Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Maiden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Good news regarding Bruce's health and while there'll be no tour this year, it looks like we'll definitely be getting the new album!

Really glad to hear that Bruce has got the all clear, you just never know with cancer, just heard the news that Terry Jones, the singer with nwobhm group Pagan Altar lost his battle with cancer this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    New album news, it's titled The Point of Harsh Steel and the first in a trilogy of albums.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=112137

5qdoUH.jpg

The track list for The Point of Harsh Steel

1. Sinfiotli's Revenge
    2. The Taciturn God
    3. The Scarlet Spinner of Secret Thread
    4. Misgard: Humankind's Misery
    5. Serpent at the Roots
    6. The Great Wisdom of Elder Edda
    7. A Fire Rises From the South
    8. Urda’s Sacred Well
    9. Crucifixion, Self-Imposed
    10. The Day Even Gods Will Die

is this even legit? nothing on ironmaiden.com...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wurzelbert wrote: »
    is this even legit? nothing on ironmaiden.com...

Nope just checked the date on the article and it's dated April 1 2015 :(, i'll just delete what i posted.

Nope just checked the date on the article and it's dated April 1 2015 :(, i'll just delete what i posted.

:)

:)

yeah, hadn’t seen the april 1st date myself...would have been weird for them to announce a trilogy anyway, that late in their career and all...

• Advertisement

yeah, hadn’t seen the april 1st date myself...would have been weird for them to announce a trilogy anyway, that late in their career and all...

I fell for it hook, line, and bloody sinker :o, in future i'll check the dates before posting anything, it was done so well though.

I fell for it hook, line, and bloody sinker :o, in future i'll check the dates before posting anything, it was done so well though.

think that can be excused in the current situation...i too am eagerly awaiting an official announcement regarding the new album...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Steve's touring with British Lion again next month so he's keeping busy anyway.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-06-11/maiden-s-harris-to-tour-with-british-lion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Jesus, those song lengths :\

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jesus, those song lengths :\
    You're not wrong! I see the last track is 18mins alone. Shortest track is 5mins.

I hope it'll be good, though.

Long songs, short songs. Either way, I can't wait.

Clocking in at a whopper 92 minutes :eek: This album is going to be fecking brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Clocking in at a whopper 92 minutes :eek: This album is going to be fecking brilliant :D

It may be a load of donkey bollocks.....?

While I don't mind long songs, I hate the slow intros that nearly every long Maiden song has had on the past couple of albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Quality, not quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Reading the description on the site and seeing the cover art I have chills! I'm so excited for this album, it looks like it'll be truly epic.

Reverting to my 10 year old self but that cover art is really reminding me of Piece of Mind which is a really good omen too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

Flight 666 is a great film. Just decided to watch it a while ago on a recommendation. While Maiden's music doesn't really do it for me, the film clearly shows that they're an amazingly hardworking and charismatic bunch of lads and very talented too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

How do maiden make 3 very good guitarists work? 2 guys playing the same notes while the other plays different? No need for it. Jobs for the boys:D
    No egos there

• Advertisement

Just thinking about the upcoming tour. As they usually play for around 90-100 minutes, if they play any more than one of two from this album , there'll be feck all time left for any of the other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Vanhalla wrote: »
    How do maiden make 3 very good guitarists work? 2 guys playing the same notes while the other plays different? No need for it. Jobs for the boys:D
    No egos there

It works great, IIRC one of the stipulations of Bruce rejoining was that Adrian also came back, Jan had been great and they were not willing to let him go so that's why they have 3 guitarists

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just thinking about the upcoming tour. As they usually play for around 90-100 minutes, if they play any more than one of two from this album , there'll be feck all time left for any of the other stuff.

More like 120mins, sure they'll play 2 or 3 new tracks, if they choose the longer ones they may be edited down

scudzilla wrote: »
    It works great, IIRC one of the stipulations of Bruce rejoining was that Adrian also came back, Jan had been great and they were not willing to let him go so that's why they have 3 guitarists

yeah, the triple axe attack is great...now if only jan would stop acting like an idiot on stage and instead concentrate on his playing…

Bruce's first public appearance since being given the all clear from cancer last month.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-06-22/iron-maiden-bruce-dickinson-nordoff-robbins-music-therapy-visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Iron Maiden is being tipped for a lifetime achievement gong at one of the next major uk award shindigs, sounds good. Hopefully the possessed MileyC/KimKardigan/JessyJ types won't be around to spoil/pimp the stage.

Did some long-haul flights few years ago to US/Can/NZ/Malay etc not sure but think the announcement said the captain was Bruce Dickenson on the way out of one of the airports (maybe LAX), can't be certain as the random nice lady beside me was babbling a fair bit due to her ADHD...

Pre-order for The Book Of Souls have gone live

http://ironmaiden.com/thebookofsouls/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Looking forward to this .... unlike some I enjoyed A Matter Of Life and Death and to a slightly lesser extent Final Frontier

RayCon wrote: »
    Looking forward to this .... unlike some I enjoyed A Matter Of Life and Death and to a slightly lesser extent Final Frontier

I'm with you on AMOLAD (great album imo) but I thought the FF was only ok.

Too many songs that took an age to get going that could easily have had a couple of minutes knocked off each. Which is why I'm kind of worried about some of the songs on this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

It could be great - but I was hoping for a more 'economical' approach to the songs especially after some comments from Adrian about needing to write shorter songs after The Final Frontier.

As much as I enjoyed the gig in 2006 (I really liked AMOLAD) doing the whole album in sequence was a bit of a risk so it'll be interesting to see what they do on this tour. Ultimately they'll do what they want regardless of the fans reaction.

Advertisement