Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Here's a PAL copy. I think that's a bit expensive though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's on the japanese PSN as well. Totally in English (well Engrish).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Warren3 wrote: »
    I just bought the saturn version so I will let you know what i think

Searched for G Darius but can only find NTSC copies. Was it ever released on PAL?

It's on Taito Legends 2 for the PS2, might be easier and cheaper just to get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

The PS1 version of G-Darius is known for slowdown. The Taito Legends version should be fine, but the PAL version of that runs at 50Hz only, so you need one of the foreign versions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's on Taito Legends 2. I thought it would have a 60Hz mode since Legends 1 has a 60hz mode. Also the slowdown on the PS1 version isn't too bad but 50hz kind of ruins it. The slowdown is also accurate to the arcade version since the game runs on PS1 hardware in the arcades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The other day, I got the standard eBay "congratulations, you've won..." e-mail for Sonic & Knuckles, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember having bid on a copy of the game. I checked the listing and my bid went in at about 4am the previous morning. Ah, drunken bids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Copy of Persona 4 arrived today, soon to be followed by Dragon Quest VIII and Valkyrie Profile 2. I went on a tour of shops selling off their ps2 stock as well and grabbed: Suikoden IV, Kingdom Hearts 2, Capcom Fighting Jam and a good few more. My PS2 collection is dangerously close to completion now. Not that the PS2 is very retro :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Copy of Persona 4 arrived today, soon to be followed by Dragon Quest VIII and Valkyrie Profile 2. I went on a tour of shops selling off their ps2 stock as well and grabbed: Suikoden IV, Kingdom Hearts 2, Capcom Fighting Jam and a good few more. My PS2 collection is dangerously close to completion now. Not that the PS2 is very retro :pac:

Are shops starting to clear PS2 stock?
    **** I wasn't aware of this.

As for Persona I did see a copy of Persona 3 in Blanch (Gamestop) on saturday but it was €15. I was tempted to get a copy after reading about how much you guys go on about the series but I have bought so much stuff on adverts lately that I have to cool it for a while.

Some of the Game shops have gotten rid of PS2 stuff totally, and the gamestops are mostly reducing the space they use for PS2, the Liffey St. branch has gotten rid of them completely. Its probably only a month or two before PS2 games can't be bought in normal shops. Is it officially retro then?

Just made a list of the games I still want for it
    Ico
    Sly Raccoon
    Tekken 5/Tag Tournament
    R-Type Final
    We Love Katamari
    Fahrenheit
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Are Katamari and Fahrenheit worth the effort? Besides Tekken and R-Type, thats an expensive list to complete.

Just made a list of the games I still want for it
    We Love Katamari

Also saw that in Gamestop Blanch...

• Advertisement

As for Persona I did see a copy of Persona 3 in Blanch (Gamestop) on saturday but it was €15. I was tempted to get a copy after reading about how much you guys go on about the series but I have bought so much stuff on adverts lately that I have to cool it for a while.

If you like JRPGs then Persona 3 and 4 are arguably the two best ever made. You missed out there. They really are as good as the hype makes them out to be. Just finished Persona 4 this week and it was like saying goodbye to new friends :'(
    R-Type Final

Seriously don't bother. I'm a massive R-type fan and R-type Final is one of the worst shmups I ever played. It'snot worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This chap arrived this morning. Got an RGB scart cable to use with it also, can really notice the improvement over RF alright.

md1l.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seriously don't bother. I'm a massive R-type fan and R-type Final is one of the worst shmups I ever played. It'snot worth it.

That should save me a few quid anyway.

Had another good day of PS2 finds, Game in Dundrum has some good stuff on their 4 for 15 range. Picked up Guilty Gear X2, Sly 3, Transformers (the good one) Gungrave, Half Life, Jackie Chan Adventures Klonoa 2 and the best of all, despite already owning it, a mint copy of Shadow of the Colossus, art cards and all, looks like it was played once and traded in, for under €4. Didn't have the art cards in my fairly poor condition copy so happy days. Of course, I'm not a whole lot closer to completing that collection. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

That should save me a few quid anyway.

Had another good day of PS2 finds, Game in Dundrum has some good stuff on their 4 for 15 range. Picked up Guilty Gear X2, Sly 3, Transformers (the good one) Gungrave, Half Life, Jackie Chan Adventures Klonoa 2 and the best of all, despite already owning it, a mint copy of Shadow of the Colossus, art cards and all, looks like it was played once and traded in, for under €4. Didn't have the art cards in my fairly poor condition copy so happy days. Of course, I'm not a whole lot closer to completing that collection. :pac:

Wow, great finds. Enjoy Transformers, excellent game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

is that the one which you press triangle to transform? Also you went around collecting minibots that gave you extra powers? I have the directors cut edition. Might pop it in again.

If transformers was on the Xbox I've be amazed at the graphical feats. However the fact that the game is running on the PS2 is astounding. It'sa gorgeous looking game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's all true, Transformers on the PS2 is scarily good, looks incredible, sounds excellent and has gameplay to match.
    The various transformers feel different, handling whilst driving, weight while running, all making this still the definitive Transformers game.
    It's almost as great as R-Type Final! (I don't know what Retro is on about, I love that game!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got some more gba games: yoshi's island, wario 4, riveria, yggdra union, and finally tiny toon adventures: scary dreams. It's the American version, which came out 3 years after the European version, under a different name, and mainly in small retailers and on eBay. Interestingly, it's developed by Treasure.

Edit: just read a bit on the tiny toons game there, seems like it wasn't meant to be released in the US at all, with even review copies being recalled, and the already packaged games sitting in stasis from 2002 til 2005. One I got was the cart only (collect cart-only gba games, far less stressful that way!) got it in gamestop for $6, happy enough with that! Game itself isn't great but it's not terrible either

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's almost as great as R-Type Final! (I don't know what Retro is on about, I love that game!).

It's got the worst first level of any shmup ever and the rest of the levels aren't much better. It's also ruined by the frame rate dropping to sub 5 fps for entire levels (not an exaggeration). You could probably get Soukyugruentai or R-type Delta for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

R-type Delta, i agree, get that instead, love that game

• Advertisement

Delta is fantastic alright, its already on my to-buy list for ps1, I used to own it though, so I'd find it hard to pay more than about €5 for it again, and I haven't seen it at a decent price yet.

All those new games are gonna be ignored for the moment anyway.. I started Persona 4 last night, consider me hooked. Only about 2 hours in but its grabbed me in that way only a really brilliant game can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got a CIB version of Seaman for the dreamcast, including the microphone. Got it from a retro store in central Florida. Also got a CIB 'not for resale' version of sonic 2, which, although certainly just a 'pack-in' copy of the game, was probably still worth the 50 cents I paid for it..can't have too many copies of sonic 2! :P

More stuff in the post over the last week or so. Can't stop playing Wonderboy, what a brilliant game.

Tks to Ciderman for the suggestion, only had the cart+case before:
    pacmancib.jpg

pl2ct.jpg

aliensoldier.jpg

flashbackk.jpg

probotector.jpg

rangerx.jpg

storyofthor.jpg

subterrania.jpg

wonderboymw.jpg

xmen.jpg

zerowing.jpg

Screen is in great condition thankfully. Got the MD2 a/c adaptor separate so I wasn't soley using the battery pack, works a treat:
    seganomad1.jpg
    seganomad2.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wow that's a nice haul there! Looks all minty too, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Your Nomad is boxed?! I hate you right now :p lovely haul!

Who's the boxed system freak now? :P

Andrew76 wrote: »
    xmen.jpg

I have a copy of that too :D
    except mine has no free poster :(

Who's the boxed system freak now? :P

Lol! I have a particular view on collecting especially when it's for a machine I never had as a kid - I will never have the time to play every game a console has, so only bother getting a small selection of the "best" games for that machine. Because of that I only try and get CIB where I can (most of my ngpc games are only cart+case however), although I'm not pushed if the hang tab is missing on MD boxes. ;)
    I also blow hot and cold about collecting and gaming in general as I get older, sometimes I get bored with it all and go into collecting/buying-hibernation for long periods. :)

I'm the same collecting-wise. At moment I'm not really buying anything to focus on other things, like going out tomorrow night with the tattoos and piercing forum people to get alcoholized :)

• Advertisement

If you can beat probotector on the megadrive you are officially a legend... just like me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement