Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 General Discussion!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I am rather tempted to delete some random post of mine in here and take it, but I'm just not bothered :P
    Why delete your own? Delete his :p

Gerry was a Race Car Driver should be shot. The bass... not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nockz wrote: »
    Why delete your own? Delete his :p

Jerry was a Race Car Driver should be shot. The bass... not fun.

Second. How the hell is that not an impossible level bass song.

Also they have the RB3 strat for the 360 in Game in the Ilac.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ha just as I'm getting back into RB drumming I go and get my finger broken in a game of football! Typical!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Where can you get the cymbals for the rock band drum kit in Ireland??

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

On the internet. Only there I'm afraid :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm just sorting out my Rock Band Library.

I found a cheap copy of RB1 in Xtravision and still had the transfer license from my previous xbox (RIP). Export worked fine.

Then I looked up how to export from RB2 into RB3. I don't mind paying for the transfer license, but why the hell do I have to download a track pack? I still have my RB2 disk. Seems like a needlessly redundant process to download all the tracks again (1.8gb) when I have RB2 installed on my hard drive....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm just sorting out my Rock Band Library.

I found a cheap copy of RB1 in Xtravision and still had the transfer license from my previous xbox (RIP). Export worked fine.

Then I looked up how to export from RB2 into RB3. I don't mind paying for the transfer license, but why the hell do I have to download a track pack? I still have my RB2 disk. Seems like a needlessly redundant process to download all the tracks again (1.8gb) when I have RB2 installed on my hard drive....

This is pure win Senior E !!!! Well it was for me, lego , greenday, acdc, track pack 2 all bought exported and sold on without the need to keep the discs ;)

Those are long past the sell by date though but there is still some recoup to be had from not needing the discs to redownload the songs from exports.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah fair enough, but they should have had an option for people who still had the disk.... :)
    Plus you needed the code from the back of the manual!

Do people really expect this to drop in price quickly due to poor sales? As id like to get it, but not sure I want to pay €45 yet...
    On the internet. Only there I'm afraid
    How much about are the price?

Or has anyone used the band hero/guitar hero world tour drums? Are they any good now with rock band?

GH drums are 5 pads, you want 7 optimally to play pro RB drums. I seriously doubt if GH drums would be any use in this.

• Advertisement

GH drums are 5 pads, you want 7 optimally to play pro RB drums. I seriously doubt if GH drums would be any use in this.
    Ah right, where abouts do you get those pads online? I checked amazon but cant seem to find them. How much are they abouts too?

Amazon do have them, but they're sold out at the moment. Hmmm, same with matcatz it seems. I'll keep an eye out for them anyway, I need them myself. Keep an eye on the "RB3 pricing and availability" thread, I'll post there if I find them.

Any one else found these?

Actually, GH drums can be used to play pro drums in RB3, it allows you to assign the pads to a point. I haven't actually tried it myself yet so can't comment how they play in RB3 and if they function any differently than they did in RB2.

Guys does anyone have afterlife by avenged sevenfold exported from track pack 2 or downloaded?

If you do could you try and play it ? I have it from TP2 and when I try to play it I get an error telling me I need the latest title update :mad:

Edit: After some googles I tried it fom the TP2 challenge on the goals menu and I was able to play it there , weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

They fixed the 360 Lego RB export!
    Hell yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sweet!
    Should have a new copy of LRB waiting for me at home this evening
    Looking forward to playing we are the champions and final countdown again:p

Had some news back from Madcatz regards the kick pedal not working to activate overdrive on the keyboard.

from an email they sent me :
    We first apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We have looked into your situation in the meantime and found that the issue is caused by the Rock Band 3 game. An update will fix this issue, but unfortunately we do not have a release date ourselves. When such an update will be available, you will have the possibility to download it through XBox Live.

anyone know what got patched there? Got an update earlier.

Let's hope it was the myriad of glitches contained within the game!

Let's hope it was the myriad of glitches contained within the game!

Well it wasn't to fix the kick pedal not working for overdrive on the keys, i tried it earlier, :mad:

• Advertisement

Here is what got fixed :
    • Arena 12 Freeze (aka The Roadie Amp Loading Screen of Death) – If the amp loading vignette occurred immediately prior to an especially resource heavy venue it had the potential to cause a freeze. Your band should now be able to load their gear uninterrupted.

• Save Data Affected By Especially Long Band Names – Custom / Random Setlists specific to artists with especially long names (most notably Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives, The Presidents of the United States of America, etc) that were not completed before playing through to the next auto save could result in corrupted save data.

• Iron Man Eyebrow Freeze in Character Creator – The Character Creator would sometimes seize up when reselecting the default eyebrow for the Iron Man pre set face. All eyebrows are now safe.

• Pause Scoring Exploit – To prevent abuse of repeated pausing mid-song to pad a score, we now disable score reporting on any song in which a player repeatedly pauses. Your crowd meter should go grey and you will not be able to complete any goals or achievements tied to score during that play through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Is it just me, or is there loads more stuff to do in the Lego RB challenges menu now?
    Could have sworn there was only 1 thing in there before the patch

tman wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is there loads more stuff to do in the Lego RB challenges menu now?
    Could have sworn there was only 1 thing in there before the patch

Hmmm I remember the 1 for 100% of the solo on final countdown. Even with a few extra it still won't get my progress bar closer to the star on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION bought me the RB3 keyboard at the weekend, and I have the game ordered from Amazon (only 30 euro!) so I'll FINALLY be able to join in this malarkey very soon :D

What were you thinking Onion .......No girl is worth that :eek:

Lol kidding :pac: Just you be sure Hotaru to look at Onions scores on keys and beat them soundly, that will teach him to throw money around like some kind of playa :D

Lads:

Treat 'em Keys,
    Keep 'em Clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

calex71 wrote: »
    What were you thinking Onion .......No girl is worth that :eek:

Lol kidding :pac: Just you be sure Hotaru to look at Onions scores on keys and beat them soundly, that will teach him to throw money around like some kind of playa :D

I'm on it!

The best bit was that he brought RB3 to my house this weekend, was playing on my XBL account and ended up beating some of his own scores :P I lol'd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I downloaded the Queen Pack this morning as early as I could. As a result, my 4-star sightread on expert of 'Under Pressure' is currently #1 on the pro key leaderboards! I'll never see this number again, so I'm making it count!

Edit to say that 'I Want it All' on keys is even harder than you think it is! :)

I guess I'll never know how hard those songs are, I aint giving them mah money!

• Advertisement

I guess I'll never know how hard those songs are, I aint giving them mah money!

You don't have any money after buying the keyboard :P

100% with you there no way they are mugging me for my € either.

Advertisement