Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Yeah they weren't a big deal for me, saw JVM at Longitude, not interested in Hozier or BBC, and 1975 sound like One Direction bought guitars but didnt learn how to play them. Rustie was the big guy in that announcement for me, been waiting three years to see him!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

The possibility that the addition of hype acts to the lineup has shifted a large number of tickets is not massively encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The possibility that the addition of hype acts to the lineup has shifted a large number of tickets is not massively encouraging.

Well the fact that the Sunday tickets sold out despite noone knowing who is actually playing is probably equally telling.
    EP is the only large scale camping festival in Ireland now, the end of Oxegen has been the biggest boost its ever gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fair play to them for selling it out, surprised it was this early. Its not the greatest lineup and certainly not near the best ones they've had but impressive selling none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there was no oxegen in 2012 though and EP didn't sell out. it was actually the lowest selling EP ever as far as i know, 23,000.

2 years of €150 tickets, 2 years sold out, the first since 2008.....

if tickets were €240 from the start, i doubt it would sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

there was no oxegen in 2012 though and EP didn't sell out.

2 years of €150 tickets, 2 years sold out, the first since 2008.....

if tickets were €240 from the start, i doubt it would sell out.

It was a bargain at 155 with the prospect of some more serious acts being added. It's debateable whether or not it's worth 230 now but the hype train seems to have taken finances out of the equation.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Well the fact that the Sunday tickets sold out despite noone knowing who is actually playing is probably equally telling.
    EP is the only large scale camping festival in Ireland now, the end of Oxegen has been the biggest boost its ever gotten.

I think music festivals are picking up pace as the "thing to do" in the summer regardless of whether you follow music or not. I'd be confident in saying that 2004-2009 festivals were dominated by a slightly older crowd who were a lot more into the specific acts. Around 2010 I would argue the idea of young people picking up tickets post LC for Oxegen started to pick up, and it's gotten to the point where people in the 18-22 age bracket will blindly buy with no regard for the lineup purely for the campsite banter - not that I have a problem with it but if EP is selling out this quickly and it turns out it's absolutely jammers it won't be ideal by any means.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I have a feeling this years picnic will have the youngest crowd yet - whether trouble comes with that remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Out of curiosity, do EP have anything like the lock ups provided at Glastonbury or is it a case of keep all your valuables on you at all times?
    It was well handy being able to keep money and keys and stuff in the lock ups and go and withdraw money on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do EP have anything like the lock ups provided at Glastonbury or is it a case of keep all your valuables on you at all times?
    It was well handy being able to keep money and keys and stuff in the lock ups and go and withdraw money on a daily basis.

Yep there is lock ups and atms at EP for as long as I remember.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yep there is lock ups and atms at EP for as long as I remember.

Oh thats good news. Haven't much mention of them. Is it the same kind of set up as Glasto?

• Advertisement

Oh thats good news. Haven't much mention of them. Is it the same kind of set up as Glasto?

I think they have them in the Hendrix campsite, a large articulated container area with lockers in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

The lockups at EP are not free like the Glasto ones. Think they cost 15 quid for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

The madness has begun, offers of over 300 on adverts and people asking for 310 on done deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

I have an extra 2 that I'll be selling to my friends, already seen them panicking and wondering if anyone has any for sale for less than 250.. Lucky for them I thought ahead :pac: even it didn't sell out they'd have been handy to sell I reckon at the 150 tag

Toast wrote: »
    The lockups at EP are not free like the Glasto ones. Think they cost 15 quid for the weekend.

I didn't know they were free at Glasto, another alternative is to bring a knapsack with you to carry valuables in when you go into the main arena, thats what I use anyway.

What's the story with the lock ups anyway, never bothered with them but is it just a key? Seems dodgey enough cos if ya just lose that you're screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

?

theyve been there since it was first put on..

You really shouldn't have any valuables beyond your phone, wallet and keys - all of which will fit in your pockets. What I did was get my favourite shorts and take them into zipyard to put zips on the pockets - you'll never lose anything again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

you'll never lose anything again.

Except for the pint of blood from your bleeding fingers when you constantly rip them off the zips shoving your wallet back into your pocket all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I didn't know they were free at Glasto, another alternative is to bring a knapsack with you to carry valuables in when you go into the main arena, thats what I use anyway.

They are free at Glastonbury because Michael Eavis pays some charities (Friends of the Earth and CND) to run them.

• Advertisement

garrkell wrote: »
    ?

theyve been there since it was first put on..

If you read the original question, I'd said I've never been before so didn't know if they had them or not. They don't really get mentioned on this thread, thats why I asked.

€15 is fairly steep! Jaysis. :eek: S'pose after being spoiled at Glasto and having the use of them for free. Was really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

What the feck is up with the tickets on sale on Adverts. People put em up for €180 and within 20 mins loads of people are bidding up to €280 its madness.
    Like this is within less than a day of them selling out, why didnt these people buy the tickets yesterday?

TheStook wrote: »
    What the feck is up with the tickets on sale on Adverts. People put em up for €180 and within 20 mins loads of people are bidding up to €280 its madness.
    Like this is within less than a day of them selling out, why didnt these people buy the tickets yesterday?

Payday today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Payday today.

I suppose. Im so glad I learned from last year and bought it for €150 as soon as they came out. Its so easy to just wait and forget about it which a few of my friends have done and will no doubt be bidding ridiculous amounts on adverts/donedeal over the next month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Festihuts are sold out.

TheStook wrote: »

People wanting what they can't have mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Festihuts are sold out.

I thought they were sold out for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

People wanting what they can't have mentality.

Same as last year. The amount of people I knew that really really wanted to go as soon as it sold out was ridiculous. It'll be the same people that didn't heed the warning this year that'll want to really really go this year but can't get a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I thought they were sold out for ages

I spotted it earlier in the week and hadn't seen it mentioned so just said I'd add it for people that may have bought tickets in the last few days.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Same as last year. The amount of people I knew that really really wanted to go as soon as it sold out was ridiculous. It'll be the same people that didn't heed the warning this year that'll want to really really go this year but can't get a ticket.

It's very annoying. This one person on my Facebook did it last year. This year for Longitude she put up a status saying "anyone have a ticket, DESPERATELY wanna go to longitude!!!!"
    It was then pointed out that, at the time, the tickets were still available on ticketmaster..her story then went "awh I can't go I have to babysit dammit"

F*ckingg halfwit gobsh*te. If she wasn't good looking she'd be screwed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement