Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    No no! I know where you're coming from and I despise such individuals too, especially when they do it for a reaction :P

Obviously I'm glad the weight's going the right way, but I had told myself I'd buy new clothes when I reach my target, I just hadn't thought about clothes for the inbetween stage :P

Run faster then ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Our washing machine won't be serviced until tomorrow, now there's an ever growing backlog of laundry to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

everlast75 wrote: »
    Run faster then ;);)

I've considered your suggestion and taking all factors into consideration....

eh...no :) I'm barely surviving as it is lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

No no! I know where you're coming from and I despise such individuals too, especially when they do it for a reaction :P

Obviously I'm glad the weight's going the right way, but I had told myself I'd buy new clothes when I reach my target, I just hadn't thought about clothes for the inbetween stage :P

Shrink them??

Clean at too hot temperature/tumble dry v.hot

Has mixed results though at times

Shrink them??

Clean at too hot temperature/tumble dry v.hot

Has mixed results though at times

Might just ask the OH to wash them for me. Her efforts tend to have that effect alright (yet another TA):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I know what you mean about the in-between stage. It's a great feeling though when the hard work starts to pay off and when it shows. Be proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Might just ask the OH to wash them for me. Her efforts tend to have that effect alright (yet another TA):pac:

Ach, can she make white things go pink too? That used to drive me nuts.
    Going to work all manly like, but wearing pink calvin klien boxers.

Ach, can she make white things go pink too? That used to drive me nuts.
    Going to work all manly like, but wearing pink calvin klien boxers.

That's salmon! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

For the last two days I can't stop singing Spandau Ballet's Gold in my head. Occasionally I burst out with it to withering looks. It's not that I don't like the song, but I think I'm starting to go slowly insane ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

73Cat wrote: »
    For the last two days I can't stop singing Spandau Ballet's Gold in my head. Occasionally I burst out with it to withering looks. It's not that I don't like the song, but I think I'm starting to go slowly insane ....

I'm the same, except the song is Anastacia - Im outta love. I haven't heard it for years, and I hate it, so I don't know why it's stuck in my head.
    Horrible screechey voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I'm the same, except the song is Anastacia - Im outta love. I haven't heard it for years, and I hate it, so I don't know why it's stuck in my head.
    Horrible screechey voice.

Have you 'firmed' up yet?

73Cat wrote: »

Pedantic I know - but I can't get over the factual inaccuracy in that he says its indestructible.. its not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Irish made products that get given Irish names - but not proper names.

Like a normal product in English, like toothpaste, gets a name like colgate or mint-fresh, but an Irish product gets given a name like fiacla, literally meaning teeth, or theres Irish made dog food called madra, literally meaning dog.

who the fvck would buy a product named teeth or dog.
    1 tube of teeth and a can of dog please.

why not sell a toilet paper named arseh0l3.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Like a normal product in English, like toothpaste, gets a name like colgate or mint-fresh, but an Irish product gets given a name like fiacla, literally meaning teeth, or theres Irish made dog food called madra, literally meaning dog.

'Home made' and 'Hand cooked' products that marketing would have us believe were lovingly made by a granny in a thatched cottage instead of being made by a Polish girl in a hairnet in an industrial estate in Inchicore.

agree 100%!

What also bugs me is the Company Shomra - meaning (when spelled correctly - room) but they misspell it and then have to spell out the name of their website on radio adverts - aaaggghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That's salmon! :pac:

Cerise?:D

hehehehe :D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Cerise?:D

No it's ONW, sorry :(

:pac:

'Home made' and 'Hand cooked' products that marketing would have us believe were lovingly made by a granny in a thatched cottage instead of being made by a Polish girl in a hairnet in an industrial estate in Inchicore.

"Hand Carved" - would ye f*ckin get over yourselves, it's cut with a machine into slices!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Hand Carved" - would ye f*ckin get over yourselves, it's cut with a machine into slices!

Yeah but the machine is operated by someone with hands....:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Yeah but the machine is operated by someone with hands....:D

Carved is when you use a knife, sliced is when a machine does it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bob skunkhouse

People (usually women) holding up the check out counter with multiple credit/debit cards, fecking loyalty cards, tokens/collecting cards for kitchen knifes, luggage or whatever sh*te the supermarket is doing.

Not so much the debit cards, but the scratching around in the purse to get rid off all the shrapnel. Very - VERY annoying...

TA that the very same week that my Tulips start blooming- there is the storm from hell and they are getting battered.
    Even more TA that the same thing happened this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

You're 'busy' in bed and someone knocks at the front door, you have to answer it since you're waiting on a parcel to be delivered. The caller turns out to be a Jehovas witness. FFS, I got out of bed for that

They knew what you were up to ;-)

They knew what you were up to ;-)

:eek:....Is Jesus really watching me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The latest in food related TA:

emptying takeaway tikka masala onto my plate from the plastic container, theres so much that it overflows and gushes off the plate and onto my duvet, stained until the next wash. My duvet was already full of pink cough medicine stains, ketchup and BBQ sauce stains etc. Oh the perks of eating in bed :-)

I hate any kind of messy spillages, especially those fizzy drinks that go sticky once spilled.

Oh and the fact burger king don't promote their menu with actual leaflet menus like the pizza and Chinese places. The website doesn't cover the whole lot and so you're left to decide what you want on the spot and ogle the menus above the heads of the employees waiting to serve me. Theres so much choice of burgers and various meals it's overwhelming. Be nice to have a look and pick something before I head out if im going there , but it's a tiny drawback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Robsweezie wrote: »
    The latest in food related TA:

emptying takeaway tikka masala onto my plate from the plastic container, theres so much that it overflows and gushes off the plate and onto my duvet, stained until the next wash. My duvet was already full of pink cough medicine stains, ketchup and BBQ sauce stains etc. Oh the perks of eating in bed :-)

I hate any kind of messy spillages, especially those fizzy drinks that go sticky once spilled.

Oh and the fact burger king don't promote their menu with actual leaflet menus like the pizza and Chinese places. The website doesn't cover the whole lot and so you're left to decide what you want on the spot and ogle the menus above the heads of the employees waiting to serve me. Theres so much choice of burgers and various meals it's overwhelming. Be nice to have a look and pick something before I head out if im going there , but it's a tiny drawback.

Maybe try cutting down on the fast food.

My weird fecking body. A few months ago I had some tests that showed I was perimenopausal so I started HRT. Then I started getting all weepy and having mood swings so my GP told me to stop HRT for 3 weeks and have the tests done again. Fine, got the results today and my hormone levels are perfect, so not menopausal.:confused: Great news, but I'm confused.

My weird fecking body. A few months ago I had some tests that showed I was perimenopausal so I started HRT. Then I started getting all weepy and having mood swings so my GP told me to stop HRT for 3 weeks and have the tests done again. Fine, got the results today and my hormone levels are perfect, so not menopausal.:confused: Great news, but I'm confused.

So am I. So am I. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

People who complain about selfies. **** it. If people think they look good and want everyone to know it, let them. Better that than be convinced they're hideous monsters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement