Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Season Ticket

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Got an email from the GAA saying they are trailing sending the tickets out on an app or summit for the 31st of May and i've been picked and will get a special offer if i leave feedback?
    Anyone else get it

Yeah, just check my mail and I have it aswell.

Croke Park Smartphone App Trial - May 31st 2015

ST Account:

A Chara,

I hope you're well and looking forward to yet another exciting Summer of GAA Senior Championship action.

As you know, we constantly strive to make our games even more enjoyable for those in attendance and this year we hope technology will play its part in achieving increased levels of satisfaction.

On Sunday, May 31st at the Leinster GAA Football (Dublin v Longford) & Hurling quarter finals (Dublin v Galway) an exclusive smart phone app trial will take place in Croke Park.

A select group of attendees will have messages sent directly to their iPhone or Android smart phone based on their location within the stadium and I'm delighted to let you know that you have been chosen as one of the potential participants!

If you are planning on going to this match, this is a chance to be part of an innovative initiative and we will also provide you with a SPECIAL OFFER on the day to thank you for your feedback.

If you would like to be part of this exclusive trial, follow these two simple steps;

1 - Reply to this email confirming your interest to participate

2 - Await a further email from us later this week with a downloadable link to the test app

Please note that we will be in contact later this week regarding the "Bring a Friend" option along with the full ticketing arrangements for the above fixtures

Kind Regards,

GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

celticbest wrote: »
    Yeah, just check my mail and I have it aswell.

Croke Park Smartphone App Trial - May 31st 2015

This must be what they were on about earlier in the year. Upgrading wifi in all match venues to connect scanners to Croke Park. Journos and togs would be able to connect to it as well.

You might keep us updated on how it works Celticbest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yeah I got it as well.

I opted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Croke Park were trialing new self scanning scanners in Mc Hale Park during the league. Worked OK as far as we could make out. Only a handful of people had trouble with one scanner but was sorted after a few days. (Think it was a problem with the scanner itself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95554206&postcount=202

Haven't received the further email yet which was due late last week, has anyone received it yet?
    2 - Await a further email from us later this week with a downloadable link to the test app

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

IN SECTION 307 for dub vs galway, dub vs longford this sunday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95554206&postcount=202

Haven't received the further email yet which was due late last week, has anyone received it yet?

Received my Link for the new APP last night, here's a few screenshots,

1_zpsucasppzq.png Login screen.

5_zpstgm2hrzk.png

4_zpsdhmgtfvf.png

3_zpsvrt3kqh3.png Seems to be a Fourm

The mail asks that you keep Bluetooth on while in Croke Park so they must be planning on doing something interactive.

Received my Link for the new APP last night, here's a few screenshots,

1_zpsucasppzq.png Login screen.

5_zpstgm2hrzk.png

4_zpsdhmgtfvf.png

3_zpsvrt3kqh3.png Seems to be a Fourm

The mail asks that you keep Bluetooth on while in Croke Park so they must be planning on doing something interactive.

Tayto CHRISPS! priceless!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Got an email today from the Season Ticket Email account, offering Premium Tickets to The Script for €85.

Interesting.

• Advertisement

mayo.mick wrote: »
    This must be what they were on about earlier in the year. Upgrading wifi in all match venues to connect scanners to Croke Park. Journos and togs would be able to connect to it as well.

You might keep us updated on how it works Celticbest?

Had my Bluetooth on as requested but the App didn't do a thing on Sunday....

Did it work/do anything for anyone?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Got an email today from the Season Ticket Email account, offering Premium Tickets to The Script for €85.

Interesting.

Got that mail last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Had my Bluetooth on as requested but the App didn't do a thing on Sunday....

Did it work/do anything for anyone?

Got a message as I was leaving thanking me for my attendance !

Any link to the app?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Is this another kick for ST holders.
    We got our email this morning, even though stand tickets are on general sale and clubs are getting them:
    " Season ticketholders will be seated in the Unreserved Sideline Seating for this fixture."

From their site they state below.
    http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/where-will-i-be-seated/
    You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches

Are they just tryin to get rid of the ST's by pi55ing people off?

yop wrote: »
    We got our email this morning, even though stand tickets are on general sale and clubs are getting them:
    " Season ticketholders will be seated in the Unreserved Sideline Seating for this fixture."

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/where-will-i-be-seated/
    You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches

I got a Bring a Friend ticket for a mate so we're in 302.

• Advertisement

I got a Bring a Friend ticket for a mate so we're in 302.

I think the two of you are talking about different venues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

yop wrote:

The definition of 'stand' can be any tiered seating. Doesn't have to be covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've a terrace ticket for the final in Roscommon, and I'm going with season ticket holders, I take it I'll be separated from them so? Any way around this at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've a terrace ticket for the final in Roscommon, and I'm going with season ticket holders, I take it I'll be separated from them so? Any way around this at all?

I don't have a season ticket but an interesting article in the Roscommon Herald regarding the Connacht final. The capacity of the stand is 3600, much less than the amount of season ticket holders . Season ticket holders are only entitled to general admission according to Michael Fahy of Roscommon GAA. According to him "I don't know where the myth that people are entitled to stand tickets comes from" (or words to that effect).
    Like I said, I don't have a ST but I also fell for this 'myth'..... strange set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't have a season ticket but an interesting article in the Roscommon Herald regarding the Connacht final. The capacity of the stand is 3600, much less than the amount of season ticket holders . Season ticket holders are only entitled to general admission according to Michael Fahy of Roscommon GAA. According to him "I don't know where the myth that people are entitled to stand tickets comes from" (or words to that effect).
    Like I said, I don't have a ST but I also fell for this 'myth'..... strange set up.

Yeah I read about that, heard they were being put in sideline seating. Might have to try and swap for a sideline ticket if that's the case. Still in shock at the venue though, there are more attractive bogs in the province than hyde park.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Aren't ST holders automatically charged a stand price for this? They can't exactly say they're only entitled to general admission if they charge them €30 for a ticket.

It's simply not cost effective anymore to invest in a season ticket unless you support a county that has a genuine chance at an All Ireland final appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

We're being charged €25 and not €30 which is the price of the stand tickets. Terrace is €20. While I'd much rather be in the stand or at least have the option of a first come, first served use of the stand if there isn't sufficient seats, I think we all need to get over it!

yop wrote: »

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    I think the two of you are talking about different venues.

Seems that way. Wasn't even thinking about Connacht. Unsurprising for a Dub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i dont think its a problem with the season ticket side of things , the problem is common sense should have prevailed and the game should have probably played in castlebar , which is the biggest venue and closest to both counties

monaghan will have home advantage against donegal in the ulster final

dublin will have home advantage against westmeath in the leinster final

kerry had home advantage in the munster final and will have the replay again saturday week

tipperary will have home advantage sunday against waterford in the munster hurling final

most of these venues were selected either as designated provincial venues , or as the case in munster the best venues available and to the advantage of both sets of supporters , in fairness castlebar would have ticked the same box's , as far as i am aware was'nt the hyde closed i recent months?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

We have a post up on our site now with all the match info for Sunday.
    http://mayoclub51.com/drive-for-five-in-the-hyde/
    Important information for season ticket holders. Make sure to check your payment card account details are up to date or your season ticket card will not scan on Sunday.

Bring the colour - Bring the noise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

We have a post up on our site now with all the match info for Sunday.
    http://mayoclub51.com/drive-for-five-in-the-hyde/
    Important information for season ticket holders. Make sure to check your payment card account details are up to date or your season ticket card will not scan on Sunday.

Bring the colour - Bring the noise!

Lovely write up there, and thank you for the reminder to bring toilet paper ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Seems that way. Wasn't even thinking about Connacht. Unsurprising for a Dub.

Generalise much?

Stoner wrote: »
    Generalise much?

McBain-Standup-Meme.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I missed one of Limerick's 10 games, and all in all I don't think I'll be renewing this as the value just isn't there. Given that tickets for league games are sold so cheap online I actually made a loss compared to had I just bought all tickets online. I'd only buy it again if I feel Limerick have a high chance of making an All-Ireland final, and right now I don't see that happening in 2016.

Hurling tickets should be €5 or €10 cheaper as all football counties will get at least one extra league game. (Sure division 3B teams will only get either 3 or 4 games in the league), and to reiterate the point, selling league tickets cheaper online really does screw the season ticket holder.

It's an excellent idea but they could do better with it.

I missed one of Limerick's 10 games, and all in all I don't think I'll be renewing this as the value just isn't there. Given that tickets for league games are sold so cheap online I actually made a loss compared to had I just bought all tickets online. I'd only buy it again if I feel Limerick have a high chance of making an All-Ireland final, and right now I don't see that happening in 2016.

Hurling tickets should be €5 or €10 cheaper as all football counties will get at least one extra league game. (Sure division 3B teams will only get either 3 or 4 games in the league), and to reiterate the point, selling league tickets cheaper online really does screw the season ticket holder.

It's an excellent idea but they could do better with it.

It was an excellent idea.

The only thing that keeps me getting it every year is the guaranteed AIF tickets (when we get there). No reason as a Dub to stop getting one as the years roll on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

They just don't like them IMO. They'd rather we all went away.

They talk about you should get the tickets from your club, they miss the extra AI tickets for handing out to business baddies (who obviously can't get them from clubs as they don't get involved )

As a season ticket holder Im less likely to miss a game. How the lads can't see that is beyond me. You might get your tickets online next year But you might miss more than one game too.

You can't get anymore Dublin season tickets. That means they don't like them IMO.
    They have been good value for me as our footballers won the league three years in a row and have progressed well in the championship. They are great value if you progress in the league as all league games are free.

That said if I was from Limerick I'd think exactly like you .
    It shouldn't be a lotto only working if your team does well.
    It should be a ticket that rewards regular attendance like yours.

As it stands its a gamble, it's nearly an insurance plan, something you pay extra for to guarantee you access to pay full price for a ticket if your team gets through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone at the Connacht Final updated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

statto25 wrote: »
    Anyone at the Connacht Final updated yet?
    Mine hasn't yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yeah my attendance does not appear to have been updated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

not updated here either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Actually says I did not attend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Probably won't renew next season. As mentioned the value isn't there and as league games can be pre bought for €10 the value is even less in getting a season ticket.

Connaught final attendance updated

Mine has just been updated this morning.

• Advertisement

My friends has not updated
    He contacted them and he was told it will not be as there was no issues with scanners !
    What does he do now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

km79 wrote: »
    My friends has not updated
    He contacted them and he was told it will not be as there was no issues with scanners !
    What does he do now ?

Take it on the chin. The GAA don't believe he was there. I make a point of, at some point in the match, taking a photo of my ticket, season ticket + scoreboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Mick do u no if the cairde season ticket has the option of bring a friend to q final?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Beware of the Bring a Friend option, particularly for games in Croke Park.

Instead of having your nice half way line seat, the request for an extra ticket for the friend could have you moved down to the corner flag!

Beware of the Bring a Friend option, particularly for games in Croke Park.

Instead of having your nice half way line seat, the request for an extra ticket for the friend could have you moved down to the corner flag!

I was in 302 as a result of BaF for the Leinster Final.

eastmayo wrote: »
    Mick do u no if the cairde season ticket has the option of bring a friend to q final?

I'm not too sure about the Cairde ticket EastMayo. Maybe they have added it this year as Croke PArk have taken them over. I've the Croke Park season ticket since they came out in 2009. Could always "bring a friend" As someone pointed out, in the last year or 2 if you bring a friend on your ticket, you get moved to the corner in Croke Park, 301/302, upper tier for Dublin season ticket holders I think. Another thing a lot of people don't know or realise, you can set up seating groups for season tickets. I set my 10 up every year, we are (nearly) always in 304/305/306 in Croke Park.

• Advertisement

I'm not too sure about the Cairde ticket EastMayo. Maybe they have added it this year as Croke PArk have taken them over. I've the Croke Park season ticket since they came out in 2009. Could always "bring a friend" As someone pointed out, in the last year or 2 if you bring a friend on your ticket, you get moved to the corner in Croke Park, 301/302, upper tier for Dublin season ticket holders I think. Another thing a lot of people don't know or realise, you can set up seating groups for season tickets. I set my 10 up every year, we are (nearly) always in 304/305/306 in Croke Park.

I was lower tier for the Leinster final.

If you know Croker well enough you should have an idea how low down some seats (A, B,C, D, E, F...) are so what I do with BaF is book the tickets and cancel and book and cancel and book and cancel and that moves you progressively higher. :)

Take it on the chin. The GAA don't believe he was there. I make a point of, at some point in the match, taking a photo of my ticket, season ticket + scoreboard.

he finally got his attendance updated today after many many emails and calls
    they found a scanner that had been "lost"......

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

km79 wrote: »
    he finally got his attendance updated today after many many emails and calls
    they found a scanner that had been "lost"......

Unfortunately there seem to be difficulties logging attendances from time to time. I dont know why, perhaps it is a software glitch or maybe a manual inputting issue at the office.

Either way, it does raise temperature levels among supporters.

ST tickets just landed. 306RR. That'll do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ST tickets just landed. 306RR. That'll do. :)

Lucky you. Y in 304 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement