Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

BOOOOOOOO >:-(
    Not a happy camper now

I'm ok with that
    gregers85 wrote: »
    The offer still stands for me though right?? haha

As long as im still going to that fancy mansion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just in the door from work.
    Swear to god it seems like every fcukin insect in Ireland is flying around the house
    All the windows were open

Really wish ireland had a winger like this man
    http://youtu.be/djNTw0u8w6Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Generous soul?
    I'm coming aswell then
    :)
    Herself is off to Liverpool with her mates for the week so Ive my mam minding baby on Friday and then her mam will take her on Saturday so I plan on Having the lads around for poker on sat night

Life of Reilly you! Missus goes away for the weekend and the baby is off to grannies!

Enjoy your poker night :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Really wish ireland had a winger like this man
    http://youtu.be/djNTw0u8w6Y

Always loved Alesana! what a boody animal!! we dont have forwards as physical as this guy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm notorious among my friends for having never watched 90% of the films considered vital. Literally, name a film and I will not have seen it. I watched my first gangster film there two weeks ago, Goodfellas. I'm reading The Lord of the rings at the moment, I have to read the books before I see the films and I am only reading them now. I've yet to see the Harry potter films as I never finished the books. I'm determined to have them all read and watched before Christmas.

In other news, I hate pollen. I'm smothered today! Taking telfast tablets for 6 days now and they haven't really kicked in. I'm waking up for an hour every morning at 4.30, wheezing, coughing and spluttering. I am fed up!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

kellief wrote: »
    I'm notorious among my friends for having never watched 90% of the films considered vital. Literally, name a film and I will not have seen it. I watched my first gangster film there two weeks ago, Goodfellas. I'm reading The Lord of the rings at the moment, I have to read the books before I see the films and I am only reading them now. I've yet to see the Harry potter films as I never finished the books. I'm determined to have them all read and watched before Christmas.

In other news, I hate pollen. I'm smothered today! Taking telfast tablets for 6 days now and they haven't really kicked in. I'm waking up for an hour every morning at 4.30, wheezing, coughing and spluttering. I am fed up!!!!!!

I love LOTR, books and films!! im a total tolkien nerd haha

My OH suffers very bad with hay-fever too, she got a nasel spray this year and its working a treat for her!! best ive seen her in the years we're going out!! ill find the name from her later nd post it up for you! ;)

Flixonase and Beconase spray are fantastic for hay fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm notorious among my friends for having never watched 90% of the films considered vital. Literally, name a film and I will not have seen it.

I'm guilty of this too. I'm working on it though. Have seen LOTR but not Harry Potter. Lots of TV shows I haven't seen either. Only just started watching Sopranos, and I've yet to watch Game of Thrones.

Thanks for the ideas! I take strong prescription tablets daily for it. I've tried flixonase but not beconase. If you could get the name of that stuff I will try it! I'll be going to the chemist later on, so I'll hold off until you get the chance to reply!!

I'm always getting into trouble for not knowing about vital scenes in stuff! I'm writing my M.Sc. thesis at the moment so I'm not getting much reading done but I'm enjoying the Lotr books immensely! I've also just watched all of the new doctor who (since eccleston) bar the very last episode. I adore it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Interesting times at Coloroworks ahead, curious to see who they get in.

Hi everyone we have some exciting news. Colour Works is moving to a ground floor unit on 30 lower ormand quay. We will be officially open the 1 of september. The new studio is located beside the italian quarter we will put pics up tomorrow. The studio is going to be fitted out for 6 artists. It will be kitted out very hi, spec basically its going to be the bomb for customers and artists. The only thing that wont be changing is the happy heads and friendly atmosphere. I will build on just me and rob one at a time we want to keep a excellent standard of work that is the most important thing for me. So I want to thank all you facebookers for all your support over the years nearly 10 now, and making the studio so busy. I cant wait to see yous all at the new studio and for all you lovely ladys out there you will never have to hover over that toilet down stairs again. You will be sitting in style with the lovely smell of pote poirre lol. Any artists looking to work let me know. We will be looking for constant international artist as well for guest spots thanks people. Me rob aimee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Well, my boss is back to his usual basterd self, spying on me and giving out to me for not stopping enough people, like I can force people to stop?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I seem to have missed a lot on here.

Nice to see you back PKM, hope all is well with you and yours.

Hello to all the newbies/lurkers :)

Sun has disappeared here again. Yucky wet constant drizzle. Hate when it doesn't stop!

Mate home for few weeks from Oz. Love catching up with old mates and picking up where ya left off. Hard to find real friends like that in life :) Some dinner now tomorrow and a few bottles of wine :)

Picked up beconase and a pot of local honey, Jesus that stuuf is pricey as hell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mmmm baconnaise...

c87a_baconnaise.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

No, just no

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

that looks yum

what on earth is happening with mens fashion these days.its so hard to find good clothes.everythings pink or yellow or has stripes i hate stripes,and the trousers are all either skinny jeans or chinos.pfft

i think i need to start my own clothing line

Oh my god, yes.

Bacon good

Mayonnaise bad

Baconnaise = a terrible nightmare that taste so good but the texture is torture.

Any type of 'naise' and I'm like the puke scene in family guy

Mayonnaise bad

Mayonnaise is lovely...
    I feel the need to drag out this "The Oatmeal" gag :D

1.png

NSFW punchline

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hate mayonnaise. Nothing worse that someone in a deli putting mayo in a sandwich/roll when you said you didn't want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Jesus I can't stand normal mayonnaise...never got the big deal over bacon. (obviously referring to before I went vegan)

Eleven laps in five minutes at roller derby last night. Sounds a bit rubbish but six more than last week so I'm pretty happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Mmmm baconnaise...

c87a_baconnaise.jpg

This forum needs a nope thread....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember one of my friends got bacon flavoured toothpaste. Just ew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Where in the name of god did they find bacon toothpaste!!!

Killer banana it's obvious that you didn't 'get' bacon, as if you did, you could never go veggie/vegan. :pac:

And if you think baconnaise sounds bad, don't click this link...

I think it was in one of those American candy places.

Only home from the personal trainer a while fcuker nearly killed me as usual, but was my first time doing a session in the gym he works in, them Evo Fitness gyms have a pretty cool set up, especially for anyone looking to loose weight, especially if your the type that's kind of intimidated by the whole gym experience.

that looks yum

what on earth is happening with mens fashion these days.its so hard to find good clothes.everythings pink or yellow or has stripes i hate stripes,and the trousers are all either skinny jeans or chinos.pfft

i think i need to start my own clothing line

I love mayonaise but it's off my menu apart from the odd cheat.

I feel your pain on mens clothes it's why I do most my clothes shopping online these days easier and find better clothes.

The likes of Top Man I just don't even bother with these days V neck t-shirts with the V almost stretching to the belly button get the fcuk out of it. Damn metrosexuals.

A nice pair of jeans, t-shirt and runners and I'm good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I just walk into river island or h+m and pick up whatever looks pretty on the hanger, simple :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just realised that I haven't bought any clothes bar jerseys in near enough a year :eek:

Clothes in general are going very funny. I'm watching cake boss and chilling out. Anyone up to anything?

Clothes in general are going very funny. I'm watching cake boss and chilling out. Anyone up to anything?

Ah cake boss, some his cake look so good you'd almost feel guilty cutting them. Almost I said.

I'm still watching Sopranos.

Went to NewYork with my wife a few years ago.Random episodes of Sopranos were on every morning. She was loving the show. I've tried to get here to watch it from the start several times since. She can't get into it. :( same with The Wire :(:(

I don't like TopMan. I feel like the clothes are aimed at younger dudes.

Went to NewYork with my wife a few years ago.Random episodes of Sopranos were on every morning. She was loving the show. I've tried to get here to watch it from the start several times since. She can't get into it. :( same with The Wire :(:(

I don't like TopMan. I feel like the clothes are aimed at younger dudes.

The Wire another brilliant show, have you ever seen Oz? The show that really paved the way for them all, Sopranos is credited with paving the way but its really Oz that paved the way for the Sopranos in the first place.

Yeh TopMan kinda is but I know younger lads who wouldn't even go near that place.

Oz was amazing but quite hardcore. It's been ages since I watched it and I know that's one show Mrs googled eyes wouldn't get.

• Advertisement

Free prosecco.... I like it :D Was up at a wedding evening in my hotel for the wedding... Jesus chocolate fountains and candy carts are expensive buggers.

Oz was amazing but quite hardcore. It's been ages since I watched it and I know that's one show Mrs googled eyes wouldn't get.

Yeh it was certainly hardcore some scenes would leave ya wincing, I only rewatched it there recently enough bought the boxset off it :), brilliant show but did drop standards quite badly by the end sadly.

Ah cake boss, some his cake look so good you'd almost feel guilty cutting them. Almost I said.

I'm still watching Sopranos.

They are delicious looking. I bake a lot and learn a lot from him!

Sweet mother of god give me patience :mad:, got into a discussion with someone I know on self harming who stated people who done it were just attention seeking and when arguing there point they then claimed tattoo's are like scars and self harming and just attention seeking, god give me patience.

Too many idiots in this world, I could feel my blood begining to boil.

What I'm currently pissed off about is those Youth Defence jackasses, parking their van outside the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre. What an utterly disgusting tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all. What a shitty day eh?? :rolleyes:

Not a bad day "work" wise, but coming home, the car broke down three times. I don't get it. I know I let it get ridiculously low on diesel before I put more in, but that's cos I didn't have money but I don't know if that's it or not. AND I got the diesel in a garage I've never used before cos it was the only one open at 11 pm last night! So maybe dirty diesel?? I just hope it's not the fuel pump or ECU!!

And then, watching the Free Practice for the MotoGP tonight, Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) has a crash at 238kph, breaking his left collarbone. There's the championship gone FFS! I am NOT a happy bunny tonight!!! (Vid below for anyone interested)

Just seen an unreal car chase. Skyline absolutist hammering down Belgard road and before he got the lots fuel cut off kicked in and started spitting flames out the rear exhaust and lifted handbrake and drifted in a uturn style and down other way
    Garda hasn't a clue what to do. And by time he turned the skyline was well doing over 170 maybe more in the rain!!!
    Serious driver there.
    I'd love a skyline drove a few of them. If I won the lotto skyline and a Evo please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I'd love a skyline drove a few of them. If I won the lotto skyline and a Evo please :)

Aye, I like them too. Emm.... can I have the R34 and an Evo XIII please. :D

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Evenin' all. What a shitty day eh?? :rolleyes:

Not a bad day "work" wise, but coming home, the car broke down three times. I don't get it. I know I let it get ridiculously low on diesel before I put more in, but that's cos I didn't have money but I don't know if that's it or not. AND I got the diesel in a garage I've never used before cos it was the only one open at 11 pm last night! So maybe dirty diesel?? I just hope it's not the fuel pump or ECU!!

And then, watching the Free Practice for the MotoGP tonight, Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) has a crash at 238kph, breaking his left collarbone. There's the championship gone FFS! I am NOT a happy bunny tonight!!! (Vid below for anyone interested)

Ouch looks like a nasty tumble. any idea at all what's wrong with the car? Nothing more annoying than when a car starts acting the maggot.
    Just seen an unreal car chase. Skyline absolutist hammering down Belgard road and before he got the lots fuel cut off kicked in and started spitting flames out the rear exhaust and lifted handbrake and drifted in a uturn style and down other way
    Garda hasn't a clue what to do. And by time he turned the skyline was well doing over 170 maybe more in the rain!!!
    Serious driver there.

Maybe a serious driver there but serious arsehole aswell, if robbed or not hope they catch him.

I've been watching the faculty, holy bajeesus. I watched some of it before but I don't think I watched it all.

I'm terrified now.

Ouch looks like a nasty tumble. any idea at all what's wrong with the car? Nothing more annoying than when a car starts acting the maggot.

Maybe a serious driver there but serious arsehole aswell, if robbed or not hope they catch him.
    Definately wasn't robbed
    The lad driving it seemed to know what he was doing professionally.
    Really want one. I'd go with the r33 gtr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Damo I could feel my arteries clogging just looking at that picture!

On the mens clothes thing, there's a certain male staff member working in a "trendy" mens clothes shop near where I work. Now I know they have to wear the clothes, but this guy looks like he copied the mannequins rather than doing his own thing. Skinny jeans that show off his ankles, v neck tops etc etc... The main problem? He's in his 40s and looks like a twat in these clothes :p

Definately wasn't robbed
    The lad driving it seemed to know what he was doing professionally.
    Really want one. I'd go with the r33 gtr

Well then he should definitely have his license taken off him, now I'm no saint and do speed on occasion, but that's just plain stupid I know the Belgard Rd well and it's no place to be acting the maggot like that in any way shape or form.

It's idiots like him that make insurance companies not want to touch cars like that and give owners of Japanese performance cars who aren't borderline retarded bad reputations.
    Ankhyu wrote: »
    Damo I could feel my arteries clogging just looking at that picture!

On the mens clothes thing, there's a certain male staff member working in a "trendy" mens clothes shop near where I work. Now I know they have to wear the clothes, but this guy looks like he copied the mannequins rather than doing his own thing. Skinny jeans that show off his ankles, v neck tops etc etc... The main problem? He's in his 40s and looks like a twat in these clothes :p

:pac::pac: I'd love to see that.

Never speed on Belgard road. Coppers are always around or speed can.
    When I was younger I had a serious glanza. Done most of the mods on it myself. Cost a few quid but man was she fast.
    Used to go to that cruise down in ballyfermot in the JFK industrial estate.
    Was great craic but kinda grew out of it.
    Actually do be driving around in her car and do be thinking sometimes man I wish I had that car back.

Never speed on Belgard road. Coppers are always around or speed can.
    When I was younger I had a serious glanza. Done most of the mods on it myself. Cost a few quid but man was she fast.
    Used to go to that cruise down in ballyfermot in the JFK industrial estate.
    Was great craic but kinda grew out of it.
    Actually do be driving around in her car and do be thinking sometimes man I wish I had that car back.

Like I said I know that road well, drive it a lot they used to always be down by Newlands golf club but once they upped the speed limit on that section there never there, now there always opposite were Jacobs used to be.

A friend of mine used to own a Glanza wrote it off, another lad I know used to own a Skyline also wrote off. I know people that used to go cruises but never my scene I like cars a lot but never into the whole cruise thing. Looking for something with more power myself if I ever find the a car i like that is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement