Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

franglan wrote: »
    Talking about Tom Savage, Gil Brant is talking about taking him in the second round as he won't be around in the third! Second round pick for a guy who attended 3 colleges and played less than 30 college games, too much of a project QB for a second rounder me thinks.

Brandt is a strange one for me. Almost every second player I read his opinion on he has him in the 1st two rounds. He must have about 150 players in his first two rounds at this stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

When he has Manziel as his #1 prospect it's impossible to take anything he says seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Manziel is gonna be one of the biggest busts in a long time, i can see it now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

It will be interesting - last year Geno Smith was the golden child - all the mocks had him going so early. Most teams are clever enough to ignore the over-hype but sometimes that club with a top 5 pick goes a bit "loopy"!!!

It would be draft week if they hadn't moved it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Feels like it will never get here. Are sky still just doing the first round?

Anywhere else you can get it on an ipad without a charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Paully D wrote: »
    Some interesting bets available on the draft.

To Go #1:

Clowney 6/4
    Bortles 13/8
    Bridgewater 6/1
    Manziel 6/1

1st Guard Drafted:

Xavier Sua-Filo 1/1
    David Yankey 5/4

1st Defensive Back Drafted:

Justin Gilbert 21/20
    Darqueze Dennard 7/4
    Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 9/4

Plenty of others here too if anything takes your fancy - http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl-specials/nfl-draft/1st-defensive-back-drafted

I think there's value in Bridgewater at 6's despite all the talk of the Texans liking Bortles at that spot. Also, I think Xavier Sua-Filo to be the first guard off the board at evens is a very nice bet.

Have had a small bet on Kyle Fuller first CB @ 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Have had a small bet on Kyle Fuller first CB @ 66/1

I think 6/4 on Clowney is buying money.

That wont be there for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I don't know what to think of this draft class without neilster here to inform me.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Am I right in saying the show that stopped the draft going ahead this week got called off in the end? May well be making that up.

Anyway, it’s getting painful at this stage. Repetitive analysis, anonymous slating of high prospects and ESPN generating news from ludicrous quotes from their array of nutjob analysts. It can’t come quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

At least the time from the draft to preseason will be that bit shorter!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

ahhhhhhh why would you point that out to me :mad:

pretty bad that the radio city music hall booked over it when nfl book them for it every year.

also pretty bad that the nfl didn't have it booked and that they didn't just book somewhere else for this weekend.

all in all i don't wana wait for the draft an im gona sulk about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

HigginsJ wrote: »
    :(

Watch that Paully fecker. He'll be telling us how long we have to wait until the season starts next.

He revels in our torture, I tells ya!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Apparently the Eagles & Dolphins are in talks over a trade. The Eagles will get Dion Jordan (last years No.3 overall pick) and in return the Dolphins will get the Eagles 1st rounder this tear (No. 22 overall) & Brandon Graham

I hope to God me don't do that. I knew that Chip knows Jordan etc. but Graham has eventually turned into a really good player for us and to trade him away with a first would be ludicrous. Now if it was a first in exchange for Jordan I'd be more than happy

frostie500 wrote: »
    I hope to God me don't do that. I knew that Chip knows Jordan etc. but Graham has eventually turned into a really good player for us and to trade him away with a first would be ludicrous. Now if it was a first in exchange for Jordan I'd be more than happy

I've more an issue with the 1st rounder to be honest graham is going into the last year of his contract and won't be resigned. Also he's a very very good end in a 4-3 so dissent fit our scheme any more just as Jordan dosent fit there's that's why I'm supprised there not taking graham and the 2nd

Who do you all think your team will take then?

After what I'd rate as a superb offseason, the Ravens biggest needs are at safety and right tackle.

I'm thinking Taylor Lewan or Ha'Ha Clinton-Dix will be our main targets. Lewan should be there, I doubt Ha'Ha will be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think the 49ers draft board is rapidly being re-evaluated, still CB/WR needed but pass rusher is up there now too.

I'd still go CB in the first though.

Tight End and some depth for the aging Wilfork and Tommy Kelly at DT. Aside from that, any depth at OG/C/DE/LB/WR would be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

In an ideal world Clinton-Dix would fall to us but that's just not going to happen. We'll more than likely go inside linebacker, safety, defensive tackle or tight end in the first round. By the looks of other sides needs, Ebron is going to be gone before we pick as will Clinton-Dix so that would likely leave us with someone like CJ Mosley, Ra'Shede Hageman or Calvin Pryor. Out of those I'd prefer Pryor, then Mosley and then Hageman.

We'll more than likely use one of our third round picks on a WR.

Just hope we manage to come out of the draft with some solid defensive guys that'll make plays rather than fall over at the first slight contact.

• Advertisement

Tight End and some depth for the aging Wilfork and Tommy Kelly at DT. Aside from that, any depth at OG/C/DE/LB/WR would be welcomed.

Would you be happy with Jace Amaro or Ra'Shede Hageman in the first?

i could see them going stephen tuitt 1 and jordan matthews 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

boccy23 wrote: »
    I think 6/4 on Clowney is buying money.

That wont be there for long.

Had a whack of that at 6/4 with youwin there this morning. Now that Schefters reporting it, I expect it'll collapse. I'll be surprised if its not odds on across the board by next weekend

Hageman, yes.

Amaro, not so much. I'd rather Niklas in the first or Jenkins in the second.

Hageman, yes.

Amaro, not so much. I'd rather Niklas in the first or Jenkins in the second.

shurley niklas will be there late 2nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Bridgewater QB camp, says full episode but it's only 22 minutes long so not sure what's going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I don't know what to think of this draft class without neilster here to inform me.

Not having him has ruined my NCAA and draft experience.

Bridgewater QB camp, says full episode but it's only 22 minutes long so not sure what's going on there.

He's such a smart guy and you can't teach that. He just gets it. Even in the highlights they showed of the game in which he threw his first TD he was looking off safeties and reading defenses better than any of the other QB's in this draft can do.

The last time I saw someone have such a detailed, in-depth discussion with Gruden about plays and concepts was probably in Andrew Luck's episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Bridgwater's stock is only declining because people are now overreacting to considering him as the number one prospect in this draft.

I still think Johnny Manziel is going to be the best from this class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

He's such a smart guy and you can't teach that. He just gets it. Even in the highlights they showed of the game in which he threw his first TD he was looking off safeties and reading defenses better than any of the other QB's in this draft can do.

The last time I saw someone have such a detailed, in-depth discussion with Gruden about plays and concepts was probably in Andrew Luck's episode.

Yea I simply can't fathom how he is not a sure fire lock to go No. 1 overall. The guy will have a Luck type impact on the franchise that drafts him.

Advertisement