Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

offered a job yesterday,told to think about it,was going to take it,got a phone call that he's taking someone else. it wasn't even a paid job. ffs.can things get any worse

Sounds like you're having a tough time at the moment. Hopefully things will start to improve soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Feeling even more overwhelmed by college and life in general. I do not enjoy this one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Got a place on that aware lifeskills course,it's starting next week.Hopefully it will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Got a place on that aware lifeskills course,it's starting next week.Hopefully it will be good.

Thats great news, should be good. Let us know how it goes.
    How did they get in touch with you. I havent heard anything yeh or neh ?

jammstarr wrote: »
    I do not enjoy this one bit.

Nice and simply stated. Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That's great starviewadams!

I'm feeling really scared at the minute :/ bah, I don't like things changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Thats great news, should be good. Let us know how it goes.
    How did they get in touch with you. I havent heard anything yeh or neh ?

I got a place too :) Got an email this afternoon but it went into my spam, maybe try there. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Let us know how it goes.

+ 1.

I couldn't do it at the moment schedule wise but hope it goes well for ye all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

frulewis wrote: »
    I hear what you're saying but I just couldn't take them anymore I was going between being a zombie and being really aggressive not me at all, if the dizziness continues today I will go see my doctor

Speaking from experience, come off them slowly, I tried a cold turkey a few years ago and it was not a pretty sight (massive understatement).
    How long have you been on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Cheers for all the well wishes folks!

I hadn't heard anything from them since I applied last week,but got an email out of the blue this evening saying I've got a place in the Tallaght group next Thursday,looking forward to and nervous about it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi Starviewadams,

Well done on getting the course and good luck on it. Going on a course is good for ones self-esteem, also you can make some good friends. I applied for and was successful in getting on a course(FETAC Business Course) in 2009. I was a bit anxious at first, but as the course went on, I came to enjoy it and I made some very good friends who I keep in touch with. Anyway, the course finished in 2011 and I really learned a lot on it. My wife was right, as usual that you're never too old to learn(I am 56 next week). So enjoy it.

John:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Oh good, insomnia. This usually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

banquo wrote: »

Hah, less than one hour's sleep here. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

In the same boat here >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

In the same boat here >.<
    up all night worrying, now a 12 hour shift to do

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dizzybridie

Hi guys, i've been on xanax for few yrs and used to only take them when i had an attack which werent very frequent. Lately i've been feeling low as they were increasing so doctor prescribed Lexapro this morning. Wow. The adrenalin feeling was horrible. I was anxious, shaking. In the end (5hrs later) i take xanax to bring me back down again. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

Gillo wrote: »
    Speaking from experience, come off them slowly, I tried a cold turkey a few years ago and it was not a pretty sight (massive understatement).
    How long have you been on them?

I've only been on them for a year or less I was on the 5mg till Xmas and then the 10mg since March, the doc put me on the 15mg last Thursday week and I knew by Friday they werent for me so stopped taking them went back to the doc today and she said if I want to just to stay off them as long as I don't get any major withdrawal symptoms or my mood doesn't drop again so fingers crossed!!

Cool. See how it goes and keep a close eye on your mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

in such a mood that i wanna kick 7 shades of s*** outta someone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

First night of normal sleep in a month. :)

• Advertisement

Kaching wrote: »
    in such a mood that i wanna kick 7 shades of s*** outta someone
    Being there, done that and looked mighty fine in the t-shirt!
    Not sure it'll help but I find going for a run and really pushing myself releases some if the tension.
    Nice one on the sleep nesf, hope you get a few more nights like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

I got a job :) it's temporary with the chance to be made permanent. My relative is doing ok. And this morning I took part in the Darkness into Light walk, felt fantastic after it. Now I'm wrecked... Things seem to be going well, I'm just worried it will all go belly up.

Have been feeling very anxious for a long time now. Currently on Zyprexa. Sick and tired of all the anxiety and weight gain. Gathered up the motivation to see my GP this week. Sat in the waiting room for an hour. I wanted to change from Zyprexa to what I had been on before my psychosis which was Lustral. He wouldn't prescribe them for me! :mad: FFS ! Told me I should listen to the relaxation cd my counsellor gave me and try to get out for a walk everyday. FFS I hadn't seen him in two years. I wouldn't have gone in willy-nilly looking for anti-depressants unless I really needed them. Am thinking about going back again and not taking no for an answer. Don't want to be an ass but the anxiety and panic attacks are really getting me down and I know Lustral takes it away. I feel so bad that when I hear or read of people who have died on the news I feel envious.

Turns out i got a place on those Aware Lifeskill courses too ! checked my email after you said you'd got a place - starview. Now i'm worring about going on it : hope i dont know anyone also worried re the group thing and what we have to tell other.

Mos, Wish i'd known about that 'darkness into light ' walk this morning, would have loved to do that.
    But wonder would i have actually gotten up for it? every morning i lie in bed thinking i would rather kill myself than get up?

Maybe tomo mornin i should try and do my own remembrance walk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I've been pretty ok for the past couple of weeks. Haven't had a 'bad' night for a while, which is nice. Only thing is, until I get back home, I'm having to take my Efexor every other day rather than every day now. Otherwise I'll run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

More downs than ups lately folks. Dunno whats going on in this brain. I feel like getting away from everything for a few days just by myself.
    A hotel by the sea have the image in my head with ages. Does that sound mad! Just sick of people everyone!!

It sounds brilliant Ashblag, I'd been thinking of something similiar although had thought of somewhere in the hills.
    Had a good day today, went down to Wicklow and climbed some mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bobbity

Am on 40mg seroxat for the last two years, gp added 30mg zispin in jan, I have put on nearly a stone in weight. Is this normal? Feel so sh*t, with weight gain, and want to pull myself together regarding work, family but can't seem to climb out of the quick sand I feel I'm in. I have no energy, aches and pains all over, feel like an oap! I feel like I'm only punching in my days, I seem to have no feelings emotionally, and am having a hard time connecting with my DH.

I don't know where to turn, afraid to give up meds in case I sink deeper, but am aware meds have me doped to the point of inaction. What to do? Any advice or experiences welcome. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Bobbity wrote: »
    Am on 40mg seroxat for the last two years, gp added 30mg zispin in jan, I have put on nearly a stone in weight. Is this normal? Feel so sh*t, with weight gain, and want to pull myself together regarding work, family but can't seem to climb out of the quick sand I feel I'm in. I have no energy, aches and pains all over, feel like an oap! I feel like I'm only punching in my days, I seem to have no feelings emotionally, and am having a hard time connecting with my DH.

Was on Zispin last year - when I came off it, I felt like I had come back to life. Couldn't believe how sedating it was. Plus I couldn't get off the couch and was eating all the time, so weight piled on.

Don't do ANYTHING without talking to your dr first. Go and talk to him/her. Write down what you think. Even copy what you posted and see what they say. And tell them what you think about the meds. Maybe they can come up with a better solution. For me it was changing to Cymbalta. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Bobbity

Thanks for that Neemish, thought I was going mad. Going to head back to Gp and see what she says. It's unbelievable how dead inside I feel, I don't see to be able to feel any emotion, but hopefully gp will be able to suggest something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement