Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 5 Transfers.

Options

Comments

He was a touch fortunate with both the goal and assist alright, but he was the best player on the pitch. Could have had another two assists If others had brought their shooting boots.

Plus he's already gone up .1 this week, when most players will wait until the end of the week to make their transfer. I reckon he's a cert to go up again, at least another .1.

Add in the fact that ramsey plays city next week while adm has leicester, and you can see why people might make the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

djPSB wrote: »
    Thoughts on Rooney?

For me, Rooney is a much better prospect now than during the first few games. Due to crap midfield support Rooney often had to drop deep to pick up the ball which limited his attacking prowess. With excellent support behind him now, his attacking returns will be much improved. The amount of forward passes from the new united midfield was quite telling. Considering that he had a poor overall game, he still got a goal and assist so there is room for improvement and bigger returns. Falcao sniffing down his neck will be extra incentive to perform. Before now he was undroppable which can create complacency but it's no longer the case and every united forward has to fight for their place.

In addition Rooney's ability to play as a 9 and a 10 as well as being team captain means he is the most nailed on of any United forward therefore i would have him in my team for now ahead of Falcao until Falcao's place is more assured.

Fixtures will toughen up for United but Rooney is well worth a place for another couple of weeks at least. RVP, Falcao and Mata are now the rotation risks imo with 2 of out 3 of the aforementioned players being on the pitch at the same time.
    He was a touch fortunate with both the goal and assist alright, but he was the best player on the pitch. Could have had another two assists If others had brought their shooting boots.

Plus he's already gone up .1 this week, when most players will wait until the end of the week to make their transfer. I reckon he's a cert to go up again, at least another .1.

Add in the fact that ramsey plays city next week while adm has leicester, and you can see why people might make the switch.

Agree with this. He did have a great overall game and will get plenty of assists over the season but i don't expect him to score too much. ADM becoming too expensive is a good reason to jump on now. I also think that Ramsey to ADM is not a bad call. I'm still not convinced that Ramsey is a good long term pick. For me the only 3 nailed on options in anyones midfield should be Siggy, Fabregas and Boyd(bench fodder). Then it's a case of 2 from ADM/Hazard/Ramsey/Sanchez/Mata/Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Villa away is next week. Spurs and Chelsea afterwards though so not the easiest schedule

Brainfart on my behalf. They played city this week, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Villa away is next week. Spurs and Chelsea afterwards though so not the easiest schedule

Ramsey just always seems to get points. He's not even playing well but he's had returns of 10,9,2 and 5 in the opening 4 games. He can be easily shipped out for other premium mids as theyre all around the same price but he just always seems to get returns so I wouldn't be in any rush to offload no matter who he is playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    For me, Rooney is a much better prospect now than during the first few games. Due to crap midfield support Rooney often had to drop deep to pick up the ball which limited his attacking prowess. With excellent support behind him now, his attacking returns will be much improved. The amount of forward passes from the new united midfield was quite telling. Considering that he had a poor overall game, he still got a goal and assist so there is room for improvement and bigger returns. Falcao sniffing down his neck will be extra incentive to perform. Before now he was undroppable which can create complacency but it's no longer the case and every united forward has to fight for their place.

In addition Rooney's ability to play as a 9 and a 10 as well as being team captain means he is the most nailed on of any United forward therefore i would have him in my team for now ahead of Falcao until Falcao's place is more assured.

Fixtures will toughen up for United but Rooney is well worth a place for another couple of weeks at least. RVP, Falcao and Mata are now the rotation risks imo with 2 of out 3 of the aforementioned players being on the pitch at the same time.

Agree with this. He did have a great overall game and will get plenty of assists over the season but i don't expect him to score too much. ADM becoming too expensive is a good reason to jump on now. I also think that Ramsey to ADM is not a bad call. I'm still not convinced that Ramsey is a good long term pick. For me the only 3 nailed on options in anyones midfield should be Siggy, Fabregas and Boyd(bench fodder). Then it's a case of 2 from ADM/Hazard/Ramsey/Sanchez/Mata/Sterling.

Id agree with most of this and Id add silva to your list of other mids. Silva created 3 one on ones and missed a good chance himself at the weekend and got 2 pts. Fine margins in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Seriously considerin a -12 to get di maria in

jive wrote: »
    Ramsey just always seems to get points. He's not even playing well but he's had returns of 10,9,2 and 5 in the opening 4 games. He can be easily shipped out for other premium mids as theyre all around the same price but he just always seems to get returns so I wouldn't be in any rush to offload no matter who he is playing.

Same, although he would probably be my mid to transfer out if ADM somehow becomes "essential."

Id agree with most of this and Id add silva to your list of other mids. Silva created 3 one on ones and missed a good chance himself at the weekend and got 2 pts. Fine margins in this game.

Good point, Silva should definitely be in the mix, especially if he gets more games in the support role behind the striker.

We really are spoilt for choice in the forwards and midfield this year. It looks like a cheap defense is the way to go, hence why i tossed Debuchy out on his arse last week (thankfully) and Terry this week. 5.3m in the bank now so i can pretty much upgrade anywhere on the pitch i wish. Could even go Wanyama to ADM if i was so inclined :D

Dropping Pieters to Wilson, i could even go Naismith to Falcao :eek:

Seriously considerin a -12 to get di maria in

Is your wildcard played already. If so it is insanity to take a -12 just to bring ADM in unless there is an extended strategy at play.

The very notion is the epitome of a "knee jerk"

• Advertisement

We really are spoilt for choice in the forwards and midfield this year. It looks like a cheap defense is the way to go, hence why i tossed Debuchy out on his arse last week (thankfully) and Terry this week. 5.3m in the bank now so i can pretty much upgrade anywhere on the pitch i wish. Could even go Wanyama to ADM if i was so inclined :D

A lot can change in the next three weeks, but my current plan is to get Baines in for GW8 with the rest of my defence 5.0m and under. I have 6.3m in the bank :P

Same, although he would probably be my mid to transfer out if ADM somehow becomes "essential."

Yeh, I don't see ADM becoming essential though. United's performance was good but QPR were absolutely dreadful, United won't have an easier game this year. I have Rooney but won't be going near any other United players to be honest based on what we've seen for the last 4 weeks.

Silva has been getting 90 mins consistently and City don't play a top4 team for 16 gameweeks after Chelsea this weekend; at £0.6m less (at present, ADM might go up and Silva may actually go down) I reckon he will outscore ADM this year. I actually rate ADM higher than Silva, just not in fantasy returns! Seems daft to be posting this given he's blanked in the last 3 games but he's not playing badly and City's fixtures will be much softer than their opening 5 games.

As a side note, Hazard is rightly doing my head in. Playing superbly, getting fack all returns!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Confusing football and fantasy football is a dangerous game.

Fantasy football is about points gained by players, Silva has performed poorly and so has Hazard this season in ff terms.

I'd fancy ADM to score as good if not better than those two over the season as he is not a rotation risk in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Is your wildcard played already. If so it is insanity to take a -12 just to bring ADM in unless there is an extended strategy at play.

The very notion is the epitome of a "knee jerk"

Yeah wildcard played. The extended strategy is to win my league and maybe a bold move like that could see me climb the table .currently in 3rd and the leader has di maria. At least if i have him that cancels out any points the leader might gain to get even further ahead. then rely on a captains picks. Id have a midfield and front two of ramsey mata di maria fabregas
    Costa and rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

dahat wrote: »

Fantasy football is about points gained by players, Silva has performed poorly and so has Hazard this season in ff terms.

I'd fancy ADM to score as good if not better than those two over the season as he is not a rotation risk in any way.

Silva and Hazard are hardly rotation risks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Silva and Hazard are hardly rotation risks though.

They will be when the games pile up for both clubs, Hazard less than Silva imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chambers looks a good prospect now for next few months
    God I regret my wildcard so much now :(
    I have exact amount for Balotelli to costa after costa rose last night
    Chelsea don't play till weds .........he is going to rise before that isn't he .....

km79 wrote: »
    Chelsea don't play till weds .........he is going to rise before that isn't he .....

It's a roll of the dice when he will go up but Balotelli to Costa is a no brainer if you have the funds. Costa has proved that he is a must have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

I'm going to hold off and let the dust from United's performance settle. I have Rooney and he's enough for now.

My team for next weekend is:

Krul
    Annholt Duff Taylor
    Fabregas Sterling Ramsey Sigurdsson
    Aguero Costa Rooney
    Elliott, Hutton, Moore, Isgrove.

I can't see any transfer jumping out at me so I'll sit on it.

Not immediately Chambers doesn't. Arsenal have yet to keep a clean sheet and play Villa away followed by Spurs (home) and Chelsea (away). I don't see much clean sheet potential in their next three.

Their fixtures then improve from GW8 onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pipjam wrote: »
    Not immediately Chambers doesn't. Arsenal have yet to keep a clean sheet and play Villa away followed by Spurs (home) and Chelsea (away). I don't see much clean sheet potential in their next three.

That's true I suppose but If I had him I'd play him villa away or sure
    What are people's thoughts on costa ? Likely to rise before weds ? Don't want to sign him and he get injured BUT don't want to miss out on him either

That's true I suppose but If I had him I'd play him villa away or sure
    What are people's thoughts on costa ? Likely to rise before weds ? Don't want to sign him and he get injured BUT don't want to miss out on him either

Duff from Burnley at 4.0 and Moore from Leicester are great options. Both have got a number of their tougher games out of the way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Pipjam wrote: »

I'm counting on Chambers also being an attacking threat as a full back.

dahat wrote: »

If a player is on form the points will come. Hazard is a 200 points per season player, I'd be very surprised if ADM gets near him. City will have played the other 3 teams from the top4 in their opening 5 game weeks, I wouldn't be too worried about Silva's points returns over 5 weeks when it's a 38 week game. The issue with Silva is his injury troubles, but given he's started and finished 3 of the first 4 games i'd happily put him in my team. Neither are rotation risks and Hazard will be on penalties this season (whereas Lampard was up until this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Monreal is supposed to have an injury now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Monreal is supposed to have an injury now.

Hard to know if these injuries are an opportunity for an easy way into the Arsenal defence at a good price, or if it means that their defence will ultimately weaken their defence meaning it's a bit pointless getting one of their defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking of playing wildcard now as ive made a really good start but want to take advantage of certain areas.

c03d34bc437001237f1f7313fefa74ef.png

How does this look ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭pah

Thinking of playing wildcard now as ive made a really good start but want to take advantage of certain areas.

c03d34bc437001237f1f7313fefa74ef.png

How does this look ??
    Great, stealing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

5.6 on Shawcross is something I wouldn't have personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

5.6 on Shawcross is something I wouldn't have personally

I'm not sure about stoke but he's normally a solid defender trying to think have a better option.

Advertisement