Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Separate threads for film & TV
    An Apple TV or some of the streaming boxes would allow you to watch from your iPad to your tv wirelessly. Other than that a computer or laptop you can connect to your tv would work if they had an internet connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

fin12 wrote: »
    Sorry this is off topic but does anyone know how or if I can rent a movie from the Apple Store on my iPad and try and watch it on a flat screen tv?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Lightning-Digital-AV-Adapter/dp/B009WHV3BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465733345&sr=8-1&keywords=lightning+to+hdmi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Memo to Bloodline Series 2 Producers.

FINISH THE BLOODY STORY! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone having trouble with Netflix? Can't get on to the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with Netflix? Can't get on to the website?

Not working for me either - tried Firefox and Google Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Working fine for me (Chrome). Perhaps check your Silverlight?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Someone today was saying that Power Tv Show was very good, anyone seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Someone today was saying that Power Tv Show was very good, anyone seen it?

It's very good.

Just watched The Mask You Live In. An incredibly insightful, heartening, empathetic and sometimes disturbing documentary about masculinity and the harmful and limiting notions of it that society can perpetuate in young men. This was such a refreshing and moving watch after seeing so much terrible propaganda from so-called men's groups that are part of the problem this film demonstrates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Really good read on Netflix here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/magazine/can-netflix-survive-in-the-new-world-it-created.html?_r=0

I still love them for coming to Ireland so early on. I was buying DVDs for too much in HMV until then.

Frankly, the studio chiefs quoted in this article sound.............petty about Netflix's success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Three episodes into Happy Valley and I think its brilliant.

The lead character is actually excellent in her role, very surprised on how much of a bad ass she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Three episodes into Happy Valley and I think its brilliant.

The lead character is actually excellent in her role, very surprised on how much of a bad ass she is.

Just watching the same myself. Bit far-fetched for a small northern town but brilliant performances from everyone. I'm hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just watching the same myself. Bit far-fetched for a small northern town but brilliant performances from everyone. I'm hooked!

I wouldn't say too far fetched at all, everywhere seems to be a bit bonkers of late.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Maybe the central kidnap plot is a bit dramatic but apparently it is quite true to life in how it depicts that area of Yorkshire and the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

e_e wrote: »
    JThis was such a refreshing and moving watch after seeing so much terrible propaganda from so-called men's groups that are part of the problem this film demonstrates.

And this isn't propaganda also? :confused:

Bambi wrote: »
    I don't think so, I saw a lot of truth in it and related deeply on many levels. Seeing a lot of my own experiences mirrored in several of the men's stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

F/X2 with Brian Dennehy and Bryan Brown is on Netflix. The former is a (ex-) cop, the latter a special effects guy and they solve a tricky crime. Bit of a nostalgia one for me as it's one of those tacky, mismatched buddy-buddy type films of the 80s/early 90s.

Shame the first one isn't on there.

Finished watching Happy Valley and, wow, what a show. Such incredible performances!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Propaganda Game

Good, if slightly odd documentary about North Korea. I think it was the sheer relentlessness of the propaganda that I found difficult and bordering on nauseating. The new apartments, theme parks, hospitals, etc. Mixed up in all of this is a Spanish guy who is an apologist for the regime and churns out anti-American propaganda - the West has its own anti-NK stuff, of course. Well worth a look.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watched Fading Gigolo the other night, found it very enjoyable. Directed by John Toturro and starring himself, Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Vanessa Paradis and Liev Schrieber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Guardians of the Galaxy added to Netflix UK Ireland.
    Perfect Monday blues beater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

https://help.netflix.com/titlesuggestion

New page to suggest titles they should add.

Also: the show Power is getting a Better Caul Saul deal for season 3 here. https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/73315

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

new Paul Rudd Netflix made film ' the fundamentals of caring ' added to all regions

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

peteeeed wrote: »
    new Paul Rudd Netflix made film ' the fundamentals of caring ' added to all regions

I actually really enjoyed this film 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I actually really enjoyed this film 😊

Me too, pulled at the aul heartstrings. I love Paul Rudd so that also helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

"Only the Dead" - horrific Iraq documentary on Irish Netflix....

The ending especially scarred me...inhumane to say the least and hard not to judge.

Elvis Presley film Girls Girls Girls on Netflix Ireland. Such a handsome man, hard to believe he was so shy and insecure around women in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Bambi wrote: »

It's certainly is propaganda.

Had to ring Netflix customer service today to explain to them that my next payment would be late as scammers had got hold of my card details so I'm waiting to be issued a new one, anyway they were so lovely Netflix, give me a free month and to pay them at the end of July. Brilliant customer service from Netflix. Like them even more now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Netflix customer service team are without a doubt the best I have ever spoken with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement