Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 920 unlocked €260~ delivered @ Tesco UK

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

or collect at Newry store

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fantastic price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Tried buying a phone from tesco uk last December using parcel motel and it was cancelled took 10 days to get refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Sounds quite tempting! Is this the kind of phone that any Tesco stores in the North would have in stock? I'm up that way tomorrow and might pick one up. Was gonna wait for 1020, but other than camera is there anything major I'd be missing out on with this one? Certainly seems like this phone would be a good upgrade from my 800. Can't find a stock checker or anything on the Tesco website...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Was half thinking of moving to Win phone to get away from google who piss me off more every day.
    But I dont know if I could handle having to use IE every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Price is matched by Amazon.co.uk free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,920 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Lumia 920 €250
    iPhone 5s €699

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

got the 520 few months back and love it, much nicer than android for normal daily use. nice big screen too, feels like a much more expensive phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mgadget wrote: »
    Hmmm. Amazon saying dispatched in 3-5 weeks - Hope we're not in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

There was 6 in stock when I posted the link. Hopefully there will be more in soon.
    Hmmm. Amazon saying dispatched in 3-5 weeks - Hope we're not in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Showing ;270 now.

Edit -linking to a 3rd party seller. Still £220 from Amazon with the wait time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

adox wrote: »
    Showing ;270 now.
    If you click on "30 New" below the Show Product details link, the £220 one is visible - but dispatches on 13-14 October.

Sorry to ask again but can't find answer via Google or Tesco website and will be in that direction tomorrow. Anyone know for pricier mobiles like this and Tesco Direct do stores keep stock of these too or is it order in and collect only?

Back in stock with Tesco now and code TDX-PWG3 reduces price to £ 200 (just under € 240).

Edit Amazon have also price-matched by the looks of things with the red model (click the Amazon link as seller on the right), but it's a 2-4 weeks wait....

I wonder if this price is going to fall a good bit further before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

How does this phone compare to the likes of HTC 1, S4, Iphone5 etc?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The Guvnor wrote: »
    How does this phone compare to the likes of HTC 1, S4, Iphone5 etc?

I went from a HTC 8X to a Samsung S4, and I have to say the 8X is better in almost every regard. The S4 has a worse camera, it's generally stuttery and slower doing everything and can be buggy at times. The WP8 OS is simply awesome, lightning fast and yet having far worse specs on paper, and the camera will be better; as the 920 has one of the best cameras out there at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,722 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I went from a HTC 8X to a Samsung S4, and I have to say the 8X is better in almost every regard. The S4 has a worse camera, it's generally stuttery and slower doing everything and can be buggy at times. The WP8 OS is simply awesome, lightning fast and yet having far worse specs on paper, and the camera will be better; as the 920 has one of the best cameras out there at the minute.

+1 for WP8 and the 920

I switched a few months back having had several Droids beforehand (Note 1 and 2, Galaxy S2 etc) and while I initially worried that I'd miss certain apps I've found I haven't lost a thing really.. plus as Alanstrainor says it zips along.. no lag, great build quality and screen and the camera (if that's a big thing you look for) is excellent.

Mine is an unlocked AT&T version that I've flashed with a generic ROM so it gets all the latest updates from MSFT/Nokia as they're released :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

g0g wrote: »
    Back in stock with Tesco now and code TDX-PWG3 reduces price to £ 200 (just under € 240).

Edit Amazon have also price-matched by the looks of things with the red model (click the Amazon link as seller on the right), but it's a 2-4 weeks wait....

I wonder if this price is going to fall a good bit further before Christmas?

Hi,

Where do you add the code and do you know if it still works?

Thanks,
    Tom

Hi,

Where do you add the code and do you know if it still works?

Thanks,
    Tom

Afraid you're a couple of days too late. Price gone up to £ 230 and I don't see the code listed anymore as an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Thanks for this, just ordered through parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

dtfo wrote: »
    Thanks for this, just ordered through parcel motel

What did you put in for the telephone number. It wouldn't accept anything for me. Also did yours ship yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I'm thinking of getting this from amazon. I presume the phone is unlocked and it's simply a case of putting the micro-sim from my current nokia 610 in to it when it arrives? Or is there something else I'll have to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting this from amazon. I presume the phone is unlocked and it's simply a case of putting the micro-sim from my current nokia 610 in to it when it arrives? Or is there something else I'll have to do?

Yep.

Also add your existing operators apn / picturd messaging settings & your good to go.

( your operator may even send these to you over the air when you insert the sim).

Daniel112 wrote: »
    What did you put in for the telephone number. It wouldn't accept anything for me. Also did yours ship yet?

I just put in my mobile number and it worked fine and it shipped straight away.

I couldnt fill out the address for parcel motel that included my account number though and had to get in contact with them. They just said to send them the shipping details

Ill post in the thread when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

dtfo wrote: »
    I just put in my mobile number and it worked fine and it shipped straight away.

I couldnt fill out the address for parcel motel that included my account number though and had to get in contact with them. They just said to send them the shipping details

Ill post in the thread when it arrives

I am getting the same i.e. can't fill in my PM ID number. Did you contact Tesco or Parcel Motel? Cheers

shteve wrote: »
    I am getting the same i.e. can't fill in my PM ID number. Did you contact Tesco or Parcel Motel? Cheers

I contacted parcel motel at customerservice@parcelmotel.com and they said just to send them the tracking information and a description of the good.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone received their 920 yet?

Yes recieved mine yesterday. Tesco said it was due then and Parcel Motel had it ready to collect around 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

hi, is the phone open to any network? thanks

Advertisement