Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Donagh Station Shopping Centre

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

linny wrote: »
    But why would Callan of all places need a tesco. I haven't been out there in years is it after booming in size it needs a giant supermarket putting large supermarkets in small towns/villages is crazy surely then castlecomer thomastown or graiguemamanagh also need a tesco let alone kilkenny

A Tesco's in Callan, would serve the greater area...Including Kilkenny, and in doing so would bring shoppers to Callan...thereby increasing footfall, which leads to more shops...simple...plus another chemist or two... :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Haven't Tesco put expansion on hold and cancelled a load of planned new shops and closed dozens of existing shops after those billions in losses? Asking for one in Callan may be asking a bit much right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Callan for years we struggled with just one supermarket, which unfortunately in my opinion was not being what one should expect from a major player, okay it is a franchise, so one really had to travel to do a proper shop, now we have the 100th Aldi store, the other supermarket has perked up, so between the two one can manage, do remember we have two super butchers in Callan, John Murphy and Paul Roche.
    The franchise store still has not sorted out the use by or sell by date problem, yes it is my duty to check, the other store has such a negative approach, so much so I almost left my basket of goodies on the side and walked out, the perceived check out procedure needs to be addressed I have a strong objection at being shouted at to move my basket to another till, those days have gone, treat me with respect or do the other thing. Tesco or Dunnes or Lidl would ensure that one hopes, more pleasure would be had from the daily task of feeding a family.
    One other point we are only a small minority who bother to post on Boards, many have not heard of it or us, especially older people, we are akin to a family unit, yes we disagree and some of the banter is, need not say but we do stick together, what we need is to encourage more people to take an interest and join us. I do miss the comments even if some think my posts are a bit shaky.
    Respect you all and thanks Foxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Does anyone know if the regatta shop has opened in mcdonagh junction yet?

Jeez, if this ever happens I'm bankrupted! The Regatta concession in Haddens in Carlow is good when the sale is on.

The Three Store has gone, apparently moved to the O2 store in High Street, as we did not linger we got out of the car park for free, a first.
    Is the Regatta shop in Carlow the same as the Regatta jackets sold at the Boot Factory?
    Foxy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Not sure Mr/Ms Foxy, it is a proper concession outlet. I've never been to Padmores. This time of year they sell off the summer stuff. It's a small outlet but well stocked.

Must confess that we buy North Face clothing up at Kildare village, only because we go to quite a few other shops sorry outlets and as from November even more will be open, another 30 odd, apart from some excellent savings it is a good day out, if you love shopping, we do.
    Having said that one has to take in the cost of getting there; plus of course coffee's well Latte and a bite to eat, one might well be better off stopping in Killkenny.
    For cost conscious the new store going into the old furniture store Guineys should be a great attraction, well we have been known to go to the branch in Clonmel, of course M&S is not far away either.
    Padmore is an excellent shop, shoe bargains especially, must pop in some day soon.
    Have a lovely day Foxy

Advertisement