Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,335 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's nothing else I need or want to bring it up to £25. There's Art Academy Atelier for £20 but I've seen it cheaper elsewhere and it'll go cheaper yet.

Just remembered the high capacity gamepad battery. I'll check that out.

But now it says the Gamecube controller adapter is £19 and the deal wasn't over.

I see there's a copy of Super Mario 3D World for Wii U(like new) on Ebay Ireland for under €31 posted if someone's interested. That's a bargain of sorts.

I could post the link but I'm not sure I'm allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it's not spamming/self promotion/shilling, then it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sligeach wrote: »
    I see there's a copy of Super Mario 3D World for Wii U(like new) on Ebay Ireland for under €31 posted if someone's interested. That's a bargain of sorts.

I could post the link but I'm not sure I'm allowed?

I'd very much appreciate that link if thats going.

• Advertisement

I'd very much appreciate that link if thats going.

I hope it was you who got it because it's now sold.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Super-Mario-3D-World-Wii-U-Used-PAL-/291626037938?hash=item43e64432b2:g:oIQAAOSwxN5WWFp2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sorry if this has been answered but did anyone check in Argos about the 3DS/Chibi Robo thing?
    Just wondering....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered but did anyone check in Argos about the 3DS/Chibi Robo thing?
    Just wondering....

I went to collect it and they changed the wording of the description. I was dealing with the manager and she walked out of the store and I was left waiting for her to come back but apparently she went on her break.
    Was told by the guy who brought out the game, that they would have to honour it but then the assistant manager basically told me to **** off.
    argos customer care are currently reviewing the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I went to collect it and they changed the wording of the description. I was dealing with the manager and she walked out of the store and I was left waiting for her to come back but apparently she went on her break.
    Was told by the guy who brought out the game, that they would have to honour it but then the assistant manager basically told me to **** off.
    argos customer care are currently reviewing the situation.

I know that they have an 'honour' system in, where whatever it says in their magazine is the price the customer pays.
    Not sure since a few mistakes have been made on the internet site that they still honour it, and probably less likely to if it's a huge difference.

Ignorant of the Manager to walk out like that ("I can't be dealing with this sh*t" attitude).

A few years ago a manager in Home store and more did that to my Aunt. When she was back in there again, the manager recognised her and asked her did she get sorted. My Aunt told the store how she neglected her duties and walked out... (in a nice way). :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just in store now and the system has been changed.
    Not interested in the game or arguing the toss with staff though.
    Ah, twas good to dream for a while!

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    I know that they have an 'honour' system in, where whatever it says in their magazine is the price the customer pays.
    Not sure since a few mistakes have been made on the internet site that they still honour it, and probably less likely to if it's a huge difference.

Ignorant of the Manager to walk out like that ("I can't be dealing with this sh*t" attitude).

A few years ago a manager in Home store and more did that to my Aunt. When she was back in there again, the manager recognised her and asked her did she get sorted. My Aunt told the store how she neglected her duties and walked out... (in a nice way). :D

As cider man said, I wasn't interested in arguing but I would expect the manager to at least finish dealing with the issue before running out of the store.
    She said 'I'll be back with the item in a minute and we can look at it.'
    I was left standing there for a good few minutes before I went up to another staff member to find out what was going on.
    I was told by him, that they would honour it but I didn't want to dob him in it.
    The whole thing was compounded by a horrible lunch in a nearby restaurant. Cold food and hot coffee (too hot), which was changed to too hot food and cold coffee.
    No in the middle with them!
    All in all, a waste of time on my one day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just in store now and the system has been changed.
    Not interested in the game or arguing the toss with staff though.
    Ah, twas good to dream for a while!

Well thanks for sharing it anyway, was always a minuscule chance we might get a bargain out of it.

I said at the time it was obviously a typo, it's €100 for a 3DS on its own, the highest price on this bundle was previously €49. There's no mention of a 3DS console in the details. I wouldn't have wasted my time, they were never going to honour it. And if you had somehow managed to get it you'd likely have got some poor employee in a spot of trouble. God may love a chancer but Argos certainly don't. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I said at the time it was obviously a typo, it's €100 for a 3DS on its own, the highest price on this bundle was previously €49. There's no mention of a 3DS console in the details. I wouldn't have wasted my time, they were never going to honour it. And if you had somehow managed to get it you'd likely have got some employee in a lot of trouble. God may love a chancer but Argos certainly don't. :p

Some of us dare to dream!

Some of us dare to dream!

I would've loved to have heard you all got it. :D
    Love hearing things like that, but hate when I miss out :o:pac:.

I was chancing my arm but I would at least have expected a sorry for our cock-up but no dice.

I said at the time it was obviously a typo, it's €100 for a 3DS on its own, the highest price on this bundle was previously €49. There's no mention of a 3DS console in the details. I wouldn't have wasted my time, they were never going to honour it. And if you had somehow managed to get it you'd likely have got some poor employee in a spot of trouble. God may love a chancer but Argos certainly don't. :p

Honestly?

You called this one?

Sure the crows in the trees knew it was an error, and the chances were always that it wasn't going to be honoured at all, but there was always a chance it would be.
    There have been situations, mainly with online orders but also with Argos items, where they have made major pricing errors and stuck to it.
    The difference here is the number in the catalogue, attached to the price is not a 3DS console bundled with the game plus amiibo, it is only the game plus amiibo, and so when the staffer comes from the store room with the item it will be one 3DS short of expectations.
    If it was a genuine mispriced bundle you could have expected it at the price advertised.

It was always a long shot, we have all acknowledged it was a long shot, so no one really needs "I told you so" or equivalent, not sure what you hope to gain with that sort of response to the matter tbh, it's certainly not appreciated, not be me at any rate.

Shovel Knight on Wii U is £14.85 plus £3 on delivery.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUSH08-shovel-knight

That's €25.50 when converted. It has all the extra DLC on the disc.

It's £14.85 on Amazon too.

I was going to get it yesterday (£14) with the Gamecube adaptor (£9.99), and the Flash deal ran out of time.. :(

I was going to buy that Gamecube controller adapter as well and a high capacity gamepad battery to bring it over £25 for free delivery but the adapter increased to £19 when I got to check-out even though the time wasn't up and they had stock left. So I left it. Shame. Some other time perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's €23.99 in Argos. Although if you've a PC then it's only a tenner on Steam.

I have the digital edition on the 3DS, I'm trying to decide if its worth buying a physical copy too, and on what format.

America is getting a far better deal. Their deal has started already and they're all available until next Wednesday.

Wii U

Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – $34.99 (was $49.99)
    Metroid Fusion – $4.79 (was $7.99)
    Don’t Starve: Giant Edition – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker – $27.99 (was $39.99)
    Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $9.99 (was $19.99)
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – $34.99 (was $49.99)
    Rayman Legends – $19.99 (was $39.99)
    Adventures of Pip – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Pushmo World – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    Kirby’s Return to Dream Land – $12.99 (was $19.99)
    Teslagrad – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Chariot – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Star Fox Command – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    Never Alone – $5.99 (was $14.99)
    SteamWorld Dig – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    Pikmin 3 – $38.99 (was $59.99)
    Art of Balance – $4.49 (was $8.99)
    Trine 2: Director’s Cut – $9.99 (was $19.99)
    The Wonderful 101 – $19.49 (was $29.99)
    Mario Golf – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    Child of Light – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Blek – $2.99 (was $5.99)
    Little Inferno – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    Mutant Mudds Deluxe – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    Scram Kitty – $4.99 (was $9.99)

Our deals in Europe start on Friday and end on Monday. And our deals are supposedly only available for a day before the next starts. America is getting as much as 50% discount while we get at most 40%.

I thought it was 25 games for America and 8 for Europe in the Wii U and 3DS sale, with the other restrictions apllied, 24 hour purchase window, shorter overall sale length, smaller discount. Turns out it's even worse for Europe.

Wii U

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures – $4.99 (was $9.99), ends 12/1
    Blocky Bot – $1.49 (was $2.99), ends 12/3
    Darksiders II – $9.99 (was $39.99), ends 12/3
    Legend of Kay Anniversary – $12.49 (was $24.99), ends 12/3
    Mighty Switch Force! – $2.99 (was $5.99), ends 12/2
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – $4.99 (was $9.99), ends 12/2
    Paper Monsters Recut – $3.99 (was $7.99), ends 12/3
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – $19.99 (was $49.99), ends 12/4
    The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition – $14.99 (was $39.99), ends 12/4
    The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure – $19.99 (was $39.99), ends 12/4

And that's not even all of the extra discounts, those are just the ones that stood out for the reporter on NintendoEverything. The 3DS game list is twice as long.

http://nintendoeverything.com/notable-sales-on-the-north-american-wii-u-and-3ds-eshops/

Darksiders II stands out there and is a game we were only talking about a week ago.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars is on Amazon for £21.49 (~€31)

Also, the Amazon Warehouse Deals for Wii U are more expensive than the main site.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Nintendo deals in EU are s**t, Sligeach.

We get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I thought it was 25 games for America and 8 for Europe in the Wii U and 3DS sale, with the other restrictions apllied, 24 hour purchase window, shorter overall sale length, smaller discount. Turns out it's even worse for Europe.

Wii U

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures – $4.99 (was $9.99), ends 12/1
    Blocky Bot – $1.49 (was $2.99), ends 12/3
    Darksiders II – $9.99 (was $39.99), ends 12/3
    Legend of Kay Anniversary – $12.49 (was $24.99), ends 12/3
    Mighty Switch Force! – $2.99 (was $5.99), ends 12/2
    Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – $4.99 (was $9.99), ends 12/2
    Paper Monsters Recut – $3.99 (was $7.99), ends 12/3
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – $19.99 (was $49.99), ends 12/4
    The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition – $14.99 (was $39.99), ends 12/4
    The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure – $19.99 (was $39.99), ends 12/4

And that's not even all of the extra discounts, those are just the ones that stood out for the reporter on NintendoEverything. The 3DS game list is twice as long.

http://nintendoeverything.com/notable-sales-on-the-north-american-wii-u-and-3ds-eshops/

Darksiders II stands out there and is a game we were only talking about a week ago.

So is Darksiders happening for us or what?

Although I think I'll root out a physical copy. I love games more when can put them on the shelf. I don't know why, but I ain't changing, no sir.

Mr E wrote: »
    The Nintendo deals in EU are s**t, Sligeach.

We get it.

There's nothing wrong with what I've wrote, it's news. Take a look at more European orientated sites like NintendoLife and you'll see a lot, and I do mean a lot of p1ssed off people. Things like this should be highlighted and we shouldn't have to accept this second class treatment.

Edit: And I should add that I've told Nintendo of Europe what I think of their "sale" too. Again, others were saying the same as me.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Although I think I'll root out a physical copy. I love games more when can put them on the shelf. I don't know why, but I ain't changing, no sir.

Who knows? Last time it was on sale on the eShop was the end of August and I think it was €15 then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »

It's £16.17 on Amazon Warehouse, but I'm sure I saw it for €14 somewhere. I'm looking again. I can't find my copy which is really strange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement