Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Heroditas wrote: »
    Galway Bay beer is absolute muck!

Haha. He must be banned, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Odell Cutthroat Porter

odellcutthroat_large.png

Rich bodied porter from the USA. Had it on draught in Against The Grain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Heading for 2 nights in Aberystwyth tomorrow so hoping to find some nice Welsh brews. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

irish_goat wrote: »
    Heading for 2 nights in Aberystwyth tomorrow so hoping to find some nice Welsh brews. :)

Had some nice ones at a beer festival in Ludlow some weeks back. Otley mOtley Brew stood out as did some from Heavy Industry amd Celt Experience. Tiny Rebel never showed up sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

The ilkley brewery mayan chocolate chipotle stout.

A definite kick of chilli in this, with smooth chocolate-y malts.

I like the chocolate milk stouts more and more. Perfect for a "just one" kind of night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

G rock wrote: »
    The ilkley brewery mayan chocolate chipotle stout.

A definite kick of chilli in this, with smooth chocolate-y malts.

I like the chocolate milk stouts more and more. Perfect for a "just one" kind of night

I had a youngs double chocolate stout at the weekend, was the best of a bad bunch of craft type beers I had in wales.

Was very chocolatey and silky going down, was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

irish_goat wrote: »

Jusy checked my notes and had one called Beacons Brewhouse Chock-y-Wocky too, which was really good if you come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

had a doom bar, fullers london pride and greens on draft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

GY A1 wrote: »
    had a doom bar, fullers london pride and greens on draft

Wetherspoons?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had a bottle each of a Evil Ying and Yang tonight. Actually had 2/3's of each and then 2/3's combined. The IPA is a bit meh, the Stout nice enough, but the two combined really works. Like a super smooth hoppy imperial stout of a nice black IPA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Old local doing a fiver a bottle of Kinnegar Rustbucket Rye Ale, funny as I was thinking on the way up I'd pay them a fiver to buy some of their off license beers to drink inside. Very nice stuff

In the carpenter btw

Up in Belfast today, tried a Farmageddon IPA and I found it lovely. Seriously cloudy, which I thought looked great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Grayditch wrote: »
    Up in Belfast today, tried a Farmageddon IPA and I found it lovely. Seriously cloudy, which I thought looked great.

Their porter is great. Really reminded me of McGrath's stout - a similar yeasty sourness behind the sweetness of the malt.

I'll be back up next week I'll see if I can see it.

They had a Dark Ale too that looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Tried Dungarvans new Mine Head American Pale Ale. Tastes very similar to some of their other beers especially their Mahon Falls Rye Pale Ale.

It's good but not great. Has a earthy, nutty flavour that works well in the rye pale ale but not so much in this. It's dry hopped with cascade but you don't really get much of the aroma or flavour of the hops.

At €3.85 a bottle there is much better out there for the price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I find Dungarvan beers to have a very similar profile across the board. They don't all taste the same by any means but they all have an intense earthy, yeasty flavour to them that's pretty easy to pick out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I find Dungarvan beers to have a very similar profile across the board. They don't all taste the same by any means but they all have an intense earthy, yeasty flavour to them that's pretty easy to pick out.

House flavour, it not uncommon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Litovel, Czech dark beer.

Wonderful stuff, cheap as fook too. Lovely smooth, full malty flavour. Everything you want from the style, basically.

Brewdog Mashtag 2014. Hmmm, it's like a fruity 5AM Saint but without the upfront resinous hops. It's nice but it's not mind blowing. Hides the 9% well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Had Sierra Nevada Kellerweis last night. Really great beer, tasted to me like 75% German Wheat beer and 25% Belgian Wit Bier. Very tasty.

Two cans of 475 ml Sierra Nevada Torpedo, which at €3.79 in O'briens is far better value than €3.69 for 355ml in the same shop. Thought the taste was just as good from the can. A brilliant IPA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Beavertown cans are available in molloys around Dublin from this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nplunkett

Molloys also have bottles of gamma ray and smog rockets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Anyone tried any of the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp range ?

Joekers wrote: »
    Anyone tried any of the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp range ?

Tried last years batch, bit hit and miss. Haven't tried this years batch, not sure that it's even available yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Tried last years batch, bit hit and miss. Haven't tried this years batch, not sure that it's even available yet?

Cool just wondering are they worth trying out, the local mace has them on special 4 for 11 atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

oblivious wrote: »
    Beavertown cans are available in molloys around Dublin from this evening

These are superb

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭baron von something

enjoying a nice large bottle of Innis&Gunn original

drumswan wrote: »
    These are superb

Which ones are available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

• Advertisement