Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It just keeps getting better - Da Indo mightn't be up on their trophies but the 2 on the right look like the 6 Nations and triple Crown as good as we are I don't think we can lay claim to them :D

57302ba9691c9c02b5994f3d704714fb.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jesus, fair play Docta, I coulda sworn the one on the far right was the Wimbledon Ladies trophy. We may as well target that one next so. ! :D

Who wants to come up with a caption for this great pic that Paul Flynn tweeted?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ4tDuaWoAQD--h.jpg:large

Winner gets a free life time supply of silver polish. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Who wants to come up with a caption for this great pic that Paul Flynn tweeted?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ4tDuaWoAQD--h.jpg:large

Winner gets a free life time supply of silver polish. :D

Go fcuk yourself d1ckhead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Someone enjoying de celebrations a bit too much there

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Go fcuk yourself d1ckhead?

Eh....that's your entry in the photo competition, right? :o

Eh....that's your entry in the photo competition, right? :o

hands up a very drunk back from watching the rugby post

The trick is to stay away from shots at the end of the night, no matter how tempting they may be, or how sweetly they are calling your name. They make ya...oh ok then... me... belligerent as fcuk. :o

Jeez, after winning Sam 3 times in 5 years, you'd think you have this all figured by now ! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Lads, do any of ye know much about St. Pat's Donabate? Any well known players on their team? My club are due to play them in the Leinster IFC on Saturday.
    Also, what's their pitch like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Lads, do any of ye know much about St. Pat's Donabate? Any well known players on their team? My club are due to play them in the Leinster IFC on Saturday.
    Also, what's their pitch like?

Decent team. Finished midtable in Division 2 after been relegated from 1 last year. They went from Division 4 to 1 in consecutive seasons before dropping back to 2. Neil Collins would be their best player. He played for Dublin in OByrne Cup this year. They are missing Dinny Corcoran who is playing soccer with Sligo Rovers this season. Here is their squad from last year

http://www.grassrootsgaa.ie/team/2/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

They had a fanatic run moving up so many divisions in such a short time period. Understandably they found division one tough going.

They were on Celebrity Bainisteoir a while back with PJ Gallagher, you could google it and look at the pitch.

So how are you guys looking ? who's showing up well in training, anyone carrying any knocks??? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Can't remember if there ever was a time when a Meath team were 1/8 favourites against a Dublin side.

Will they be senior next season? I know they lost to Vincent's second team in the Intermediate final but don't know how it works in Dublin if a second team can't be promoted.

Can't remember if there ever was a time when a Meath team were 1/8 favourites against a Dublin side.

Will they be senior next season? I know they lost to Vincent's second team in the Intermediate final but don't know how it works in Dublin if a second team can't be promoted.

Howya Hammer .. no they won't get promoted nor will there be a relegation play off from Senior (Vins won't be promoted either).

Pats imo have been very skittish in the championship over the last few years .. I don't think favoritism sat easy on their shoulders. I saw them the week before last up in Garristown in the semi against Craobh Chiarain and while they won it in reasonable comfort - they certainly didn't pull up too many trees - there was a comment about Dinny Corcoran not playing this year - he played in Garristown scoring a penalty.

Kevin O'Brien da wickla man took over last year so there's plenty of experience around the line - the Collins' have both got a bit about them and Lynders is a strong runner - tho he's only back from injury so not sure whether his tank is full. The 2 boys in midfield Styles and can't remember the other lad are capable without being classic midfielders.

Vins by all accounts won fairly handy last Sunday, Pats were never at the races or as I've said got very skittish ahead of the final .. some of the Vincents lads would've won a Junior A title last year so they'd have that bit of experience.

They've a grand set up in Donabate...you wouldn't believe there was a pitch on the drive up to it .... last time I was there they'd 2 pitches and were getting floodlights in. we played on the pitch to the right of the clubhouse and it was bonehard .. all in all they've been a shining light for football in North Dublin ... I just get the impression that they're gonna be saddled with the nearly man tag when it comes to championship .. well 2nd place as Fingallians have the nearly man tag wrapped up ;) Fingallians play in the B Final against Ballyboughal this weekend so maybe they can atone for some of the heartbreak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DoctaDee wrote: »
    It just keeps getting better - Da Indo mightn't be up on their trophies but the 2 on the right look like the 6 Nations and triple Crown as good as we are I don't think we can lay claim to them :D

57302ba9691c9c02b5994f3d704714fb.png

Why is the triple crown there... We got beaten by Wales this year and England last year... been a while since our last one.

Though I could go a lifetime without winning another one if we won the 6N again next year the same way as the last 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭eire4

Why is the triple crown there... We got beaten by Wales this year and England last year... been a while since our last one.

Though I could go a lifetime without winning another one if we won the 6N again next year the same way as the last 2.

Agree with you about the 6N title. During the 2000's from 2004-07 we won 3 out of 4 triple crowns but not one 6N title.

Is the Triple Crown trophy not handed out every year, to whoever of Ireland, England, Scotland & Wales does best? Even if all three countries have one loss & are equal on win/loss points, the team with the best scoring differential goes to the top of the ranking. That was us two years running, so we got the silverware.

Is the Triple Crown trophy not handed out every year, to whoever of Ireland, England, Scotland & Wales does best? Even if all three countries have one loss & are equal on win/loss points, the team with the best scoring differential goes to the top of the ranking. That was us two years running, so we got the silverware.

It never was before as the only reason for it being the Triple Crown is the fact that there are 3 matches to play and to win to win it.

We haven't won it since 2009. Very weird to say he least.

Well isn't this fine and dandy .. I take me eye off yiz for a second and you've all become Ivors with yer collar turned up on yer Fred Perry Polo .. good jaysis :pac:

Well isn't this fine and dandy .. I take me eye off yiz for a second and you've all become Ivors with yer collar turned up on yer Fred Perry Polo .. good jaysis :pac:

Until 8PM tonight when the draw for the championship is made.

Until 8PM tonight when the draw for the championship is made.

Indeed here's hoping for a proper away draw

• Advertisement

Indeed here's hoping for a proper away draw

Sure we never travel.

Off to the Flowing Tide tonight as it stands.

Sure we never travel.

Off to the Flowing Tide tonight as it stands.

Thats an away game for you ... other side of the river

Oi you !

You can save the bans and warnings for the other rugger buggers & posers messers on here.

I thought the big, roundy yoke was the Wimbledon Ladies singles trophy. :o

#TeachersPet

#GoodyTwoShoes

#NaNaNaNaNa...

:D:p:D:p:D:p

Christ, horrible draw for the hurlers.

Wexford in the Leinster quarter final and if we get past them, it's...yep, you guessed it...Killkenny in the semi final.

Might be better taking our chances in the qualifiers. But Tipp are playing Cork in the first round in Munster, so one of them will be waiting in the long grass, if we go down that road. Cripes ! :(

No its only given out when you beat the other 3 nations from the original four nation comp. We may have been the last to win it though I'm not sure so we might just still have it. Anyway bit OT, any move on the football draw yet?

Footballers Leinster draw:

Quarter final is against the winner of Laois v Wicklow

Semifinal is against the winner of Louth/Carlow v Meath

Longford, Offaly, Westmeath, Wexford and Kildare are all on the other side of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Good draw. Dublin will have what could be 2 decent games if they progress before a Leinster final.

I think Meath will be better next year than for the last few years if they can keep players injury free. Kildare should progress through the other side with only Westmeath causing them any problems.

Yep....Laois, Meath and either Kildare or Westmeath should provide stiffer opposition than we faced this year. I expect a big improvement from Kildare next year, with Cian O'Neill at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Kildare or westmeath might improve next year but meath won't. Kevin reilly and bray retired and menton not playing next year. We'll be beaten by 20 if we get over louth.

• Advertisement

Ah forget the draw - 2016 AI Final Dublin v Tyrone ;)

Oi you !

You can save the bans and warnings for the other rugger buggers & posers messers on here.

I thought the big, roundy yoke was the Wimbledon Ladies singles trophy. :o

#TeachersPet

#GoodyTwoShoes

#NaNaNaNaNa...

:D:p:D:p:D:p

Ha ... this was a poor year stats wise for me as a mod :D ... dunno whether we have an unspoken rule or not but we tend not to get involved moderating where there's a conflict of interest i.e anything to do with your home county - Dublin from my perspective .. every bleedin contentious thread here bar Tiernan McCann tended to involve Dublin in some respect .. I didn't get to pull the trigger !

Expect some poor poster to feel the wrath of a month ban before the years out .. .. youse have been warned !! lol

Well good luck to you getting pissed off enough for that. I've been wandering around with this big, stupid, goofy grin on my face, since 5.04pm, on the 20th of September. If you need someone to call your sainted mother/wife/significant other " a big fat skanky ho, " just give me a shout. :P

salmocab wrote: »
    No its only given out when you beat the other 3 nations from the original four nation comp. We may have been the last to win it though I'm not sure so we might just still have it. Anyway bit OT, any move on the football draw yet?

England won it in 2014

I knew I wouldn't get around to see the SFC yesterday so consoled meself taking in 2 IFC games on Saturday. Dropped up to Donabate to see Pats against Ratoath in the Leinster club. The writing was on the wall beforehand with the Meath lads an astonishing 1/8 to win. Ratoath were young, mobile and extremely fit and for other than an encouraging opening from Pats were put to the sword for the rest of the game .. worryingly for a team plying its trade in senior league they couldn't cope with the movement of the Meath boys with Bryan McMahon standing out for the Ratoath ... also worth bearing in mind that neither Joey or Eamon Wallace lined out for Ratoath. By the end Pats had lost all discipline and the game was a dud - a bloody tenner it cost me for the privilige as a neutral - scandalous pricing by DCB if you ask me, good luck to Ratoath in the semis.

Skipped up to Garristown for the IFC B Final between Fingallians and Ballyboughal (fiver in :D) ..Fins had put 8 points on boughal on the Wednesday in a league game which was anything but a dress rehearsal for what was to come. Hard to know whether this meant the same to both teams, Fins having contested 3 IFC finals in a row and come up short now playing a B Final, together with the 8 points beating of boughal 3 days previous - they were outplayed for long periods by Ballyboughal - you never truly go to a game as a neutral and I was right behind the boughal lads. They led for most of the game and panicked right when the finishing line was in sight losing by a point right at the end.

Flynner was largely annonymous, I really don't think he's right. Seems to have problems opening himself out for hook kicks and lacking a bit of power in the kicks also .. the outside of the boot kicks are grand .. I could be wrong but it looks like a groin problem. If you were asked who the standout player on show and 4 time all star was - you would've been pointing at Gerry Seaver former minor and U21 Dub player. I have to say it was one of the finest club performances I've seen from a chap since Connolly in the club final. Everything good about Ballyboughal was present in Seaver ... think he scored 1-6 or so but that was only part of the story. If Jim Gavin is looking to introduce lads to some IC experience in OBC or early league games he could do worse than give Seaver a call.

That's interesting about Flynner playing. I wudda thought Dublin management would have told him to spend the next 6 months, sitting on his couch, wrapped in cotton wool. With apologies to my Swords cousins, it's what I would tell him to do. It's a weird one all right. In the 2 Mayo semi's, he kicked some absolutely gorgeous long balls into Berno and Paddy Andrews and, he didn't look a bit bothered doing so. And he kicked a couple of beauts in the final.

I think his decision making is what took the hardest hit this year & that only compounded the problem with the groin, as he was forcing things too much. Hopefully, his decent showing in the final & a nice, long rest over the winter, will give him the boost he needs to come back as good as new next year. With those niggley groin injuries, you can never be too careful imo.

• Advertisement

Yeah PD agreed rest, rest and more rest, as I said I'm only guessing that the groin is the root of the problem... he left a few balls short into the goalie, the one thing about him score or miss he used to put the laces thru the ball.

Meant to say - it was nice to see Na Fianna come thru in the SFC. It's quite possible that all the hard work and success put in at underage (particularly Minor level) is about to bear fruit for them. I think Vincents will be too strong this year but the Glasnevin brethern will be raising their glasses of pinot noir soon enough I feel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mactheknife19

Does anyone know if there is a new jersey due out before Xmas. Bought my daughter the 5-6 jersey online but when I looked at it it looked very small. Brought it back to Lifestyle looking to change to a 6-7 but they had no of any size in stock so got a refund. Same with Elverys, no stock, and are expecting something in a few weeks. Online it looks like the best I can get is 7-8 of the current jersey. Thought I would have heard something about a new kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Should be another year of this seasons jersey to go...3 year turn around on them as far as i know

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Should be another year of this seasons jersey to go...3 year turn around on them as far as i know

Yup. 2017 will be our next shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bit of an aul upset today!!! Fair play to Boden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

'Boden? thought they were more a hurling club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    'Boden? thought they were more a hurling club?

Dual Club.

Didn't ballyboden win both the football and hurling championships in the same year a few years back?

Yeah, I think they did the double back in 2009.

Vincents were surprisingly bad today. No bite, no intensity. The scoreline doesn't do Boden justice. It would have been a much bigger win, but for some handy Vins frees keeping the scoreline respectable. The 2-3 hard fought games that Boden had in the run up to the final, really stood them in good stead. They came out of the traps really up for it. Getting an early scare against Plunketts did them a favour & they learned a valuable lesson from it. Dermo was very quiet all day. He'll be very disappointed, but it's good that he can get a nice, long rest now. He's been on the go for a long time now, without a break. It will be good to see some of the other Vincents lads get a look in during next years league & O'Byrne Cup. T'wud be deadly to see Brian Mullins young fellah in the Dubs jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    Brian Mullins young fellah in the Dubs jersey.

Did he not play for Donegal under 21 ? Or was that BS.

Also ProudDub it's SOPER

The Eoghan Ruadh haven't gone away you know!!

Yeah, he did. Now that he is back playing with a Dublin club, I presume he is eligible for inter county duty with us again? Not sure how that all works.

They'll always be Plunkets to me. SOPER looks too much like SOBER on the scoreboard. Can't be havin' that now. :P

Speaking of scoreboards, I really wish the DCB would use some of that AIG money to put batteries in the scoreboard clock in PP. Ridiculous that we don't have a functioning game clock in our county ground. :rolleyes:

Yeah, he did. Now that he is back playing with a Dublin club, I presume he is eligible for inter county duty with us again? Not sure how that all works.

They'll always be Plunkets to me. SOPER looks too much like SOBER on the scoreboard. Can't be havin' that now. :P

Speaking of scoreboards, I really wish the DCB would use some of that AIG money to put batteries in the scoreboard clock in PP. Ridiculous that we don't have a functioning game clock in our county ground. :rolleyes:

You saying Croker isn't our home ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Would anyone know when was the last time the Dublin Championship final (football) was played in Croke Park?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

careca wrote: »
    Would anyone know when was the last time the Dublin Championship final (football) was played in Croke Park?

Thanks

I think it was '93 Eirns Isle V kilmacud Crokes. Parnell Park was being improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Clock works in Parnell. Was fitted for the ladies AI Semi Final. It is linked to a hooter as per the rules of Ladies GAA. This is why it isn't used.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement