Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ballygunner up against it on Sunday I fear. Fingers crossed though.

Yes up against it, but Ballygunner will give it all tomorrow. Has been a tough few months for the club. The Very Best of Luck to Ballygunner tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DLS2THECORE

New Waterford Jersey released in next 48 to 72 hours, think supporters will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Any pics of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DLS2THECORE

Cake Man wrote: »
    Any pics of it?

All will be revealed late Monday or early Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Best of luck today to the Ballygunner club do us (waterford hurling people) proud ,
    with the mahony's out its nothin to lose & all to play for..

Anyone know if game is on TG4???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Best of luck today to the Ballygunner club do us (waterford hurling people) proud ,
    with the mahony's out its nothin to lose & all to play for..

Anyone know if game is on TG4???

Game is being shown on tg4 - deferred though - on just after half 3 I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Ballygunner have the measure of them...piarsigh v.poor on usage of the ball

Piarsigh some turn around....game over already (hope I'm wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

New Waterford Jersey released in next 48 to 72 hours, think supporters will be happy

I'll only be happy once they ditch that azzuri crowd. For 15 years weve had to endure this cheap looking training type gear while most other counties have class o'neills stuff. God some of the kits weve had are awful. Especially the year we won the minor all ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    I'll only be happy once they ditch that azzuri crowd. For 15 years weve had to endure this cheap looking training type gear while most other counties have class o'neills stuff. God some of the kits weve had are awful. Especially the year we won the minor all ireland

always taught the azzuri gear was fine the jersey was descent and from an outsider looking in it represents the strength of waterford hurling in the last 15 years ,and no matter how bad the track suites looked they did still win the all ireland

• Advertisement

Given that azzurrai are a Waterford company it'll be a long while before that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I've liked some of the Azzurri kits, not liked others. The 2015 model, I do not like. Bottom line though, I think the County Board should be applauded for supporting a local business providing local jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

I like our jerseys and it's a local factory so as long as they're not taking the p1ss in fleecing the county board we should use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Munster Senior Football QF- Waterford vs Tipperary- Sun 29 May 2016 - Fraher Field Dungarvan

Munster Senior Hurling Semi Final 2016- Waterford vs Clare- Sun 05 June 2016 Thurles

according to the gaa master fixtures 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

A dog walker was found dead in the Phoenix Park this morning
    Gardai found the dog, but as yet, they have no lead

deiseach wrote: »
    I've liked some of the Azzurri kits, not liked others. The 2015 model, I do not like. Bottom line though, I think the County Board should be applauded for supporting a local business providing local jobs.

I can see that side of it.

Just never liked their kits from the start. The one we won the 04 Munster final in was ugly, the one we won the minor All Ireland in was horrendous. There was one I did like when we won the 2010 Munster final where Dan got the goal in extra time was quite nice, but its gone downhill since then again. Cant please us all I suppose but the initial O'Neill's stuff from when we 'broke through' in 98 up until 02 before we changed to Azzuri was so much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

All will be revealed late Monday or early Tuesday

Any word on why it's been delayed?

What's the deal with a school teacher looking after a harty cup team & the county minor manager (whatever his name is) both putting young lads under immense pressure to choose one against the other?? young lads have enough on their plate without that carry on. Some managers only care about their own CV and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Dickler

What's the deal with a school teacher looking after a harty cup team & the county minor manager (whatever his name is) both putting young lads under immense pressure to choose one against the other?? young lads have enough on their plate without that carry on. Some managers only care about their own CV and nothing else.

I don't know.
    What is the deal? Which school?

Congratulations Maurice Shanahan on winning hurler of the year. What a man. The way he stepped up to the plate after Pauric Mahony got injured he was absolutely phenomenal for us and with all due respect to Mahony it turns out he wasnt really missed at all. Given where Maurice bounced back from the year before he was in a low place both on and off the field this is a fantastic achievement. No doubt his brother Dan had a big influence on him as he too was a late bloomer in his career and grew to be a top player after dealing with a lot of adversity earlier in his career. Undoubtedly they will be disappointed with how Lismore finished up relegated but Maurice can be very proud after his year and a credit to himself his club, his family and county. Weldone Maurice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭seananigans

Congratulations Maurice Shanahan on winning hurler of the year. What a man. The way he stepped up to the plate after Pauric Mahony got injured he was absolutely phenomenal for us and with all due respect to Mahony it turns out he wasnt really missed at all. Given where Maurice bounced back from the year before he was in a low place both on and off the field this is a fantastic achievement. No doubt his brother Dan had a big influence on him as he too was a late bloomer in his career and grew to be a top player after dealing with a lot of adversity earlier in his career. Undoubtedly they will be disappointed with how Lismore finished up relegated but Maurice can be very proud after his year and a credit to himself his club, his family and county. Weldone Maurice.

Pauric was missed terribly, thankfully we have a panel of players who are all decent , gone are the days if eoin kelly or mullane were having a hissy fit we would lose the game

Pauric was missed terribly, thankfully we have a panel of players who are all decent , gone are the days if eoin kelly or mullane were having a hissy fit we would lose the game

Of course, what I meant was that after paudie got injured people said there was no one to step up and lead the attack. Not many expected Maurice to step in and have the year he had. Will be interesting to see where Mahony fits in when he returns as Maurice is very mu h the main man now

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

Of course, what I meant was that after paudie got injured people said there was no one to step up and lead the attack. Not many expected Maurice to step in and have the year he had. Will be interesting to see where Mahony fits in when he returns as Maurice is very mu h the main man now

Fits in? They play in two completely different positions. Mahoney will go straight back in centre forward. Maurice will stay full. I do wonder do some people on here actually know what they are talking about. Just cause Maurice took over the frees does not mean that he replaced Mahony in any other way

Fits in? They play in two completely different positions. Mahoney will go straight back in centre forward. Maurice will stay full. I do wonder do some people on here actually know what they are talking about. Just cause Maurice took over the frees does not mean that he replaced Mahony in any other way

In fairness before Mahoney got injured shanahan wouldn't have been a gaurenteed starter even.....he was pure phonemonal all year
    It would be hard to justify taking the frees off him again IMO

Though a forward line with both is an interestin prospect :)
    The forward line was built around Mahoney for the league last year(similar to shefflin and kk)...I was worried when he got injured as I taught the forwards would struggle and didn't rate shanahan on frees enough....glad I was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭seananigans

In fairness before Mahoney got injured shanahan wouldn't have been a gaurenteed starter even.....he was pure phonemonal all year
    It would be hard to justify taking the frees off him again IMO

Though a forward line with both is an interestin prospect :)
    The forward line was built around Mahoney for the league last year(similar to shefflin and kk)...I was worried when he got injured as I taught the forwards would struggle and didn't rate shanahan on frees enough....glad I was wrong

I always assumed he was taken off frees as it was too much pressure ,he was expected to win matches onn his own and when it didnt happen, im not surprised he took a turn .

I have no probs with his free taking ability, on one hand it can get his confidence up early and lead to his out the field play being better, on the other its a lot of responsiblity

What I mean is that Mahony, like shanahan is much more influential to a team when he's on the frees. You make the positioning sound as if we play an orthodox 6 man forward line. Did you not watch us last year yourself? Maurice spent the year roaming between the half forward line and a 2 man full forward line. Not saying both cant play together all I'm saying is it will be intersting to see a forwatd line with both lads on top of their game as said above Maurice was hardly a starter before Paudie got injured as imo Maurice struggles for confidence when hes not leading the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

for the munster semi final next year barring injury etc my team would be

1 SOK

2 S Fives
    3 B Coughlan
    4 N Connors

5 T De Burca
    6 A Gleeson
    7 Philip Mahony

8 K Moran
    9 J Barron

10 T Devine
    11 Pauric Mahony
    12 P Curran

13 M Shannahan
    14 Shane Bennett
    15 C Dunford

Brick, S Daniels, SOS, Stephen Bennett, Jake Dillion impact subs

any news on the panel for 2016 ???

PTH2009 wrote: »

1 SOK

2 S Fives
    3 B Coughlan
    4 N Connors

5 T De Burca
    6 A Gleeson
    7 Philip Mahony

8 K Moran
    9 J Barron

10 T Devine
    11 Pauric Mahony
    12 P Curran

13 M Shannahan
    14 Shane Bennett
    15 C Dunford

I heard a few weeks back that Steven Daniels is taking a year out from the County team for 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

Congrats to Clonmel Commercials yesterday on winning Munster Club Football. Especially Seamus Kennedy and Jason Lonergan. Seamus lives in the Nire and his mum played for Waterford and Ballymac ladies while Jason played most of his underage football with The Nire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

PTH2009 wrote: »

1 SOK

2 S Fives
    3 B Coughlan
    4 N Connors

5 T De Burca
    6 A Gleeson
    7 Philip Mahony

8 K Moran
    9 J Barron

10 T Devine
    11 Pauric Mahony
    12 P Curran

13 M Shannahan
    14 Shane Bennett
    15 C Dunford

Any particular reason for wanting to see Tadhg moved from centre back? Gleeson has so much to offer going forward which can be done more easily as a wing back at this time. Obviously there is the option to move him further forward also.
    I would think that forward line is a little too inexperienced. I would like to see Shane Tom and Patrick getting plenty action in the league, they could all make big impacts the coming year.
    Taking Bricks experience, ball winning and ability to bring others into the game would be foolish I think. He is exceptional at bringing others into the game. I would also have Maurice as the full forward.
    It's all a long way off but interesting times ahead all the same.
    If Darragh Fives is fit I'd move Gleeson up front I think, some quality options when all are available. If Coughlan struggled in league could move Shane Fives in one and Darragh corner possibly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement