Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I'm seen it more and more, people not bothering their arse to indicate when turning, stuck behide some wanker this morning that didn't feel the need to indicate leaving every other driver on the road to pretend they were Mystic Meg and hazard a guess of what he would do next

Prick!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Multipacks of food that do not display a use by date and nutritional information on the individual items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Auld lad in a new 151 Focus this morning on a 100kpm going arounfd 75 - 80kph. On the outermost point of the road (right wheels about 6inch from centre lines). No concept of looking in the mirror, and moving in to let cars past. No way.
    Either move aside or drive on. What is wrong with some folk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Want to move my bedroom furniture around, but I live alone, and not moved this bed since I moved in, and suspect I may need somebody to help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Want to move my bedroom furniture around, but I live alone, and not moved this bed since I moved in, and suspect I may need somebody to help me.

just tell someone you need a hand in the bedroom, and hope they oblige...

TA - i just ate the 'serves 2' meal myself when I had planned to leave the other serving for lunch.
    It was so puny though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People who don't move up when the queue moves. Esp when the queue is out the door and it's cold out.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    just tell someone you need a hand in the bedroom, and hope they oblige...

TA - i just ate the 'serves 2' meal myself when I had planned to leave the other serving for lunch.
    It was so puny though!

Someone? There is nobody, so not sure who you're meaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

When you are washing up and your rolled up jumper sleeve keeps falling down past your elbow. You try and use only the barest touch to keep it up so you don't make it wet but it invariably falls into the sink water and then you have soggy cuffs. Grrrr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

losing a sock in bed.

yes you'll try with the double foot sock, but you're just lying to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

everlast75 wrote: »
    agree 100%!

What also bugs me is the Company Shomra - meaning (when spelled correctly - room) but they misspell it and then have to spell out the name of their website on radio adverts - aaaggghh!

Attack your attic with a stira!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

TA that the hour has gone forward. So now that it is brighter later, all the little gurriers in my estate are out playing on the street in the evenings.

TA that they are up to their usual tricks of lobbing water balloons at peoples front doors & running away. It's not a big deal really, you ignore the slight thud on your door and you pick up the random pieces of burst balloon, the next time you are weeding your flower beds.

TA that this time around, the little $hits didn't use balloons, they used condoms. I have had two of the feckers sitting on my front step for the last 2 mornings. I didn't notice them in my rush to get out in the morning.

God only knows what the post man thought ! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Apt username, classic dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

ProudDUB wrote: »
    TA that the hour has gone forward. So now that it is brighter later, all the little gurriers in my estate are out playing on the street in the evenings.

TA that they are up to their usual tricks of lobbing water balloons at peoples front doors & running away. It's not a big deal really, you ignore the slight thud on your door and you pick up the random pieces of burst balloon, the next time you are weeding your flower beds.

TA that this time around, the little $hits didn't use balloons, they used condoms. I have had two of the feckers sitting on my front step for the last 2 mornings. I didn't notice them in my rush to get out in the morning.

French Letters???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Being kept up all night with anxiety, then vomiting all over the bathroom. It's everywhere :( I'm too shaky to clean it now though.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Being kept up all night with anxiety, then vomiting all over the bathroom. It's everywhere :( I'm too shaky to clean it now though.

Sorry to hear that Panda. Hope you feel a bit better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

ratmouse wrote: »
    It's disgusting. It's actually against HSE policy to smoke anywhere on the grounds of a HSE site so if that was a HSE you are referring to, then there shouldn't be smoking permitted at the front door.

CUMH always seems to have dressing-gowned expectant mothers puffing away at the entrance. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Aglomerado wrote: »
    CUMH always seems to have dressing-gowned expectant mothers puffing away at the entrance. :(

As does St Munchins in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Minion quotes on facebook.

And added to that, quotes in general. Why does putting something in quotation marks make it more meaningful or give it more weight?

"People on buses are morons"

- ONW

????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Co-workers thinking you can't see their April Fools 'jokes' coming a mile away -

I entertained you the first 20 times already this morning, we're not doing this for the day. I'm not running a crèche :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,843 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Minion quotes on facebook.

And added to that, quotes in general. Why does putting something in quotation marks make it more meaningful or give it more weight?

"People on buses are morons"

- ONW

????

'Like' and 'Share' this for good luck, if you don't, an anvil will fall out of the sky and kill you.

If you don't 'Like' and 'Share' this you must be a terrorist or a paedophile, or a paedophile-terrorist.

• Advertisement

'Like' and 'Share' this for good luck, if you don't, an anvil will fall out of the sky and kill you.

If you don't 'Like' and 'Share' this you must be a terrorist or a paedophile, or a paedophile-terrorist.

Like and Share this if you have the best Dad in the world. Guess what? I already know I have the best Dad in the world, and I dont need to post rubbish on my facebook to convince him, me or the rest of the world of how great he is.

...I feel a facebook rant coming on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Without branching too much into the "dumb facebook updates" area, FB posts wishing happy birthday to someone who isn't on FB, like a 4yr old niece and saying "see you soon"..

The Facebook feed on Mothers day is notorious. A Hallmark binge and purge I call it. Rubbish about how your mother is one in a million and mothers wishing their daughters who are also mothers a happy mother day etc - it's mothers day - for your MOTHER, not your DAUGHTER. And anyway, you're meant to be nice to your mammy all year, not just one day. :rolleyes:

The "I sort of need a pee" feeling you get when you're just dozing off. The one that is not particularly pressing at that time but if ignored, could result in being woken up later in the night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've eaten all my lunch goodies already, so now have nothing nice to accompany my sambos :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The Facebook feed on Mothers day is notorious. A Hallmark binge and purge I call it. Rubbish about how your mother is one in a million and mothers wishing their daughters who are also mothers a happy mother day etc - it's mothers day - for your MOTHER, not your DAUGHTER. And anyway, you're meant to be nice to your mammy all year, not just one day. :rolleyes:

+1, what's worse is Mothers day cards for Granny.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I've eaten all my lunch goodies already, so now have nothing nice to accompany my sambos :(

You got you just desserts :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

ProudDUB wrote: »

Sounds like the parents are planning on having another benefit sponge child. :D

Cunce?

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote: »
    People who wear their dressing gowns during the day to the shops/supermarket/post office,etc. Don't get me wrong, wearing your pyjamas is not acceptable either way, but, at least if there's a coat or jacket over the pyjamas, it makes them look slightly less bedroom attire (but not much). The pyjamas teamed with a dressing gown in public is a step too far, too far. It is basically the scenario that they have gotten out of bed and haven't made any attempt to put normal, day time clothes on. These folk are only short of wearing their slippers out to show complete disregard for what is acceptable human behaviour.

My trivial annoyance has to be people who bothered by this. Who cares?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement