Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I loved seeing them doing AMOLAD in full, and with the way they intersperse 'era' tours with new album tours I'd be happy to see them do it again. IT's great to hear them do the classics but, if the songs are good, i like to see as many new as possible in the sets because, let's face it, it's quite possible that we may not have a chance to see them played again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

peter1892 wrote: »
    As much as I enjoyed the gig in 2006 (I really liked AMOLAD) doing the whole album in sequence was a bit of a risk so it'll be interesting to see what they do on this tour. Ultimately they'll do what they want regardless of the fans reaction.
    It was a good enough gig despite the sound in The Point being terrible. I wasn't too impressed with them playing AMOLAD in full, they could have thrown in some surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

It was a good enough gig despite the sound in The Point being terrible. I wasn't too impressed with them playing AMOLAD in full, they could have thrown in some surprises.

i was at that, too...generally positive memories, yet as you wrote, a few surprises would have been nice and playing the whole thing was probably not maiden’s all-time career highlight….

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

The last album was utterly terrible, with not a single standout song for me. It was Maiden's worst album ever. All the the other albums had standouts or were excellent from start to finnish, but the last album was the worst. I'm somewhat sceptical about this album though. Although at the same time I'm looking forward to it. If this album is bad, then it really will be time to call it quits. I like that they've went back to the classic Eddie this time. The cover is good but not anything incredible as the Derek Riggs art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

All the the other albums had standouts or were excellent from start to finnish, but the last album was the worst.

Definitely my least favourite of the Bruce Mark II albums but I wouldn't say it's their worst. Virtual XI is terrible and apart from the title track, it's better than most of Fear Of The Dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

The Final Frontier was a good album. The intro, title track, lead single and last track all stand out.

AMOLAD was a great album from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

Not sure if I could bring myself to call any of their albums their 'worst' as the musicianship has always been fantastic, but the last one did take a while to get in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

First teaser for the new album!

Only a snipet I know but it sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Sounds good to me!

It appears the song "Speed of Light" will be up on You Tube on the 14th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Also Bruce Dickinson's 57th birthday today.

Classic Rock magazine have a review of the album now too. They gave it a 9/10 and the review's quite praising.

https://classicrock.teamrock.com/reviews/2015-08-11/iron-maiden-the-book-of-souls-review

Interview with Adrian & Janick about the new album.

http://thequietus.com/articles/18529-iron-maiden-interview

Just watched the video for Speed of Light on YouTube. First impressions are that its only ok. The production sounds great and imo it's a little heavier than usual which is good but the song itself doesn't jump out and grab you like other Maiden first singles did. It could be a grower though so I'll listen a few more times. Video's kind of cool though.

EDIT- ok on second listen I like it a bit more. Still not a classic but the chorus is now in my head and I'm humming it to myself which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Have to say, the initial riff did jump out and grab me, and I really liked it. The production is as good as we've come to expect, and I hope it's a barometer for the album.

yeah, not a bad song at all, yet also nothing earth-shattering…all grand and still eagerly awaiting the album…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Agree, it's a good strong song but it's not "catchy" . Gotta love the video though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

jayobray wrote: »
    Have to say, the initial riff did jump out and grab me, and I really liked it. The production is as good as we've come to expect, and I hope it's a barometer for the album.

Really? It might be the quality on YT but i didn't like the production. Considering it's the shortest song on the album it's not really the best barometer for the album.

Song was ok. Standard Maiden. Probably enjoyed the video more than the song

It seems Iron Maiden have teamed up with HMV Ireland for one cool prize
    Pre-order your copy of The Book Of Souls with HMV Ireland to be in with chance to sit back and relax on fight Maiden 666 to Paris where you will visit the infamous Guillaume Tell Studio where Iron Maiden recorded The Book Of Souls.
    You'll be able to listen to the full album ahead of release and enjoying a guided tour of the studio by Bruce!
    Pre order The Book of Souls in-store or online here: http://www.hmv.ie/Vendor/lp-iron-maiden-ie

Comp ends 19/08/2015.

As for Speed Of Light, 6th time listening to it now, it's good, catchy, it'll be a crowd favourite live, that said i'll wait for the album.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It seems Iron Maiden have teamed up with HMV Ireland for one cool prize

As for Speed Of Light, 6th time listening to it now, it's good, catchy, it'll be a crowd favourite live, that said i'll wait for the album.

Dont bother your arses lads...tis gonna be mine....all mine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Jaysus does Nicko ever change it up a bit ?

RayCon wrote: »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...!!!!

what do you mean?

Can you not hear the 'kin cowbell man.....'kin cowbell i tells ya!!

It took Nicko 25 years to find another song for it....10 internet points who can name the song ;)

xtradel wrote: »
    Can you not hear the 'kin cowbell man.....'kin cowbell i tells ya!!

It took Nicko 25 years to find another song for it....10 internet points who can name the song ;)

Hooks In you

Edit - To be fair, you made it easy with the 25 years. 2015-25=1990 = NPFTD.

Hooks In you

Damn you for making me feel less cleverer than I thought I was :(

I did initially put in 27 years for SSOASS but remembered hooks before I pressed enter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Needs more cowbell!

Advertisement