Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers: Age of Ultron [** SPOILERS FROM POST 599 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gintonious wrote: »
    Who's the floating person in the back with the cape?

Vision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭macslash

I don't see Falcon there..Is he in this??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

macslash wrote: »

Don't know. Might make a cameo but he won't be one of the main Avengers.

He will be the same as War Machine/Iron Patriot he won't be involved in The Avengers movies would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

He will be the same as War Machine/Iron Patriot he won't be involved in The Avengers movies would be my guess.

Iron Patriot's confirmed to have some role in this, probably a cameo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 buckybarnes

Yep! Anthony Mackie was confirmed to appear in this movie a few weeks ago. As much as I hate to admit it, I doubt he'll have a huge role but he's definitely going to be in it.
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    Iron Patriot's confirmed to have some role in this, probably a cameo.

Rhodey was seen in the teaser released at Comic-Con this weekend, so he's at least going to appear in the domestic scenes at Stark/Avengers tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Are there any stills from the footage they showed at CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buckybarnes

Are there any stills from the footage they showed at CC?

There were stills released a little while before the con, but apart from that there's just a bunch of descriptions of what happens going around and the audio from the trailer is available on YouTube at the moment. As of yet, there's been no video or even stills uploaded as far as I'm aware. The only thing that Marvel seems to have released publicly is the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Looks legit, and jarringly faithful. I'm not sure if that look will play out well on screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

after guardians of the galaxy ive no probem with thinking them capable of pulling that off.

i came out of that thinking they could actually pull off a rogue trooper film now. if it was DC/WB i'd be crapping meself though !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

after guardians of the galaxy ive no probem with thinking them capable of pulling that off.

i came out of that thinking they could actually pull off a rogue trooper film now. if it was DC/WB i'd be crapping meself though !

They'll be fine, they have Aquaman ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

FunLover18 wrote: »
    They'll be fine, they have Aquaman ;)

dont-mess-with-aquaman_o_457653.webp

First trailer to air during Agents of Shield next week.
    If the fact that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been a much better show since the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier wasn’t enough incentive for lapsed viewers to give the show another try, Marvel has just provided another big incentive to tune in next week.

After tonight’s “A Hen in the Wolf House” episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel announced that a trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron will air during next week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The “A Fractured House” episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs on Tuesday, October 28, 2014.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/22/avengers-age-of-ultron-trailer-to-air-during-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Marvel have responded to the trailer leaking early by releasing it themselves, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The best thing about this film could be James Spader's voice. Great choice for Ultron.

The trailer is fine, nothing special. The one thing I disliked about Avengers, and it seems to be showing it again in this trailer, is the way they force feed the images of them together as a group. They have to show countless shots of them all together, much more than is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Can i ask, why do people get excited about these type of films? Just noticed a lot of hype about that trailer with comments of "OMFG"..."Mind Blown" etc etc. Certainly nothing mindblowing from the trailer so what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Im glad I was sitting down when I watched that, fcuk me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Im glad I was sitting down when I watched that, fcuk me!!!!

Why, incase you fell asleep? That was ordinary enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Nothing in particular to get excited about other than looking like Spader is going to steal the show. I'd like to think they're going to go all the way over the next few films and make Stark the enemy buy I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That was awesome. Spader sounds great, Ultron looks like a great villain. Cool creepy music over the trailer too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Cinematography seems improved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, I mean if we're talking about the ability of a (Marvel) trailer to get the blood pumping and eyebrows raised, I found Guardians of the Galaxy a much more individual and exciting effort; certainly more memorable anyway. That trailer above was just a series of headshots and portentous dialogue, completely randomly edited and nothing special.

I do hope Ultron is genuinely written as a proper foe this time, too many of the Marvel movies give lip service to their adversaries. And if I see one more magical McGuffin, I may just scream :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Bacchus wrote: »
    That was awesome. Spader sounds great, Ultron looks like a great villain. Cool creepy music over the trailer too :)

Yeah his voice sounds a bit like a cross between The joker and Bryan Cranston

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Agreed - Spader's stole the show in that trailer for me....I particularly liked the final shot of Ultron "but there are no strings on me"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I think most people are excited because it's another Marvel movie.

Marvel has had a fantastic track record with their comic book adaptations as of late, so people obviously want more.

I for one can't wait, Spader is gonna make Ultron his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭macslash

Looks good!! Was that Thor lying down with Captain America's broken shield??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Looks good!! Was that Thor lying down with Captain America's broken shield??

You reckon they're alluding to some sort of Brokeback Mountain storyline there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1414042402877_Image_galleryImage_Marvel_s_Avengers_Age_of_.JPG

1414042509311_Image_galleryImage_Marvel_s_Avengers_Age_of_.JPG

1414042332835_Image_galleryImage_Marvel_s_Avengers_Age_of_.JPG

1414042387321_Image_galleryImage_Marvel_s_Avengers_Age_of_.JPG

Advertisement