Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Primary / Secondary Masters Courses - Post Q's Here Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Giggles90

chloeccc44 wrote: »
    Did any1 get word from the interview yet

Not yet, only had my interview on Monday though! It's nerve wrecking waiting for the email 🙊🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chloeccc44

Mine was this day last week. I know it says 14days but you sometimes read here a days or two...

Ya I say I checked my emails about 100 times today! Hopefully have the results by Friday..I really don't know how to feel about the interview, it's really hard to tell how it went!

We surly will have it by 2moro.. ill let you know when I get em ;)

Check your junk mail! Just checked mine and they actually sent it out yesterday! I got accepted :-)

• Advertisement

Just did. Still nothing. But well done 2 u. that's great news

• Registered Users Posts: 8 caromar

Giggles90 wrote: »
    Check your junk mail! Just checked mine and they actually sent it out yesterday! I got accepted :-)

Well done! When I got mine it was in junk mail too.

Just did. Still nothing. But well done 2 u. that's great news

Im sure youll hear soon. The waiting is awful.Definately keep checking Junk mail. Mine was in there too.To be honest they seem quite slow to release anything. I found out before xmas but have had only one email since with limited information and only provisional dates etc.It would be nice for you to find out before the weekend.

caromar wrote: »
    Im sure youll hear soon. The waiting is awful.Definately keep checking Junk mail. Mine was in there too.To be honest they seem quite slow to release anything. I found out before xmas but have had only one email since with limited information and only provisional dates etc.It would be nice for you to find out before the weekend.

Were u waiting long after the interview. I must be in the no pile because it seems to take a couple of days to get the yes. And I actually thought the interview was ok

Were u waiting long after the interview. I must be in the no pile because it seems to take a couple of days to get the yes. And I actually thought the interview was ok
    I was waiting two weeks.Offer came in on a Wednesday.

• Advertisement

I usually never check my junk mail! I'm sure ul get good news! We're you going for the primary or post primary?

I usually never check my junk mail! I'm sure ul get good news! We're you going for the primary or post primary?

got my email an hour ago.I got it!!!:) I'm post primary what about urself

Congrats! 😊😊
    I'm doing post primary aswell...so exciting!! 🙈🙊
    Where abouts will your base be?

Congrats! 😊😊
    I'm doing post primary aswell...so exciting!! 🙈🙊
    Where abouts will your base be?

Cool What are your subjects. I'm from kk so hopefully near enough

Cool What are your subjects. I'm from kk so hopefully near enough

Geog and history! What's yours?
    I'm from nenagh so I reckon il be in the Thurles group...

Geog and history! What's yours?
    I'm from nenagh so I reckon il be in the Thurles group...

Yeah a couple of kk girls were based dere. Biology and ag science..

Aww cool! Both of us might be based there! :-) do you know many people doing it?

Aww cool! Both of us might be based there! :-) do you know many people doing it?

No not1.. I know a couple of girls doing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

Yeah a couple of kk girls were based dere. Biology and ag science..

Does anyone know where groups may be? I know a girl doing it in SLigo which would be AWESOME for me, but not sure that's an area they always offer?

Congrats :D I got accepted a couple weeks back :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Hi guys, I've an interview for the primary PME coming up next week, very nervous. I'm just wondering about the questions on IT/ICT that come up, what exactly are they looking for here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 EMZ91

Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a webpage that I can find all the schools in Dublin that teach History and/or classics?

It would make my life a lot easier for finding a placement if one existed lol

Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

EMZ91 wrote: »
    Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a webpage that I can find all the schools in Dublin that teach History and/or classics?

It would make my life a lot easier for finding a placement if one existed lol

Thanks!

Outside special primary schools that run classes up to Junior Cert. you can more or less take it that all schools will be teaching History.
    If you email the SEC they will tell you what schools offered Classics to exam - I would expect that number to be much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lespetitspois

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
    If I get offered two places for PME e.g Trinity and UCC would I better off choosing the university nearer where I want to get a permenant job eventually (cork) or would it look better to have gone to a different college for my masters degree (trinity)?
    Currently a student of UCC, want to teach french.
    Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

If I get offered two places for PME e.g Trinity and UCC would I better off choosing the university nearer where I want to get a permenant job eventually (cork) or would it look better to have gone to a different college for my masters degree (trinity)?

Nobody will care where you do the PME. Just choose what is cheapest/easiest for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I suppose it might be better to keep in with the school you did your teaching practice in. So if you want to end up in Cork then hang around Cork. There might be an off chance that a principal in your TP school would pass on your name to another local principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I suppose it might be better to keep in with the school you did your teaching practice in. So if you want to end up in Cork then hang around Cork. There might be an off chance that a principal in your TP school would pass on your name to another local principal.

That's a fair point. The principals do know each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

TheBody wrote: »
    That's a fair point. The principals do know each other.

Corkonians might take offence that you rejected the hallowed grounds of UCC too (esp. for Dublin). Sorry, just enjoying racism responsibly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lespetitspois

Thanks for the replies, I had an odd feeling that might be the case..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Am1993

Hi everyone. I have been placed on the waiting list for the PME in trinity. Was wondering if anyone knows how long it will be until you find out if you've been given a spot, and what are the odds of me actually getting a spot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

hi i didnt applyh for the PME this year to start in september because their ws a good lot of stuff i needed to get in order before january. this collided with exams for me in maynooth so i thought i would wait and try to get some observation and maybe supervision/ practice in a few schools before h i applied for the PME next December, however Hibernia College are having a stand in maynooth tommorrow and was just wondering was this not very late in the year for advertising a stand to apply for PME in September. My family think im mad having a kind of nothing year next year and only getting small bits of expierence in schools. i was also going to do GAA training course for juvenile football and hurling, im thinking all this stuff might help to get in with a few schools eg be willing to do any type of extra curricular activity. anyway has any one any expeiernec of doing the PME wit Hibernia? it just sends alarm bells off that they are still looking for people at this stage of the year to do PMEs?

ps sorry for the spelling in a hurry and this wont be marked!

Advertisement