Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Roughly how much do the Beavertown cans cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nplunkett

Beavertown cans are between €3.79 and €3.99, depending on variety

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Does anybody know if the Odeon serves any decent beers?
    I'm heading there later and have a terrible feeling they'll only have the usual muck. I might have to head into Alfie Byrnes beforehand to lin the stomach with something decent. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'm heading there later and have a terrible feeling they'll only have the usual muck. I might have to head into Alfie Byrnes beforehand to lin the stomach with something decent. :(

I see a Coors Light in your future.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

I'll report back once I get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Heroditas wrote: »

The computer say's no http://www.beoir.org/index.php/craft-beer-directories?sid=671&task=list.alpha.o&site=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Litovel, Czech dark beer.

Wonderful stuff, cheap as fook too. Lovely smooth, full malty flavour. Everything you want from the style, basically.

Where did you get this?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Fresh key of 8 Degrees' The Full Irish just tapped in the Bierhaus. I' m so happy! I never thought I'd get to try it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Well Cassidys/P Macs/Blackbird and Trouble seem to have solved the problem for Punk IPA lovers dealing with ridiculous rising prices by producing what can only be described as a clone and selling it for 5.40 a pint against 6.70 for the Brewdog offering. Excellent it is too, seems Trouble can do no wrong of late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

drumswan wrote: »
    Well Cassidys/P Macs/Blackbird and Trouble seem to have solved the problem for Punk IPA lovers dealing with ridiculous rising prices by producing what can only be described as a clone and selling it for 5.40 a pint against 6.70 for the Brewdog offering. Excellent it is too, seems Trouble can do no wrong of late.

Is it hip though?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Whats the trouble beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Franciscan Well Coffee Porter : I think I'm in love.

Been drinking Williams Brothers Birds and Bees and Joker all evening.
    Not the best but better than Coors Light.

Awful dump though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I tried bo bristle ipa for the first time last night and was very impressed. It's a refreshing light hoppy beer and definitely one of the better Irish efforts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Had mikkeller hop burn high last night. Was quite enjoyable and not totally out of whack for them.

Finished the night off with beers from Beaverton the 8-ball rye IPA was amazing. The smog rocket smoked porter was a little too smokey for me but enjoyable nonetheless.

I've become a big fan of this. The kind barman gifted me the glass because I kept admiring them (the glass, not the barman :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Had Ballast Point Sculpin and SN Kellerweiss recently, two amazing beers. I also had a great imperial stout called Drakonic brewed by Drakes near Oakland in California.
    I also had Censored (described as a rich copper ale) from Lagunitas and Boont Amber Ale, both were average imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Had a few nice ones over the last two nights but stand outs were Emelisse Smoked Rye IPA and De Ranke XXX Bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Savage beer in salt house last night, Thornbridge Chiron, very nice easy to drink IPA, then a very nice Kill lager from trouble brewing, and nearly my favourite was the amazing Rugy ale white gypsy, wow is all I can say, don't normally even drink red ales:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

About to crack open a Dungarvan Mine Head. Worthless opinion to follow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BMJD wrote: »
    About to crack open a Dungarvan Mine Head. Worthless opinion to follow!

I thought it was very "homebrewy". Was hoping for more hops given the name/style.

Having some €1 Euphoria from Ska Brewing. Definitely past it's best in factuality and actuality. Still nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I thought it was very "homebrewy". Was hoping for more hops given the name/style.

I would agree with that. It has that underlying yeasty taste similar to Helvick Gold as well. It's still enjoyable, perhaps a little tweaking needed. I'd say it is/would be outstanding on cask.

Now drinking Beavertown Smog Rocket Smoked Porter - amazing ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Had a few beers over the weekend.

Shift by New Belgium - I've had much better pale ales, nothing exciting about this one.
    Mirror Pond Ale by Deschutes - another meh beer.
    Bengali by Sixpoint - not winning at all this weekend. Above average
    Sweet Action by Sixpoint - as above
    Fat Tire by New Belgium - I give up

A weekend of meh. Think I'll stick with Irish craft breweries for next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

DarrenG wrote: »

Shift by New Belgium - I've had much better pale ales, nothing exciting about this one.

Whered you pick up the Deschutes and New Belgium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

DarrenG wrote: »

Fat Tyre isn't bad. If you have access to any moe of Deschutes, look out for Black Butte Porter, Fresh Squeezed IPA and Chainbreaker WhiteIPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

drumswan wrote: »
    Whered you pick up the Deschutes and New Belgium?

http://www.saveur-biere.com/en/
    Ipso wrote: »
    Fat Tyre isn't bad. If you have access to any moe of Deschutes, look out for Black Butte Porter, Fresh Squeezed IPA and Chainbreaker WhiteIPA.

I have Black Butte Porter & Obsidian Stout put away for later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

I've become a big fan of this. The kind barman gifted me the glass because I kept admiring them (the glass, not the barman :P)

looks good, what was it like

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hitting up Brussels, Munich and Prague in the next few weeks, any boozers I absolutely should not miss? I doubt it'll be hard to find good beer in any of them :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Hitting up Brussels, Munich and Prague in the next few weeks, any boozers I absolutely should not miss? I doubt it'll be hard to find good beer in any of them :)

Find delirium village in rue de bouchers in brussels, 40 tap room and a 2000 bottle list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Where in Prague you staying? If central the Beer museum has a great choice of beers but it's not a museum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement