Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Girl [Fox - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lake Bell, Natasha Lyonne and Katie Cassidy have signed up for guest roles
    Woooooah, forgot that chick even existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Fan then?....suspected you guys actually watched that show ;)
    i dont really like anyone with the last name wayans, but TBF to the guy he was the best caracter in the pilot, i dont understand why they didnt just reshoot the pilot with the guy coming in next week,

also is the new guy gonna be coach, or is he gonna be a different person, he down as winston on the IMDB page,

not really a shock in my book, i watch one and a half seasons of glee, and then just stopped, not a common thing for me to do, the show took a major dive in quality, it done in 5 episodes what took heroes two season to do,

don ramo wrote: »
    i dont really like anyone with the last name wayans, but TBF to the guy he was the best caracter in the pilot, i dont understand why they didnt just reshoot the pilot with the guy coming in next week,

also is the new guy gonna be coach, or is he gonna be a different person, he down as winston on the IMDB page,

The new guy is gonna be a completely different character, all will be explained in the next episode.

technically they should rename the show to "The Newish Girl and the Even Newer Guy".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fan then?....suspected you guys actually watched that show ;)

i was a big fan of My Wife and Kids. There's also a fairly unknown movie called Bulletproof starring Damon Wayans and Adam Sandler which is hugely underrated. The rest of the Wayans bros, I don't rate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

To be fair he's not a Wayan's bro, he's the son of a Wayan's bro. Damon's son to be exact.

Richard was making a Make It or Break It related joke.

Sheeeeeesh....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm out lads, ep. 2 was just terrible!...no laughs, the new [black] guy....crap!, Wayans Jnr. is badly missed. I said right away i'm not a fan of Zooey, i find her annoying....her quirky oddball "i'm sooo kooky" act she does in everything she appears in annoys me.

There was zero laughs in ep. 2, i can't be arsed giving it a chance...my gut is usually right, and my gut is telling me to bail [i'm close to this feeling on 2 Broke Girls and Ringer].

I thought episode 2 was good - show still has potential. I think it's paired well with Raising Hope

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I don't know, I quite enjoyed the 2nd episode. Zooey is great and has excellent comedic timing. Winston is very quiet and not the same "type" of character as Wayans Jr., but perhaps he'll find his stride.

I only see this show improving - this is almost a second pilot IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really enjoyed the 2nd episode.. definitely the most promising of the "comedies" (along with "Up All Night" which had a much better second episode).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

'Girl made a lot of jam, Spence'

This show is actually pretty good, both episodes had plenty of laugh-out-loud moments for me. Sure, it's not perfect, but given time it could evolve into something great.

Schmidt's been the star of the show so far.. but it's a good supporting cast to be honest!

tumblr_ls7njvnfaw1qmwltp.gif
    "Schmidt happens!"

tumblr_ls7nmfsjDh1qmwltp.gif
    "What's that on your hand? THUMB RING BITCH!"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its a hit! Full season ahoy....
    FOX has ordered an additional 11 episodes of the hit comedy NEW GIRL, bringing the series to a 24-episode season order, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/09/28/fox-moves-in-with-new-girl-for-a-full-season-pickup-333312/20110928fox01/

Nice.. first new show to get a full season methinks!

Wahey, Zooey can do no wrong.

I'd like to see how much of this show is scripted. Because I'd imagine writing for Zooey wouldn't be the easiest of tasks.

I liked it a lot. Although who ever said it's like a second pilot is spot on. I really hope it starts to move away from the premise they've used for both episodes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just watched both episodes there. They were grand - not amazing, but what series ever is at the beginning? Kinda crap that Damon Wayans Jr couldn't stay on, I really liked his character (and he is the IMAGE of his dad, omg!).

I've a feeling there's going to be a possible romance between Jess and Nick... It just seems like they were setting it up a bit in those episodes. I hope it won't be a focus point of the series though, because it could maybe ruin it.

nice to see they didnt bring back the jar, shows there moving forward and not dwelling on pointless jokes that stop being funny very fast,

bar the song at the start (sung by zooey) which is a bit cringeworthy, its looking like it can be a good show,

when she brought her exs new girlfriend to the airport it wasnt really funny, but when she came home and told the guys it just seemed halarious, the way she just clicked how very wrong it was, i wonder if she collected her :confused::D

I think Schmidt could easily be this year's Burt Chance (Raising Hope)/Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)/Pierce Hawthorne (Community)/Sheldon Cooper (TBBT)/Barney Stinson (HIMYM).
    Can't think of any characters in any of the other new sitcoms that could come close to landing a place in the TV Comedy Wall of Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭squonk

I watched the first two episodes of New Girl the other night. It's got Zoe Deschanelle in it. I really have to say I enjoyed it. The one thing I found a bit weird was that in episode 2 when they introduced the new cast member, I found myself wondering did they dump another one?

Either way though, it's very quirky and if you like zoe Deschanelle in general, you'll love this! I'm very pleased so far!

• Advertisement

Merged with existing 'New Girl' thread..
    squonk wrote: »
    I found myself wondering did they dump another one?
    .. and this is answered up further! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Just watched episode 3, really enjoyed it (so it'll probably get cancelled in the next couple of weeks). Big improvement & the cast are really coming together.

iMax wrote: »
    (so it'll probably get cancelled in the next couple of weeks).
    See few posts up.. it got a full season.

Oh man, the 3rd episode was effing hilarious. Zooey was insane and brilliant. Love seeing the waitress as Caroline too!

Zooey looked hot too, so there's a bonus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Only watched the first episode, thought it was alright. Nothing fantastic but not having a laugh-track really does massively increase my enjoyment of a comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Love seeing the waitress as Caroline too!
    *That's* who she was... Was driving me nuts

She's the image of an ex of mine, always feel a little "uncomfortable" when she's on screen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭squonk

episode 3 was fantastic! I'm hoping this is the way of it from now on and that the show has gotten into it's stride!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Oh man, the 3rd episode was effing hilarious. Zooey was insane and brilliant. Love seeing the waitress as Caroline too!

Huh?.....Beth Behr guest starred on NG as a waitress called Caroline?

Huh?.....Beth Behr guest starred on NG as a waitress called Caroline?
    Nah, the waitress from the far superior 'Always Sunny' guest starred.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Nah, the waitress from the far superior 'Always Sunny' guest starred.
    Couldn't think of her name, but it's Mary Elizabeth Ellis.

Advertisement