Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    6 carries for 20 yards in loss
    3 catches for 31 yards

This is what I missed about football season the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

Longest run of Trent Richardson's career - 32 yards

Longest run of Peyton Manning's career - 33 yards

Beast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Beast

that looks like Luck's fault. first pic TR is going to the outside, looks like Luck gives him an inside handoff though and forces him up the middle to the unblocked LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

that looks like Luck's fault. first pic TR is going to the outside, looks like Luck gives him an inside handoff though and forces him up the middle to the unblocked LB.

Hard to tell by those pics from the Vid it looks like Luck did actually do an outside handoff. It does look like though for a stretch play Luck was slow making that handoff giving TR too much time to dwell on it. Either way though TR made the wrong decision he had time and space to still go outside.

• Advertisement

TO. wrote: »
    Hard to tell by those pics from the Vid it looks like Luck did actually do an outside handoff. It does look like though for a stretch play Luck was slow making that handoff giving TR too much time to dwell on it. Either way though TR made the wrong decision he had time and space to still go outside.

i dont have the vid in front of me, and much too lazy to look it up. I'll take your word for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,129 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

21 carries for 79 yards in loss
    2 fumbles, 1 lost for a turnover
    1 catch for 16 yards

Definitely more effective on the ground for once.

21 carries for 79 yards in loss
    2 fumbles, 1 lost for a turnover
    1 catch for 16 yards

Definitely more effective on the ground for once.

i thought he actually looked like an NFL player last night, although is it just the philly run d? Bradshaw did well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watched the first half and he did pretty well, I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

says something when that was his best game but he still lost the ball at a crucial time. and bradshaw got around the same number of rushing yards with nearly half the carries

Player CAR RUSH TDS REC REC YARDS TDS
    Trent Richardson 21 79 0 1 16 0
    Ahmad Bradshaw 13 70 0 5 26 2

• Advertisement

14 carries for 57 yards (longest 27 yards) in blowout victory
    3 catches for 23 yards

Two weeks of better production, but Bradshaw is outperforming him on much lower volume...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

14 carries for 57 yards (longest 27 yards) in blowout victory
    3 catches for 23 yards

Two weeks of better production, but Bradshaw is outperforming him on much lower volume...

Absolutely, Bradshaw is a top class RB but because he is so injury prone they will need to keep his workload very light throughout the year. If they manage to make the playoffs I could easily see Bradshaw becoming the workhorse

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Absolutely, Bradshaw is a top class RB but because he is so injury prone they will need to keep his workload very light throughout the year. If they manage to make the playoffs I could easily see Bradshaw becoming the workhorse

I'm not so sure! Richardson will still get the majority I think to save Bradshaw! Bradshaw is far better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Eagerly awaiting Lloyd's next upd...........ah screw it, can't wait anymore.

7 rushes for 0 yards in blowout loss.
    1 reception for 21 yards

Yikes. Jonas Gray, an undrafted rookie, had infinite times the rushing yards Trent had :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Andrew Luck led his team in rushing last night, with 15 yards.
                  rushes   yards    ypc
    A. Luck         3	15	5.0
    A. Bradshaw	7	4	0.6
    T. Richardson	7	0	0.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Looks like Bradshaw has broken his ankle...so Richardson is going to get a lot more carries now.

Poor Bradshaw, it's probably the end for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Very unfortunate for Bradshaw. He was having a great season. He's a fighter though so maybe he can come back again.

This is Richardson's chance to prove himself now! Let's see what he can do as the main man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Eagerly awaiting Lloyd's next upd...........ah screw it, can't wait anymore.

7 rushes for 0 yards in blowout loss.
    1 reception for 21 yards

Yikes. Jonas Gray, an undrafted rookie, had infinite times the rushing yards Trent had :pac:

Congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Congratulations.

Thanks? :confused:

I'm calling it!

He's done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Richardson is a healthy scratch tonight for the Colts biggest game of the season. Inactive.

Paully D wrote: »
    Richardson is a healthy scratch tonight for the Colts biggest game of the season. Inactive.

In favour of a guy they signed off the street 5 days ago!

Plot thickener - he failed a weigh in (or weight target) apparently! Poor from him if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

he was a bust does this thread have to resurface every week when he's poor

nerd69 wrote: »
    he was a bust does this thread have to resurface every week when he's poor

No - I stopped doing that to be fair. That said, 7 rushes for 0 yards and being unselected for a playoff game is noteworthy.
    Trent Richardson:

2012: Rushing Attempts: 267 Rushing Yards: 950 YPC: 3.6 TD: 11 Fumbles: 3
    2013: Rushing Attempts: 188 Rushing Yards: 563 YPC: 3.0 TD: 3 Fumbles: 3

2012: Thrown To: 70 Catches: 51 Receiving Yards: 367 YPC: 7.2 TD: 1
    2013: Thrown To: 52 Catches: 35 Receiving Yards: 316 YPC: 9.0 TD: 1

A pretty astonishing regression and it now looks like very unlikely that he's a viable NFL player beyond his rookie deal.

The good news for the Colts is that they're paying him relatively little for a top five pick (Cleveland invested the bulk of his contract) and he's a body on the roster with situation specific value (he's okay catching out of the backfield tbf). I think they'll keep him until the current deal is up which gives TRich time and touches to turn it around.

Draft busts are always fascinating aren't they?

2014: Rushing Attempts: 159 Rushing Yards: 519 YPC: 3.3 TD: 3 Fumbles: 2
    2014: Thrown To: 34 Catches: 27 Receiving Yards: 229 YPC: 9.0 TD: 0

He stayed at a very similar level in terms of running the ball this year, but dropped off in terms of receiving impact. A regression overall meaning he has gone consistently backwards over his three years in the league. Most damning however was the decision of the Colts not to put him on the field in the playoffs.

==============

Why push this topic? We all like making predictions but it's rare that we get to track them the whole way through and see the outcomes. It's less about the question of 'who was right' and more about 'are we basing predictions on the right trains of thought'.

There are similarities here to the Tebow situation or the developing Manziel bust out in Cleveland:

- it doesn't matter how good a player was in college;
    - it doesn't matter if they make an impressive play or two or you like the look of them from an 'eye test' perspective;
    - the right stats won't lie;
    - the NFL is not a development league. Players who are going to be great start positively with very rare exceptions;
    - 1st round draft picks are more valuable than most people understand;

People have a problem letting college stars go and divorcing who they were from who they are in the NFL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I must say, I got this one totally wrong. I thought it was an awful trade from the Browns and that it would push on Richardsons career with a playoff candidate team. Although the Browns did go and take Manziel in the draft, so they completely nullified what was initially a good trade for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

bruschi wrote: »
    I must say, I got this one totally wrong. I thought it was an awful trade from the Browns and that it would push on Richardsons career with a playoff candidate team. Although the Browns did go and take Manziel in the draft, so they completely nullified what was initially a good trade for them.
    oh i thought the same but its been clear for a while now how wrong i was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Not sure was this already posted. Richardson was drafted on April 26th 2012 and Jim Brown slammed the draft pick the same night
    Jim Brown said today on ESPN Radio that he doesn’t think Richardson is a great running back who’s going to make a great impact in Cleveland.

“I’m not overwhelmed with it,” Brown said of the idea that the Browns could take Richardson. “The problem is that he’s ordinary. I think he’s ordinary.”

Asked what about him is ordinary, Brown said, “the size, the speed, his moves.”

Asked if any running backs in this year’s draft impress him, Brown said, “Not really. It’s not a good year, obviously.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/jim-brown-not-impressed-with-ordinary-trent-richardson/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads why did Pagano let Donald Brown go,

just looking at whats happened with the RB situation there, it makes me wonder why they didnt keep him around for a year at least, seen as he had an excellant season last year and Richardson has struggled since he went there, Bradshaw is very good, but always can get injured.

I think it puts alot of work on Herron on his own and puts more pressure on the passing game to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Colts leaving their leading rusher at home two weeks in a row? Wow

He is a bust, his career will most likely die away now, like this thread :)

Advertisement