Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Faith wrote: »
    We bought invite templates from Etsy and are printing them up ourselves :). I'm probably going to add a few decorative bits to them to jazz them up, but it's a nice compromise between total DIY and paying for gorgeous premade ones.

That's what we did too. The template for day invite, evening invite and mass booklet cover cost €32.
    Was at the printers yesterday to get a quote. And it's only going to cost us €120 to get it all printed. We're very happy with that.

As for bridesmaids gifts. I ordered keepsake jewellery from Etsy. It's a little crystal heart on a chain that hold a small amount of ashes discreetly inside. My Mam passed away suddenly 3 years ago and as my bridesmaids are my sisters and nieces I know they will love them. Just hope they are as nice as they look in the pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Think it is just something nice, doesn't have to be a huge pressie..Like most give flowers to the mothers.. Benefit set is nice..

I was thinking of getting the ladies a nice bamboo makeup brush set with three large brushes, then some jewellery from Ruby robin to wear on the day, maybe something like cozy socks for when they can relax later..

Cant wait for my dads thinking of getting him a set of chickens named after us, going to give him the picture on the day of them. He does keep chickens and the last lot of ex battery ones we got he ended up selling them to some other dude so it is more of a joke pressie.

Then mums as we will be away for the weekend we will get flowers delivered when all has settled down and maybe get them some nice bracelet

I think it all starts to get more real when you hit the same year. last year it was like noo noo sure it is ages away..

Just incase too I just emailed a few places that were on the accommodation list and they are booked already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I'm going to get a mixed bag of presents for the bridesmaids. The one thing I want to get each of them would be a nice pretty hard copy edition of their favourite book. Other than that it will be mix of glasses and jewellery and make up bags and other personal funny things.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I actually don't think I'm going to get my bridesmaid anything extra bar what she'll be using/wearing on the day. Like I'm paying for everything and I'll get jewelry specific for the outfit which can be worn again so I think that'll be it. That's what she did for me when I was her bridesmaid years ago.

No idea for the mothers as we'll be away for the weekend too and flowers might be a waste. Maybe a really nice photo frame or something, we'll see. I know my boyfriend will scoff and not put an ounce of thought into it either :)

I've really hit the ground running since I've come back to work, 3 months to go on Saturday :eek:

3 Months ohhh..Must be buzzing..

Sure men don't think about these things.. It is like what we are to get them something...

Jewellery is great, we got the same for my sisters wedding she got the dresses hair and all that goes too..

Nice photo and frame sounds perfect too could give them just one rose or something on the day..

The invites arrived today, love them! Not loving gathering the addresses though. Going to send them out in about 3 weeks as that'll be two months before the wedding. I want to send them now though :-)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

8 weeks and counting.

Left to do we have:

Send out invites (have them here just need to write them)
    Couple of sacrament certificates still to retrieve
    Dress alterations (My new fabulous dress, not the duvet) :eek:
    Have the men fitted for suits.. we have them picked though
    Get shoes and boleros for the flower girls
    Order my flowers
    And a few other little bits and bobs

All was going swimmingly until we found out a couple of weeks ago that we have to move house next week. The guy who owns the house we're renting is moving home from working abroad. Timing couldn't be worse but what can ya do. Plus the dress saga this week added to the stress but I can see the other side now. It's all coming back on track slowly but surely :p

I'm actually more excited now with my new dress. I don't think I was ever really in love with the first dress anyway. The new one just feels right :D Everything happens for a reason eh :)

Best of luck to everyone who's planning :)

xzanti wrote: »
    8 weeks and counting.

Left to do we have:

Order my flowers

All was going swimmingly until we found out a couple of weeks ago that we have to move house next week. The guy who owns the house we're renting is moving home from working abroad. Timing couldn't be worse but what can ya do. Plus the dress saga this week added to the stress but I can see the other side now. It's all coming back on track slowly but surely :p

I'm actually more excited now with my new dress. I don't think I was ever really in love with the first dress anyway. The new one just feels right :D Everything happens for a reason eh :)

That's gas, we just completed a house move so it's clearly a pre requisite for weddings!

Delighted you are sorted with the dress, what a dose, least it's sorted now.

xzanti wrote: »
    8 weeks and counting.

Left to do we have:

Order my flowers

That's gas, we just completed a house move so it's clearly a pre requisite for weddings!

Delighted you are sorted with the dress, what a dose, least it's sorted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wrote our invitations this evening, just need to post them either tomorrow or Saturday morning!

4 months from tomorrow... trip back to Ireland arranged for March to sort out a few things then. Menu tasting, flowers, suits...

One of my bridesmaids has offered to do my make-up for the day, which is handy.

All seems like it is getting closer.. Delighted to hear xzanti that you got the dress sorted out in the end and it worked out.. Sounds like you a busy lady..

Must be tempting alright Corkclaire to send the invites out, kinda the same well were only due to get the samples I though this week but maybe not.. Ours is like 8 months away so it is very early... It must seem all so real and close when you start sending them out....

Its beginning to look a lot like lots of wedding days... Hope ye come back to tell us all how they go

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

I've half my invitations written and plan on doing the rest tonight...no idea how people calligraphy their own invitations, I'm struggling to get them done in biro!! Will hopefully have them in the post tomorrow.

Had my hair & makeup trial last weekend (delighted with everything!) and have my first dress fitting tomorrow - I'm still 3 months out but am making major changes to the dress. Couldnt find what i wanted when I was shopping so I'm changing a dress completely!! Then meeting our humanist lady next week and menu tasting next Friday...I feel like I'm in wedding overdrive!

Just ordered a back-up dress there too, I'm legendarily klutzy and I don't trust myself to go through a full day without getting *something* on a very light coloured dress! Under 50 quid anyway so no big deal.

Under €50 bargain where did you get this from?

I was looking at bridesmaids outfits and saw a skirt on some site phase8 is it, someone mentioned it in another thread and was thinking but sure they wont want to wear white they will get it dirty really easily and then thought feck sure wont my own be light too.. Good idea to have another to change into if anything happens

50 sterling, which with the way the rate dropped today is still quite a lot in euro...

Lindy Bop Ophelia in gold, last one in stock on Amazon happened to be a size 12 :D

My main dress is tea length as well so if I need to swap into it I'll just leave the petticoat on and swap dresses. Everything else should match.

• Advertisement

Uhhh that's lovely... Still €50 sterling isn't bad at all.. Uhh two new outfits.. looks fab

Just looking at the site they are funky dresses

50 sterling, which with the way the rate dropped today is still quite a lot in euro...

Lindy Bop Ophelia in gold, last one in stock on Amazon happened to be a size 12 :D

My main dress is tea length as well so if I need to swap into it I'll just leave the petticoat on and swap dresses. Everything else should match.

I have this dress :) My mother wouldn't let me wear it as my wedding dress 'cause she said someone else could wear the same style, I poo poo'd her until we happened across this exact dress in a different pattern in the English Market in Cork :P I love it, it fits so well that I bought it in red. Very comfy too and it has pockets, what's not to love.

Just ordered a few bits and pieces from JJs house I hope they are good now have been toying with the idea for ages.. Got some wedding wands as I think they are called, some lanterns and brush sets for the bridesmaids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Finally got my dress, I bit the bullet and made loads of appointments for today, and I got it in 40 minutes of shopping :) It's a lovely Justin Alexander vintage-y type. Soooooo relieved now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Snap, I'm Justin Alexander too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭fits

My maid of honour just got a beautiful 100 % silk dress in a sample sale for 65 euro. Score!!! Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Just realised that 100 lace doily envelopes I made won't work now as my invitations are bigger than I thought and won't fit in the posting envelopes I bought especially unless I drop the lace envelope��.

Back to the drawing board!

Such a productive weekend, I got the bridesmaid dresses today too. I picked them out online, and we went in to try them on today. They all fit, and I bought them there and then. Another big thing ticked off the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Got room for one more?

Got engaged at Christmas and getting married in August (Yup, this August!).

We have the church and priest booked, did the pre marriage course Fri/Sat. Struck a deal today with the hotel after an hour of haggling. Looking forward to getting the email from the hotel coordinator Tuesday with the full list of what she is including.

And that is as far as we have got. EEK

Having a sit down with my friends on Thursday so hopefully I can get them involved in the planning.

Reading through a few pages of this thread has given me the jitters thinking of all that has to be done.

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    Got room for one more?

Got engaged at Christmas and getting married in August (Yup, this August!).

We have the church and priest booked, did the pre marriage course Fri/Sat. Struck a deal today with the hotel after an hour of haggling. Looking forward to getting the email from the hotel coordinator Tuesday with the full list of what she is including.

And that is as far as we have got. EEK

Having a sit down with my friends on Thursday so hopefully I can get them involved in the planning.

Reading through a few pages of this thread has given me the jitters thinking of all that has to be done.

Omg, how did you manage to get everything booked and done in such a short time. Fair play to ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

emzolita wrote: »
    Omg, how did you manage to get everything booked and done in such a short time. Fair play to ya
    I'm trying to pick about 2 things at a time to sort out. I need to start making lists though.

Try and get your paperwork done ASAP - that absolutely needs to be done a minimum of 3 months in advance and you don't want to risk any delays.

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Just realised that 100 lace doily envelopes I made won't work now as my invitations are bigger than I thought and won't fit in the posting envelopes I bought especially unless I drop the lace envelope��.

Back to the drawing board!

Oh no, you can probably sell them on maybe or use them for the thank you cards perhaps..

For the new bride "Your grand you can do it!! Once ye have a clear plan of what ye would like and need ye will be flying it.. congrats to ye aswell..
    Ye have most of it done already the only thing left is the minor bits... Any questions there are lots of people here to help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Getting married in April so just under 3 months to go now and my to-do list is scaring the life out of me. I found the big things we booked and sorted quickly but it's all the little things on the list that seem insurmountable! Just making list after list at the moment!

• Advertisement

Getting married in April so just under 3 months to go now and my to-do list is scaring the life out of me. I found the big things we booked and sorted quickly but it's all the little things on the list that seem insurmountable! Just making list after list at the moment!

I'm April as well, I keep just telling myself that because I've the big things it'll be grand. Sure no-one will notice if I've managed to source the right candles or if the flowers are absolutely perfect so I've decided not to stress them. Having said that, I still am of course :P

I hear ya with the lists!! Our invitations went in the post on Saturday so thats the last big thing (i think!) off the list. Now its the hundred little things that need attention! We have our menu tasting on Friday and staying over in the hotel, I swear its all thats keeping me going!

Welcome to the new bride - a friend of mine got engaged in Nov and is getting married in July so its definitely do-able and you're not the only one!!

Invites in the post this lunchtime, the guy in the post office looked like it made his day that someone was getting married! RSVP date we've stated is February 28th and we'll probably wait a week or so before we start to chase people up.

Just waiting to get paid now on Friday so I can order my hair piece too, am just about set on one from Debenhams. Hair trial isn't until March though.

You are all scaring me with invites. Need to get skates on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

April here.

Ever since January hit I feel like I'm going to vomit thinking of everything I still have to do :o

Thiiiiiiink I'm pretty much organised, have all my stuff, have himself and his best man's suit sorted, humanist and venue all good.... I just feel like I'm forgetting something!

Very proud of myself though, the stress must be helping my diet! Brought my dress in for alterations and was told I've dropped 2 and a half dress sizes so let's feckin hope I can keep it off.

Finalised cake design today and booked the cars, just waiting for the freak out to begin~

April seems to be a popular choice this year - I'm April as well!

Clearly we're starting a new trend :P We just chose it because it's before all the music festivals start :D

I get pure panic moments but then I talk myself down again. Gathering all the addresses has me a bit stressed though, it's already doing my head in and we're not sending out the invites until mid February. I think it's natural to freak mildly every so often. I'm just hoping it doesn't take over my life and I've nothing to do post May :(

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Hi guys, random request but does anyone know where one could source a champagne fountain for hire? I'm looking for something in the Cork/Munster area preferably and just the fountain at the moment. And someone might have a rough idea of prices so I don't get done over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

What is a champagne fountain? Is it something that pumps sparkling wine through a tube, in rotation? Would that not taste fairly disgusting and ruin the creme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Heavenly Chocolate (google them) rent them for €200. Or is it the champagne tower, like the Great Gatsby you're after? Maybe you can ask you caterer? I'm getting married in France and the caterer is supplying it for €50 but all it is is setting up the champagne coupes I think!

Got my hairdresser sorted. My own hairdresser is taking the opportunity to have a weekend away and doing the job will cover some of her costs. I am so delighted as it will be lovely to have her around in the morning. Yay!
    Just makeup left to sort out now. And the invitations.

Oh was disappointed after changing what type of invite we were going for we got the sample yesterday and I just went ohh.. Not working at all at all.. Was a little surprised as we had done lets say most of the editing and was hoping they would fix it up properply do the final touches but tis the same as what we sent..I was like ohh we could have done that.. Anywho back to the drawing board yippee...

Milly33 where did you go?

We're getting married in July! Just need to finalise our invitations now! We are having a slight Midsummers Nights Dream theme to the wedding, but I had planned to send out vintage style airmail invitations to match our save the dates that went out in October - should I go with a Midsummers Nights Dream theme or stick with the vintage airmail - I'm just not sure it works anymore!

Hi Sherlof mm ill pm you there. It isn't that the person doing them isn't good I think it is more, if you are anyway handy yourself you can do them.. I was expecting more really.

• Advertisement

Just pm'd you there.. Midsummer nights theme sounds loverly.. but there is a lot to be said for keeping things together..

We had it all planned and I was saying no, these are the colours this is it. Changed and sure it didn't look right at all.. I would think match the save the dates, but then go with your gut feeling it is never wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Sherlof3 wrote: »
    Heavenly Chocolate (google them) rent them for €200. Or is it the champagne tower, like the Great Gatsby you're after? Maybe you can ask you caterer? I'm getting married in France and the caterer is supplying it for €50 but all it is is setting up the champagne coupes I think!

I actually googled and rang them. But very dear. I'm also getting a chocolate fountain. And the best they could do was very dear as they offer a free champagne fountain with it. It's not for a wedding. And it's going to be a fizzy drink in it. Very long story haha. Thanks for replying anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Hi All!

I'm getting married in May so would like to join in on your chats if that's ok! I only got engaged in October so have not left myself loads of time, but hopefully will be ok :) We have a venue and a celebrant at least, so I'm telling myself we can at least legally do it,even if all the other bits aren't there!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sleepymissymoo

Another one jumping in to say Hi to all the 2015 brides!!

Getting married in October and so far have done very little! Must getting reading through this forum for some ideas! Have venue, church and band booked and got my dress 2 days ago....the very first one I tired on!!! Only went to one shop and tried 6 on in total. Totally didn't expect that to happen!! Have a 3 month old baby and just moved house so it's been completely hectic!! We spent ages during the summer looking at venues but everything else is being done without too much time or effort!

Hi Extraplus congrats to you!! Wow you are moving quickly but well done.. would love to have had the day quicker but didn't have the mula.. I am sure everything will flow into place for you.

Just have you action list ready to go.. Tick them all off and youll be grand. If you have all the major bits already sure what more do you need.

HI Sleepymissymoo congrats to whoop sounds like you are well sorted. Lucky you have the dress.. Fining it horrible well in saying that ive only gone to two shops but I don't think I like them... Sure again you have all the major things done and plenty of time mind you baby sounds like fun in the midst of it all congrats on that too

• Advertisement
Advertisement