Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HIPHOP GIGS 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Forbidden Fruit initial lineup announced.

- Wu Tang Clan
    - Joey Bada$$
    - Earl Sweatshirt
    - Run the MotherF*cking Jewels
    - Mr. Scruff

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Nas performing Illmatic @ Life Festival

I think im'ma cry

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nas performing Illmatic @ Life Festival

I think im'ma cry
    The Underachievers and Ratking also on the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Underachievers and Ratking also on the lineup.

Never really heard any of their stuff.

I see that The Underachievers are from same parts as Pro Era and the Zombies. Are they similar in style?

Gonna check them out. All my mates are Dance heads and was at Life last year. So excited that they have acts for me this time!

Underachievers and Flatbush Zombies have a group together called Indigo Clockwork.

Ratking are the best group from New York at the moment.

• Advertisement

God damn it, between the Wu-Tang Clan and Nas I'm going to be even more broke than I am atm. To find a new place to live or buy tickets for both and live on the streets for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

God damn it, between the Wu-Tang Clan and Nas I'm going to be even more broke than I am atm. To find a new place to live or buy tickets for both and live on the streets for awhile

Apart from Method Man and Ghost if he's arsed, the Wu are fairly ****e live!

Apart from Method Man and Ghost if he's arsed, the Wu are fairly ****e live!

Have heard that from people but would still like to see them live, though ideally that would have been well over a decade ago.

People Under the Stairs playing in the Sugar Club next month

Jay Electronica is playing Whelans on March 12. Tickets are just over 20 euro which is a bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jay Electronica is playing Whelans on March 12. Tickets are just over 20 euro which is a bargain

I'd pay that to hear 'Exhibit C' played continuously for an hour.

Any educated guesses as to what time Jay will be on stage on Thursday? Doors are 7.30, just don't fancy another Ghostface in the Sugar Club scenario, was waiting well over three hours for him to appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 WingnutRecords

Hello!

Misha Freshin'... is a brand new monthly DJ/Beats/Hiphop night in The Bernard Shaw pub on South Richmond St., Dublin 2. Taking place on the last Friday of every month with no cover charge, Misha Freshin'... will showcase Ireland's best DJs and Producers from the thick and murky underground.

Misha Freshin... #1 ft. SUNKEN FOAL + JIMMY THE HIDEOUS PENGUIN + MISHA REZIDENTS will be booming into action on Friday March 27th from 8pm.

The plan is simple; great music, dope beats, eclectic mix and Friday-evening-good-vibes out the wazoo.
    Misha Freshin'... is run by a raggedy mob of music-crazed hoodlums.

Facebook event page is up there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Any educated guesses as to what time Jay will be on stage on Thursday? Doors are 7.30, just don't fancy another Ghostface in the Sugar Club scenario, was waiting well over three hours for him to appear!

wondering this myself working to 9.30ish & would be interested in the gig if he was due on around 10ish I'd head up as its on the way home anyway but if due on at 9 obviously no point

Great show from Jay Electronica tonight! Have been to hip hop gigs in Vicar Street, Tripod, the Button Factory and the Sugar Club, but have to say Whelan's got it spot on, he sounded class on the mic, lots of a cappella stuff and really clear! Very impressed!

Did he do Exhibit A and C?

Yeh he started with A and ended with C! Eternal Sunshine too!

http://nialler9.com/action-bronson-for-dublin-show/

He’s playing The Academy later in the year on September 10th. Tickets are on sale Friday at 10am priced at €26.50+fees.

Brilliant news.

Bronson is excellent live. Well worth the monies.

I'm off on Friday and I'll be around for the gig. Definitely going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

What's the venue for Bam Bam Bronson like for size? Likely to sell out quickly?

NEED to go to this

The Academy is a decent size, the last few here were in the Twisted Pepper which where packed. Academy is much bigger but I'm sure it will be near a sellout.
    The new album has been well received and being reviewed by some of the larger media outlets, so there will be alot more interest.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Academy is a decent size, the last few here were in the Twisted Pepper which where packed. Academy is much bigger but I'm sure it will be near a sellout.
    The new album has been well received and being reviewed by some of the larger media outlets, so there will be alot more interest.

Have a handy day in work tomorrow so ill be armed with the credit card to buy!

Tickets bought!

That's nas, wu and bronson tickets in one week.

Supoiiib

• Registered Users Posts: 20 WingnutRecords

Misha Freshin'...#2 is the second of our new monthly DJ/Beats/Hiphop night in The Bernard Shaw pub on South Richmond St., Dublin 2. Taking place on the last Friday of every month with no cover charge, Misha Freshin'... showcases Ireland's best DJs and Producers from the thick and murky underground.

Misha Freshin... #2 ft. DJ MEK + SAVAGE MANTLE + MISHA REZIDENTS will be booming into action on Friday April 24th from 8pm. Free admission.

The plan is simple; great music, dope beats, eclectic mix and Friday-evening-good-vibes out the wazoo.
    Misha Freshin'... is run by a raggedy mob of music-crazed hoodlums.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

your old droog june 6 twisted pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mos Def added to the electric picnic lineup, shaping up to be a good summer for hip hop in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Not if his show in Vicar St last year is anything to go by, thought it was dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not if his show in Vicar St last year is anything to go by, thought it was dire.

Yeah I heard awful things about it too, something to do with him preaching for 15 minutes. Sure at least at a festival if he's shít there'll be 10 other stages to go to haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Yeah I heard awful things about it too, something to do with him preaching for 15 minutes.

Yeah, there was that, but the music just wasn't that good either. I only ever liked the first album and that sounds a bit bland and dated for me these days. I guess I've just gotten way more into hip-hop since it came out.

Advertisement