combos, but who knows what some cigar smoking general says use or get or w/e. Logic need not apply to military kit decisions.

Is this a kiss off ???

cvn753small.jpg

checking the pilot tube?

Is this a kiss off ???

cvn753small.jpg
    checking the pilot tube?
    :D:D:D:D:D

checking the pilot tube?

Not mounted on the radome of the Superbug. It's about 2 feet directly under the 1, to the right of that underside antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

checking the pilot tube?

Ya mean pitot tube :D pilot tube?? whats that?

andy_g wrote: »
    Ya mean pitot tube :D pilot tube

I didn't even cop that.:D

Its part of the piddle pack.:pac:

cvn753small.jpg
    That person loves their plane !!!!

• Advertisement

bren3.jpg
    bren1.jpg
    bren2.jpg

It's like the sexy offspring of a g36 and a SCAR - and I like it!

I like it!
    and want !!!!

CZ are awesome! :)

~B

Just the G36 really. The SCAR borrowed bits from the G36 design likewise with the Masada and this.

It's essentially a G36 with a cut back handguard and cocking lever closed in with a full length top rail.

Just the G36 really. The SCAR borrowed a good few design elements from the G36, likewise with the Masada and this.

This is essentially a G36 with a cut back handguard exposing the gas piston and the cocking lever enclosed in a full length top rail.

Just the G36 really. The SCAR borrowed a good few design elements from the G36, likewise with the Masada and this.

This is essentially a G36 with a cut back handguard exposing the gas piston and the cocking lever enclosed in a full length top rail.

Indeed good sir - but unlike a G36 it's awesome looking! That'll be the the mods you've referred to above then...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Yes, we've used it since world war. Did it on my combat medical tech course (obviously i had all my limbs,), was weird at first... very weird. Excelent training tool though.

We had some BA lads over in the DFTC recently with amputee's, training some of our MO's and teaching them how they incorporate the use amputee's as well as trauma make up in their Exercises and to train troops before they head to the Stan.

Speaking to a mate who serves in Med Coy that was there, he said it was a bloody brilliant training tool, as was the make up.

With the BA practically re-writing the book on combat medicine due to their experiences in A'Stan, along with the fact they're an army we operate along the same lines as, it makes perfect sense to learn from their experiences in combat considering we're not involved.

I left in 07, we were still mostly in iraq at the time, and not suffering as huge losses. Afganistan has really changed things, and for all we've learned, i fear its at the cost of many young lives. As with all wars, advances made now, will soon trickle through to the civilian sector, improving medical care for all, which I think goes some way to compensate the losses.

bullets wrote: »
    bp.jpg

Class !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Class !!!

Bullets i was one Cavalry on that film ;)

jeawan wrote: »
    Bullets i was one Cavalry on that film ;)

If I remember correctly all the extras were
    put in groups of 50 with letters for each platoon.

I was in "I platoon" the bastard platoon.
    At the time I was in 3rd Field Sigs in Limerick.
    Met loads of people at the time us Limerick folks got on
    like a house on fire with the Cork Lads, and had lots of Cavalry buddies in the Platoon at the time along with the medics and S&T, for some childish reasons at the time we never did "gel" with the Dublin crowd and there were lots of fights and arguments for no good reason looking back on things that sometimes broke out on the fight scenes where one fella would beat seven shades of ****e out of another, one armed with a rubber sword the other armed with a full metal one (utter immaturity at the time)

Great crack though back then! I was only there for 8 weeks
    and at the time got sick of it as was going out with my first long term girlfriend at the time (who was an army mans daughter) so did not stay on for the extra time when they filmed night scenes.

I still have my braveheart ID badge for when we needed to cross the MP points in the base!

for the first 3 weeks myself and a few of my mates were eating in the officers mess
    not knowing at all it was the officers mess (and we were not in uniform being dressed in kilts) nobody said anything to us and we were eating strawberries and cream for dessert!
    a few times, also met my first vegetarian that year called "norm" where robbed his breakfast fry up each morning.
    ~B

• Advertisement

Thanks for the photo essay Bullets, and to jeawan and others for the comments. More please.

Though if someone could resize the photos down to 800x600 or so, that would be just peachy.

More on the XM25 AAR from A'stan at Kit Up.

Early days yet.

Introduction of Personal Clothing System for BA at Soldier Systems.

This is the start of the big issue of MTP for the BA. The new system (result of the PECOC project) is very layered and incorporates a lot of lessons from modern outdoor and mountaineering clothing. Some of it's quite technical.

Dessies will remain in service for real desert environments. I'd expect DPM to hang around for a while in certain units ;) too. No word about what the greenlids will do if they ever make it back to Norway - snow is the only place where MultiCam really doesn't work, and you don't always want to wear a snowsuit.

I can't believe someone's finally designed something better than the Norgie! Oh well, there'll be lots of secondhand DPM for us to buy over the next year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Class pics WhyDave, keep em comin'
    Thanks ^^
    xXx

In the pic of the two marines with the night vision glow on their eyes, if you squint enough it could be a screen shot taken from a Halo game.

They arent marines :P Multicam, and one has a g36 :P
    Note, designated as simply 'ISAF'

That last photo from Dave of the boy and his family adopting the dog his KIA brother had worked with was so heartwarming! This made my morning... The look on his face makes me kinda teary seeing that much love and grief... Poignant photograph.

8a5cb7df.jpg
    want ONE !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

ICS have one out, go on Dave, you know you want to :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

54307606196a6384a0a4b.jpg
    Brady Rusk, 12, hugs Eli at a retirement and adoption ceremony at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, Feb. 3. The bomb-sniffing Labrador retriever was assigned to Brady's older brother, Marine Pfc. Colton Rusk, 20, who was killed in action in Afghanistan by Taliban sniper fire Dec. 5. The Department of Defense granted the Rusk's permission to adopt Eli and allow him to join their family.

have to agree very powerful image

attachment.php?attachmentid=129860&d=1279381490

• Advertisement
Advertisement