The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 411 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-10-2014, 22:35   #6151
Sarannewrap
Meow

No one has claimed the lost kitten still so she is off to live with my mam on Monday. I would love to keep her but she seems to be bullying Luna a bit as she is a bit bigger than her, and I cant really afford a 4th cat. My mam only lives 10 minutes away and I will be on babysitting duty for her so Its not so bad. I know she is going to be spoilt rotten
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 00:28   #6152
ferretone

Training class went brilliant tonight! Our walking on leash has come on a ton since last week, when she was still inclined to be lunging and bouncing a lot with all the excitement of the other doggies. She walked really calmly on a loose lead tonight. I was so pleased with her, and so was our trainer: that was the most excited I've seen her get about an improvement in one of her pupils I've given up trying to do any actual walking her on the lead, just doing the practising, and keeping it rewarding for her, and it is really paying off.

Her other work is coming on very well too, but she was always good at the other things. Just for the lead thing she's been the class clown all along, the most impetuous and bouncy dog in the class. Well to be fair, there is only one other pup as young as she is, and Molly is one of those tiny model dogs, a cav/maltese cross, who is adorable, but quite a quiet little thing, apparently does not even chew things at home at all! The upside from our point of view is that Nyssa is much easier to get engaged with a toy with me than Molly is for her owner. I'm very pleased with Nyssa tonight anyway
Yesterday, 00:55   #6153
Pumpkinseeds

Sometimes I could just scream at people. I just saw a facebook page post about a 4 month old kitten that had gotten lost, thankfully he was found within a few hours, by someone who instantly put him on a free to good home site The kitten belongs to someone I refused our foster kitten to last year. I fecking knew she wouldn't have a clue how to look after it. By the looks of the pictures and what she said to me last year, the kitten is for her toddler daughter, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out for the kitten.

It was only last week that I was trying to persuade someone else that 5 months old was too young to be letting a kitten out, I got a load of abuse for that effort. What pisses me off is that I can tell that the people who have those kittens wanted a pet for the kids and they decided on a kitten since house training and walking a puppy was too much of a hassle and they still believe you can dump a cat outdoors when you don't want it around and it'll look after itself.
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 00:56   #6154
ferretone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingItOut View Post
Definitely! I don't know about the clever thing yet, she's had a lot of ditzy moments But she definitely has a strong personality
Aw, all the best with her. She does sound like a lot of fun, at the least And I think ditzy moments just go with being young really

Oh, and tell me about strong personalities! We have certainly got one around here too. I think if you work with them, and get them so engaged they think you are the most exciting thing there is, those do turn out the most rewarding dogs to own, though. I hope both of ours do anyway
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 01:14   #6155
ferretone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinseeds View Post
Sometimes I could just scream at people. I just saw a facebook page post about a 4 month old kitten that had gotten lost, thankfully he was found within a few hours, by someone who instantly put him on a free to good home site The kitten belongs to someone I refused our foster kitten to last year. I fecking knew she wouldn't have a clue how to look after it. By the looks of the pictures and what she said to me last year, the kitten is for her toddler daughter, so it'll be interesting to see how that works out for the kitten.

It was only last week that I was trying to persuade someone else that 5 months old was too young to be letting a kitten out, I got a load of abuse for that effort. What pisses me off is that I can tell that the people who have those kittens wanted a pet for the kids and they decided on a kitten since house training and walking a puppy was too much of a hassle and they still believe you can dump a cat outdoors when you don't want it around and it'll look after itself.
Ouch, I can't believe those people either I must say you show admirable restraint. I don't think I'd manage much more than telling them their are any number of stuffed toys available for their small kids to play with, maybe call me in 10 years when their family is ready to give proper care to a live animal, and hang up!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 09:29   #6156
tk123

I got a lovely new tug for Lucy since she doesn't really want treats at class. Quick 5 min session yesterday and with 20-30 seconds of tug between exercises... and the tug ripped!! Does that make it not fit for purpose?! I could understand if I'd let her run off and play with it but it was in my hand the whole time!

In other news... I moved Bailey's crate a couple of weeks ago. He was unsettled with it under the window with fireworks etc going off so I moved it around from the end of the bed(where Lucy would sleep against it some times) to the side of the bed. Since I moved it he's jumping up on the bed beside Lucy at night for his treat and stays there for a few hours - I find this funny because he hasn't got on the bed at night since Lucy started sleeping on it. Now he's right beside me at night in the crate so I'm guessing he likes being near Lucy more than he makes out lol!!! Lucy is delighted with the new sleeping arrangements and will squeeze in as close as she can without crowding him and making him get up!
Yesterday, 15:16   #6157
Pumpkinseeds

I just came home to find Toby snoozing on the throw cushion from the back of the armchair he sleeps on, that's a first. It must've fallen down when he got up and I didn't know whether to put it back upright when he got up or to leave it alone in case he likes it like that now.
Today, 00:42   #6158
adrenalinjunkie

Just posted on facebook asking if anyone could tell me where to buy raw chicken wings and got a lecture by PM telling me that dogs cannot digest chicken bones and they will stick in him and he'll need an expensive operation to get them removed. This from someone who was trying to sell docked Jack Russell puppies on facebook last year and deleted my comments on the post and blocked me for a while after it.
Today, 10:44   #6159
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunkie View Post
Just posted on facebook asking if anyone could tell me where to buy raw chicken wings and got a lecture by PM telling me that dogs cannot digest chicken bones and they will stick in him and he'll need an expensive operation to get them removed. This from someone who was trying to sell docked Jack Russell puppies on facebook last year and deleted my comments on the post and blocked me for a while after it.
My friend has a FB page for baking/craft business and is always getting PMs like that. Like one time she had a photo of a loaf of bread and said for her there was nothing like real butter - she was reprimanded by PM saying people in her position shouldn't post stuff like that because it's unhealthy etc etc Now none of the PM's are from people who like her page so she thinks they're competitors!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion