Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game, was hesitant with a new director on board, but he has kept the game we love and added a few cool new touches.

Sure he worked on Shadow Tower 1 and 2 so it was always in good hands. Those games are very like Kings Field/Dark Souls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not gonna watch any footage from this point on, as i can already tell it'll be brilliant. Want to go into it not knowing any of the areas.

Roll on 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I think the second beta test is tomorrow at 6 pm for 2 hours. i was working for the last one, so hopefully I can get into this. I got accepted into the beta last time and downloaded it so hopefully I can just play it tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

2smiggy wrote: »
    I think the second beta test is tomorrow at 6 pm for 2 hours. i was working for the last one, so hopefully I can get into this. I got accepted into the beta last time and downloaded it so hopefully I can just play it tomorrow evening

No, the next one is the 27th.

tok9 wrote: »
    No, the next one is the 27th.

ah , must have read it wrong, it might be the NA beta codes coming out at that time.

do you still think I will be able to get into the beta, having already downloaded the beta ?

EDIT: I also see it's starting at 7am Sunday morning (of a bank holiday weekend)

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    ah , must have read it wrong, it might be the NA beta codes coming out at that time.

do you still think I will be able to get into the beta, having already downloaded the beta ?

EDIT: I also see it's starting at 7am Sunday morning (of a bank holiday weekend)

It's 7am! Didn't realise that.. probably won't play the full beta if any so.

If you have it downloaded you'll be fine. You can even open it now and it'll just say the servers aren't active.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just get out of bed at 7 you lazy bastards, you don't go out until sunday night on a bank holiday anyway so you've plenty of time monday for the lie in

just get out of bed at 7 you lazy bastards, you don't go out until sunday night on a bank holiday anyway so you've plenty of time monday for the lie in

Some of us don't have a bank holiday! :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tok9 wrote: »
    Some of us don't have a bank holiday! :P

everybody can have a bank holiday if they just believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

To be honest, I'm not reading/watching anything about this game until release as I want to play it without knowing anything. It was one of the best things about Dark Souls was that there was literally no hand holding what-so-ever and made the experience of discovery and learning during the game all the more satisfying.

All I have indulged so far is one of the developer interviews and a few screenshots and that's me content until release time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

To be honest, I'm not reading/watching anything about this game until release as I want to play it without knowing anything. It was one of the best things about Dark Souls was that there was literally no hand holding what-so-ever and made the experience of discovery and learning during the game all the more satisfying.

All I have indulged so far is one of the developer interviews and a few screenshots and that's me content until release time.

This ^
    I was abit spoiled with Dark Souls since it released in Japan like a week or 2 before EU and there was streams galore and i couldn't help but watch them. Spoiled a few boss fights and areas making them alot easier for me when i actually got to play the game. Will be different this time.

Also for those that have tried the beta, anything to comment on? How does the game feel? Disappointment if any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This ^
    I was abit spoiled with Dark Souls since it released in Japan like a week or 2 before EU and there was streams galore and i couldn't help but watch them. Spoiled a few boss fights and areas making them alot easier for me when i actually got to play the game. Will be different this time.

Also for those that have tried the beta, anything to comment on? How does the game feel? Disappointment if any?

go back a page and you see me fanboy out on how great it is :L

Just a reminder that the next beta test is at 7am tomorrow !! Could be a bit early for me as I'm heading to the pub shortly . But for anyone with ps plus you can download the beta in the 'exclusives' section.

There is the extra hour in bed tomorrow so 7am will be like 8am so I may make some of it. 3 hour beta this time

Anyone play the beta on Sunday?

Had a rough enough weekend so slept through it :P

Played , but could not join or invade any game , they said they will have another beta to make up for it. I was destroyed drunk myself , think I fell asleep before it was over !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I played the first beta, took my time exploring and never even seen either boss. Avoiding everything else till release and have it preordered. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Japanese Box Art

1383118502-dark-souls-ii-jp-ps3.jpg

1.5 hours till bets if anyone interested

Woke up for the last 30 mins of it.

It was the same area of the first beta so not much to say but I did find a secret area which I was happy with. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

I don't know if everyone has seen these but here are some new screenshots of whats to come:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/more-dark-souls-2-collector-s-edition-extras-revealed-by-retailer#slide=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ is that knight armour a default setup? looks badass with a broadsword.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I on't know if any of you are on the dark souls facebook page but they have pics up revealing some of the new covenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I on't know if any of you are on the dark souls facebook page but they have pics up revealing some of the new covenants.

I won't look I won't look! I won't I won't!

Dark Souls cafe opening in Japan: pull up a seat, drink an Etsus Flask
    Dark Souls developer From Software and Tokyo’s Oz Cafe have invaded each other’s worlds to collaborate on a Dark Souls-themed cafe. Thankfully, the food won’t kill you. We think.

Silionera reports that from January 6, 2014 you’ll be able to dine, Dark Souls-style.

Edibles include a plate of Successors of the Sun pasta, mixed with golden tomatoes and bacon. Veggies can wolf down some Butcher’s Sliced Vegetables, and an array of drinks including Estus flasks Soul Spears, and Fireballs.

I really hope the toilets aren’t Blight-Town themed. I hope to bloody christ that’s not the case…

The cafe will expand once Dark Souls 2 launches.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/11/dark-souls-cafe-opens-in-japan-pull-up-a-seat-drink-an-etsus-flask/

Prepare to dine :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Live action teaser released today. Assuming they'll have a full length trailer / feature of this at some point. Doesn't show anything of the game, but i don't care as i can't bloody wait for this.

Taken from Edge
    Plenty of new information of Dark Souls II appeared in this month's EDGE issue:

- Dark Souls II is FROMSOFT biggest game in the studio's history with the development team roughy doubled.

- Miyazaki is closely overseeing development of the game, unlike of what was previously reported.

- Production of the game was split in two, with Yui Tanimura in charge of battle mechanics and gameplay while Tomohiro Shibuya is in charge of world and design.

- The opening cinematic will be available for public sometime in January.

- Members of the Brotherhood of Blood and Blue Sentinels can fight PvP battles within their own Covenants.

- Hints of a new Covenant that will act as a police force hunting down invaders, adding an element of risk on those who seek to prey on weaker players.

- Dark Souls II world is about the same size of Dark Souls, but in regards of how proceeding through the world the player will be given more freedom to choose their decisions.

- Lifegems are being balanced and tuned, number of items in general will be limited to balance the game progression.

- Dark Souls II bosses will not be necessarily bigger than Dark Souls, just more interesting in terms of design and fighting style.

- Feedback from the beta was positive, the results of the test proved that Bamco's servers in Japan have plenty of capacity, though it will likely set up local servers in North America and Europe too.

- The darkness of Huntsman's Copse was a common complaint in the beta, FROM said that they are not going to make any brighter, there will be critical moments where you will be forced to choose between a shield's protection and a torch's vision.

- The team cranked up the difficulty but it's still debating whether it's too hard or too easy.

- Regarding the PC version, Tanimura says the game development is based on PC and they will make sure that the main PC game features are supported.

- Regarding Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions Tanimura said that "We have not put any thought into this yet, so I unfortunately can’t answer at this point."

More details in the magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ All sounds good, the covenant police is interesting, will stop people ganging up on single players in high traffic areas I suppose.

The choosing between brightness or defence is a cool touch, I guess there'll be light casting spells as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They have also mentioned there will be no DLC, didn't they say that about the 1st one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Considering how good Artorias of the Abyss was I'd be perfectly happy with dlc if they kept up the standard

Is the covenant police thing not the same sort of idea as the Darkmoon Blades?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Harps wrote: »
    Considering how good Artorias of the Abyss was I'd be perfectly happy with dlc if they kept up the standard

Is the covenant police thing not the same sort of idea as the Darkmoon Blades?

Maybe it's invading an invader while they're invading. Xzibit style dawg.

Advertisement