Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Having lectures and tutorials during reading week! Why God, why!:p

Shhhh! Reading week is a long way away! Shut up!

Llalalalalalalalalalala!

:P :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

When's Reading Week?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    When's Reading Week?

A. LONG. TIME. AWAY!

Alright?! :mad:

Six weeks time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Shhhh, no it's not. There is no reading week, exams are cancelled and we still have another 13 weeks of this semester!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    A. LONG. TIME. AWAY!

Alright?! :mad:

And what is the purpose of the reading week if we have lectures and tutorials during that week?

I presume this is a study week for us before the exams start correct?

• Advertisement

And what is the purpose of the reading week if we have lectures and tutorials during that week?

I presume this is a study week for us before the exams start correct?

Not everyone will have lectures that week. The vast majority won't.

Some lecturers hold revision sessions during the week, these are generally voluntary.

Some lecturers will hold an extra lecture if they haven't covered material, but AFAIK the class has to agree to this or else they can be in hot water with the college. (might be mistaken there, that's just what I was told a few years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Didn't know it was called reading week, always called it study week...
    NOBODY TOLD ME! :mad:

Didn't know it was called reading week, always called it study week...
    NOBODY TOLD ME! :mad:

Well according to the Academic Calendar it's officially called "Week 13", so we're all wrong. :pac:

Some birdy told me that DIE tickets are already sold out. Please tell be there was some horrible mistake and there's still tickets left? This was the one night I was looking forward to all year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Why are we already talking about exams?!!

*Hands over ears* Not listening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

sup_dude wrote: »
    Some birdy told me that DIE tickets are already sold out. Please tell be there was some horrible mistake and there's still tickets left? This was the one night I was looking forward to all year...

What's DIE anyways?

What's DIE anyways?

Dubstep, Indie and Electro. It's one of the best nights out in Limerick. A bit different to anything else, but class! Definitely something you should try at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Dubstep, Indie and Electro. It's one of the best nights out in Limerick. A bit different to anything else, but class! Definitely something you should try at least once.

Venetian Snares :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Is it not just the presale tickets that are sold out? 70% of the tickets are at the door I heard.

Is it not just the presale tickets that are sold out? 70% of the tickets are at the door I heard.

Yeah but "at the door" means going at about eight and standing out in the freezing cold for two hours til doors open. My costume is too much to put together for being ready on time and not half warm enough to be standing around the place :P (which reminds me, I must finish making it...) I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth it when we need 10 or 11 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone living in Dromroe, Marian Hartigan...is there no end to her emails???

If I didn't want to go to a bloody Pumpkin Party before, I certainly don't want to go now after your 500 emails about it among others!!

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Anyone living in Dromroe, Marian Hartigan...is there no end to her emails???

If I didn't want to go to a bloody Pumpkin Party before, I certainly don't want to go now after your 500 emails about it among others!!

Maybe she just wants to be friends with you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I must admit I smiled when I saw the subject line of the latest email from reception. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

Susi are a nightmare to deal with. After 2 months of waiting, I got a letter today requesting my holiday earnings( payslips for Easter, Christmas and the Summer time) even thoug I have already provided a P60. I rang them up and he claimed I would have to get them even though I had supplied my P60. These are going to be very annoying to get and seems like a pointless exercise.

How can It take them over 2 months to come to this conclusion?

Is it by the end of this month that fees have to be paid? I stil havent heard from Susi.. Do I need to pay even if I'm waiting on Susi to contact me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

Is it by the end of this month that fees have to be paid? I stil havent heard from Susi.. Do I need to pay even if I'm waiting on Susi to contact me.

I'm not sure tbh. I think it's 60 days from the start of the semester so that sounds right.

Not sure what happens if you don't pay on time tho!

Pretty sure it was at the end of September to pay your registration fees if you are waiting on SUSI? :confused:

shano_88 wrote: »
    I'm not sure tbh. I think it's 60 days from the start of the semester so that sounds right.

Better return those library books just in case I get locked out from it :P
    Pretty sure it was at the end of September to pay your registration fees if you are waiting on SUSI? :confused:

It was 60 days from the start anyways but I presumed Susi would of told me if I had got it or not by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

shano_88 wrote: »

I was late paying last year (only because I forgot) and nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Yeah but "at the door" means going at about eight and standing out in the freezing cold for two hours til doors open. My costume is too much to put together for being ready on time and not half warm enough to be standing around the place :P (which reminds me, I must finish making it...) I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth it when we need 10 or 11 tickets.

I usually start queing at ten and never have tickets and always got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Crap lighting in the postgrad reading room.

So my housemates all keep getting e-mails from village reception but I never get anything.

Can I email them so they have me on the system or is it better to go in to them?

Aragneer wrote: »
    So my housemates all keep getting e-mails from village reception but I never get anything.

Can I email them so they have me on the system or is it better to go in to them?

Probably should ask them especially if you have fees to pay for the accommodation and if you don't pay your fees on time, they can evict you in 7 days plus they have information that you would need to know such as the works on the paths behind the Scully wall and the bus stop beside will be out of order or house inspections coming up next Monday and advised us to have the house cleaned..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Crap lighting in the postgrad reading room.

One of the girls just moved to a different PC due to the lighting :D

• Advertisement

Probably should ask them especially if you have fees to pay for the accommodation and if you don't pay your fees on time, they can evict you in 7 days plus they have information that you would need to know such as the works on the paths behind the Scully wall and the bus stop beside will be out of order or house inspections coming up next Monday and advised us to have the house cleaned..

I have been receiving letters so I know when to pay but just not emails telling me about house inspections. My housemates always keep me informed so I'll go in to reception tomorrow and ask.

Thanks though.

Advertisement