Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

JP Liz wrote: »
    Kirkwood plans to sex up Walford with some of Hollyoaks’ hottest stars.

The producer will replace current EastEnders boss Diederick Santer next year.

And we can reveal former Hollyoaks chief Bryan is planning on poaching some of the C4 soap’s sauciest stars.

Sex kittens Gemma Merna, 25, and Jennifer Metcalfe, 27, who play McQueen sisters Carmel and Mercedes, are top of his list.

Even Diederick, who will step down after four years in the post, admitted he wants to see the girls on the BBC’s flagship show.

He said: “I love them.They remind me of the Slater sisters.”

Insiders say Bryan is determined to stamp his mark on the show and feels it’s in need of an injection of young blood.

Over the last 18 months Albert Square has lost some of its hottest young stars including Kara Tointon, 26, and resident hunk Rob Kazinsky, 25.

And now Charlie Clements, 22, has quit as Bradley Branning.

“We’ve got a great mix of families on the show but it would be good to have a contingent of sexy young teens,” said a source.

FFS One hollyoaks is enough, if EE TUrns like hollyoaks I for one will stop watching :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Its rumoured in todays Inside Soap Magazine that Archie is to turn up at his own funeral.

FFS :mad: A storyline where Peggys husband turns up at his own funeral. Its Frank Butcher all over again. No wonder she's leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Epicurus wrote: »
    Its rumoured in todays Inside Soap Magazine that Archie is to turn up at his own funeral.

FFS :mad: A storyline where Peggys husband turns up at his own funeral. Its Frank Butcher all over again. No wonder she's leaving.

Oh for heavens sake. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Well if it means anything, Sharon Marshall (how reliable you consider that is up to you :rolleyes:) said yesterday on This Morning that Archie does not turn up for his own funeral and the actor was simply visiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Ronnie kidnaps baby George and Libby finds out that Darren is his daddy

Oh great its Dallas without the shower :rolleyes:

Yet another EastEnders character will fall pregnant over the coming months in the soap's latest storyline twist.

Yesterday, 21-year-old Lacey Turner - who plays Stacey Slater in the Walford soap - was spotted filming on location sporting a pregnancy bump for scenes to air in the first quarter of next year.

Bipolar-suffering Stacey, who is currently receiving treatment in a psychiatric hospital after being sectioned earlier in the year, is allowed home in a few weeks' time and is due to rekindle her romance with the love of her life Bradley Branning (Charlie Clements).

It is rumoured that their reunion ties in with Stacey's discovery that she is pregnant.

Earlier this year, Stacey had a string of liaisons with various men across London when she went AWOL as her bipolar disorder spiraled out of control. More recently, she had a one-night stand with Ryan Molloy (Neil McDermott).

A Walford source this afternoon told DS: "Stacey falls pregnant, but all's not what it seems. Will Bradley and Stacey finally have the child that they've always wanted? Could the baby be Ryan's? Or could the father be somebody else entirely?

"We all know that Bradley's leaving the show as Charlie's [Clements] moving on, but how will he leave things with Stacey? Will the pressure of impending fatherhood become too much for him? Or will he make the shock discovery that he's not the baby's father?"

They added: "Whatever the outcome, it's a rollercoaster ride between now and the 25th anniversary for all concerned."

Other Walford women who have - or are expected to - become parents include Heather Trott (Charyl Fergison), Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Womack) and Zainab Masood (Nina Wadia).

It'll probably end up being Max's child and we'll have to endure nine more months of tedium between the two.

EastEnders actor Adam Croasdell will bow out of the show in the early part of next year, Digital Spy can exclusively confirm.
    The 29-year-old - who plays resident GP Dr Al Jenkins - recently finished filming with the East-End soap and is about to embark on a charity trip to Malawi with relief and development organisation World Vision.
    Speaking of his exit, Croasdell told DS: "I have worked with and befriended a lot of fantastic actors while I have been at EastEnders. I am very grateful for my time on the show and all the support shown to me to me by the wonderful viewers who have followed my storylines and been so supportive. I see it as a chapter in my ongoing work as an actor - as I am always interested in new challenges, so I am looking forward to future projects."
    He is expected to make his screen exit in February.
    Having grown up in Walford as a child, Al first returned to the Square in May to visit his mother and soon became the local doctor. He quickly became involved with Heather Trott's (Cheryl Fergison) pregnancy plot, before going on to have a brief dalliance with Tanya Branning (Jo Joyner). Al then served as the catalyst for Stacey Slater's (Lacey Turner) sectioning as her bipolar disorder spiralled out of control.
    More recently, he has become entangled in a love triangle between Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons) and Chelsea Fox (Tiana Benjamin).
    A Walford source said: "Al's a massive support to Roxy following Archie's death at Christmas, and when he's offered a job at his father's medical practice in Cornwall, he decides to up sticks and leave the high life behind. But will he manage to convince Roxy or Chelsea to go with him? Or will he go off into the sunset alone?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Y
    Yesterday, 21-year-old Lacey Turner - who plays Stacey Slater in the Walford soap - was spotted filming on location sporting a pregnancy bump for scenes to air in the first quarter of next year.

Could it be Archie's??? We don't actually know what happened that night in the laundrette...

mandz wrote: »
    Could it be Archie's??? We don't actually know what happened that night in the laundrette...
    Ronnie is supposed to be pregnant with Owens child, so i wouldnt think EE would have two women pregnant by 2 murdered men at the same time.

OMG the body in the boot :eek::D

I actually liked Owen :( HATE LUCY DIE BITCH DIE!!!!!!! UGLY LITTLE FCUKING COW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

OMG the body in the boot :eek::D

I actually liked Owen :( HATE LUCY DIE BITCH DIE!!!!!!! UGLY LITTLE FCUKING COW.

Yea I nearly choked on my weight watchers biscuits :eek:
    Couldn't believe they just killed him off like that when he was beginning to be interesting

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Yea I nearly choked on my weight watchers biscuits :eek:
    Couldn't believe they just killed him off like that when he was beginning to be interesting

Him and his mother really grew on me. Cant wait til Denise finds out the truth. Her sister and her fella SO ANNOYING! So does the whole Owen buried under the tree thing come out?? It really seems like a side line compared to the whole the vic the mitchells things which is taking all the screen time even though at this stage I dont think too many viwers are even that interested in the mitchells. I know Im defo not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I'm sick of the Mitchells and Peggy with her "We're Mitchells, we stick together".

She says it time and time again. It's almost as old as her "Ger outta my pub".

I was really beginning to like Owen and Liz was comical. Pity they left when they were both beginning to become interesting. Typical EastEnders!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    I'm sick of the Mitchells and Peggy with her "We're Mitchells, we stick together".

She says it time and time again. It's almost as old as her "Ger outta my pub".

I was really beginning to like Owen and Liz was comical. Pity they left when they were both beginning to become interesting. Typical EastEnders!

totally disagree with every part of your comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

That's your point of view and you're welcome to it.

THERE won’t be much festive cheer in Walford this Christmas.

Scheming Archie Mitchell (Larry Lamb, 65) snogs new love interest Janine Butcher after months of plotting against the Mitchell clan.

He tricks her into joining his scheme but Janine soon realises she’s been conned.

When he is bludgeoned to death in the Queen Vic, the main suspects are Janine (Charlie Brooks, 28), his wife Peggy (Barbara Windsor, 72), Jack Branning (Scott Maslen, 38), nephew Phil (Steve McFadden, 50) and even his
    own daughter Ronnie (Sam Janus, 37).

Across the Square, Amira Shah (Preeya Kalidas, 29) and Syed Masood tie the knot but the groom’s gay affair with Christian Clarke (John Partridge, 38) is exposed.

Syed (Marc Elliott, 30) sees his world come crashing down when mum Zainab (Nina Wadia, 40) finds out the truth.

But Christmas is a happy time for old flames Ricky Butcher (Sid Owen, 37) and Bianca Jackson (Patsy Palmer, 37), who finally rekindle their romance.

What is Syd back for? Thought and hoped she had gone forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What is Syd back for? Thought and hoped she had gone forever

She's back with Bradley cos of his mam being in hospital. i'm not a big fan of her either. I want Stacey and Bradley back together :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Meller wrote: »
    Well if it means anything, Sharon Marshall (how reliable you consider that is up to you :rolleyes:) said yesterday on This Morning that Archie does not turn up for his own funeral and the actor was simply visiting.

I read something similar in a magazine, they showed pictures of archie laughing with peggy but they said don't worry, he was just visiting the set and wont be in any scenes

Thought it was quite a good episode tonight. Max looked a broken man at the end; he has lost everything. Abi was her usual annoying self; "we need to stick together": Has she been taking lessons from Peggy Mitchell. All we were missing was "Its what Brannings do"

so the ginger wingers back for good.

HE finally grew a pair I suppose. Poor Syd. Im guessing the bradley stacey thing now id goina be done to death :rolleyes: bradley and his bad jumpers and facial expressions, oh joy.

I hear sonia jackson is coming back??? Is it just me or does the sight of her make anybody else wanna gas theirself?

Looking forward to Bianca and Ricky getting back together:)

I was secretly hoping the bailiffs would take abi, yes shes not worth a lot but jeez that kid bugs me.

ahhhh yes another happy christmas creeps on in walford :D

so the ginger wingers back for good.

Not for good; he'll be gone soon; for real this time.
    I hear sonia jackson is coming back??? Is it just me or does the sight of her make anybody else wanna gas theirself?

If they bring back that nurse she was getting off with, Naomi; then i'd be tempted.
    Looking forward to Bianca and Ricky getting back together:)

Looking forward to this; they make the a lovely family; all of them.
    I was secretly hoping the bailiffs would take abi, yes shes not worth a lot but jeez that kid bugs me.

They probably wouldnt have wanted her. How is Max going to afford to keep her; I can see Abi up chimneys soon. Proving she's a proper Branning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

and like isnt tanya running her own business. wheres all that profit going to

Not for good; he'll be gone soon; for real this time.

If they bring back that nurse she was getting off with, Naomi; then i'd be tempted.

rofl na She was minging, both of them were.

Do tell, Bradleys leaving???

Well I think did Max give Bradders 40k for his bday or someting?? delighted Tanya is gone anyway.

Ive a very stupid question to ask, was it that bianca was going with whits dad then he died?? Im just unsure how they became a family?

rofl na She was minging, both of them were.

Do tell, Bradleys leaving???

Well I think did Max give Bradders 40k for his bday or someting?? delighted Tanya is gone anyway.

Ive a very stupid question to ask, was it that bianca was going with whits dad then he died?? Im just unsure how they became a family?

Yes he died in a car accident and Bianca was her step mother. I will miss Tanya, back late next year. Bradley is leaving next year as well.

I liked Syd, she was very pretty, felt for poor little Noah. Though I love Bradley & Stacey together.

angel01 wrote: »
    Yes he died in a car accident and Bianca was her step mother. I will miss Tanya, back late next year. Bradley is leaving next year as well.

I liked Syd, she was very pretty, felt for poor little Noah. Though I love Bradley & Stacey together.

ThAnx Angel! I wasnt shure really how they knew each other.

awww I felt so sorry for Syd too and little Noah. It was horrible all along, we knew Bradley was still mad about Stacey but Syd was getting so attached, you could just see it coming.

• Advertisement

and like isnt tanya running her own business. wheres all that profit going to

It wasnt her business though; it was in Max's name, so the bailiffs treated it as one of his assets. I cant understand why they raided the salon instead of taking the car Tanya went off in. There must be a good market for scissors and stuff.

Anyone else finding Archie and Janine disgusting?

Anyone else finding Archie and Janine disgusting?

Not really, they are quite well matched, since her last husband, age is no barrier for Janine!!

Though saying that, I could do without scenes like the other night with Archie's shirt opened and belt undone :eek:

angel01 wrote: »
    Though saying that, I could do without scenes like the other night with Archie's shirt opened and belt undone :eek:

Better than another scene of Ian in the hot tub :D

"Get out of my pub" she got to say it for maybe the last time :D

"Get out of my pub" she got to say it for maybe the last time :D

I was hoping Janine would say those words to Peggy when she found out on friday.

Ronnie, Phil, Roxy, Jack, Peggy, Ian and Bradley are the suspects for Archie's murder

Apparently Archie did something to Stacey maybe knocked her up

Ronnie, Phil, Roxy, Jack, Peggy, Ian and Bradley are the suspects for Archie's murder

Apparently Archie did something to Stacey maybe knocked her up

I'd say Ryan and Judith would be contenders as well. And Lucas seen as he's killing everyone else.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'd say Ryan and Judith would be contenders as well. And Lucas seen as he's killing everyone else.

Who's Judith?

foxy06 wrote: »
    Who's Judith?

Janine....Judith was when she was marrying that ancient jewish guy last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Janine....Judith was when she was marrying that ancient jewish guy last year.

One of the funniest scenes in ee. Pat was pure brilliant: "Her name's not Judith.....it's Janine! ....And she's about as Jewish......as a bacon sandwich!" :D

Yes Janine is another suspect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'll be glad when he's gone but I hope it isn't Bradley that kills him :( can't see him doing it tbh but i thought that about Darren and Heather and i was wrong!

• Advertisement

Abi Branning leaving; most pleasant soap moment this Christmas.

Another Mitchell will send shockwaves through Albert Square in the New Year when Archie's secret son makes a surprise appearance in EastEnders.

Despite not knowing his father, Danny - played by soap newcomer Liam Bergin - arrives in Walford to attend Archie's funeral and curious to see his sisters. As Ronnie (Samantha Janus) and Roxy (Rita Simons) have a blazing argument, he interrupts them, but they're dismissive of his presence.

However, when Roxy states that they've just buried their dad, Danny retorts, "I think you might have buried mine, too." The Mitchell sisters are stunned by his response as they stare at the brother they never knew existed.

Described as a "loveable rogue", Danny's a charmer with an eye for the ladies, while guys instantly see him as competition in the alpha male stakes.

Danny's father Archie (Larry Lamb) met his maker during yesterday's episode when a mystery assailant fatally struck him over the head with the Queen Vic bust. He went to his grave knowing nothing of his son's existence, as his ex-wife Glenda (Glynis Barber) fled when she discovered that she was pregnant.

Speaking of his role, Bergin said: "The first time I walked into Albert Square and saw the Queen Vic was a very special moment and I'll have that memory forever. All of my on-screen family have made me feel very welcome from the first moment that I met them and I am enjoying every minute working here."

The BBC soap's executive producer Diederick Santer commented: "Liam is a fine young actor, and a proper East Londoner, who I've been keen to bring into EastEnders for quite some time. His character Danny Mitchell is something of an enigma."

He teased: "Is he simply their kid brother, keen to get to know his exciting big sisters? Or is there something else that he's after?”

Bergin's other screen credits include Five's 2009 Minder remake, Doctors and ITV's Trinity.

He began filming earlier this month and will make his first screen appearance at the end of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I love DRUNK Phil Mitchel!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yeah he's really good at it! I also like the guy that has a crush on Whitney, he comes out with the funniest things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I love DRUNK Phil Mitchel!!!

he is hilarious alright.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement