Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

How many boards jerseys are out there BTW? I would have thought it was no more than 50!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

After four orders? Got to be more than that, surely?

Lord, might have to get one myself in the next order, even if they violate my minimum wool content. It really is a nice design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭crazydingo

So who is the swift chap I saw kitted out in the boards.ie shorts and jersey with a white helmet (I think) that passed me out today (and once last week) at clanbrassil street that heads right at harolds cross in the direction of the kcr? It was approximately 4:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

crazydingo wrote: »
    So who is the swift chap I saw kitted out in the boards.ie shorts and jersey with a white helmet (I think) that passed me out today (and once last week) at clanbrassil street that heads right at harolds cross in the direction of the kcr? It was approximately 4:30pm

Can really only be RogerB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I was there today, just after 430.
    Shorts, but not boards jersey. So may not be me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Full boards kit, white fixie on the Alfie Byrne Rd (Dublin 3) this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭crazydingo

Re: my earlier post
    this guy definitely had the jersey and was also wearing a backpack and had old-school full coverage mudguards but that's all I can describe because I couldn't keep up to get more details (bike make/model etc). He is a machine!

this guy definitely had the jersey and was also wearing a backpack and had old-school full coverage mudguards but that's all I can describe because I couldn't keep up to get more details (bike make/model etc). He is a machine!

No mudguards, no jersey, not me then.
    Ah well, some day I will be recognised, until then my 15mins of fame is still unused.
    :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Re: my earlier post

Definetly Roger so.

Full boards kit, white fixie on the Alfie Byrne Rd (Dublin 3) this morning.

Howya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

This morning at about 8.15, near the Apple Green petrol station in Clonskeagh. Heading south.

Blorg, I think (based on photos on here).

That makes me sound like a stalker.

Raam wrote: »
    Howya

Starrry Buuuuud.

I'll have to get me a set of boards.ie gear and get myself made famous here!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Ballyroan Road around 6ish this evening.Riding a mountain bike I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That would have been me, taking a new route up Stocking Lane/Avenue as I'm getting a tad bored and want a bit more of a challenge.

Been a long time since I did Stocking Lane, forgot to drop out of the big ring :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Who was the boardsie at around 8:30 on N11 who was keep breaking the lights? (i saw at least 3) Shame on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

JunctionTempleogue road & Dodder park heading for terenure at 8 this morning, boards top on an MTB I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:o

/hand up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

A bit late, and not really a boards sighting, but perhaps an undercover boarsdie?

Swords CC gear, the Naul, last Saturday week (25th April) around 3pm.

If this is off-thread, look, I assume every roadie I see is at least a lurker here. :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Harcourt Street this morning. Riding a BeOne road bike. Looked like AstraMonti???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

el tonto wrote: »
    Harcourt Street this morning. Riding a BeOne road bike. Looked like AstraMonti???

Yeap that was me all right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

About 6pm on the quays in Dublin near the Customs House?

Saracen (I think) road bike - red tyres and bar tape.

1h ago. Castleknock village. Caroline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

ROK ON wrote: »
    1h ago. Castleknock village. Caroline.

Yes I saw you too. With a pink bike ... wasn't yours though was you daughter's. She had that very focussed look on her face while cycling: she will be a champion!!!

seamus wrote: »
    :o

/hand up

Wear the brown paper bag...

ashamed_dog_2.jpg

of SHAME

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

roger. in the full kit at the cross roads by wolf cycles, bout 3 weeks ago. damn i'm slow at this reporting thing,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Spotted a Boardise earlier past Powerscourt just by the turn off for Ballinastoe. I'm pretty sure it was Kenmc, I didn't give a beep as one of the kids had just gone to sleep and I didn't want to wake him.

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    I didn't give a beep as one of the kids had just gone to sleep and I didn't want to wake him.

Not to mention inappropriate use of your horn... you filth-monger you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I went for a drive to see what the ww100 route was like. I think I need to step up my hill trianing:eek:.

I know you're only going to say they're not hills but I've never done anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    Spotted a Boardise earlier past Powerscourt just by the turn off for Ballinastoe. I'm pretty sure it was Kenmc, I didn't give a beep as one of the kids had just gone to sleep and I didn't want to wake him.

Yeah that'd be me, round about 1:45 or so? Headed down to roundwood with the mrs for lunch and to recce the start and end of the ww100 route for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Spotted one of ye on Philipsburgh Avenue this morning, maybe around 10:45-11 ish.

Advertisement