Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

You're a student? Sounds like the stables is too main stream for you? More than likely better pints as they are being pulled more often, there's a reason one is busier than the other, that could be part of it.

I go to the stables pretty often (every Friday). I was talking strictly in terms of beers available.

Sorry, chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Housemate is trying to be romantic by playing horrendous music and having long talks with the girl in his room. I, on the other hand, do not appreciate it at two in the morning when I've a lot of work to do tomorrow. These walls are too thin. I'm so tired. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sup_dude wrote: »
    Housemate is trying to be romantic by playing horrendous music and having long talks with the girl in his room. I, on the other hand, do not appreciate it at two in the morning when I've a lot of work to do tomorrow. These walls are too thin. I'm so tired. :(

You should just have shouted "HEY! CAN YOU TWO JUST F*CK ALREADY SO I CAN GET SOME SLEEP?"

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

I go to the stables pretty often (every Friday). I was talking strictly in terms of beers available.

Sorry, chief.

Sorry, I just really like the stables :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You should just have shouted "HEY! CAN YOU TWO JUST F*CK ALREADY SO I CAN GET SOME SLEEP?"

I was so tempted... especially when it got to about half three or so. Wouldn't mind if they didn't stand outside my bedroom door at half eight this morning, chatting away again. What else had they to talk about?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You have to admire the commitment to the chase though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

/Rant/ I'm actually getting seriously sick of the library. It seems that anywhere I sit people are talking/whispering to each other. It annoys me so much and security just walk past like it's nothing. I was in the computer room the other day and these two sit down beside me and were talking (not even quietly) for about an hour doing feck all work. Then one of them leaves and the girl finally looks like she might do work, stares at the computer for a bit and then packs up her bag and leaves.

I was so annoyed, more annoyed by the fact that I'm too much of a coward to say something to them. But wouldn't you think she'd consider that they were sitting beside me and that I might actually be trying to concentrate on doing some work. Are people too cheap or something to go to a café and talk so they go to the library? People are so goddamn rude, I'm actually amazed by how ignorant and rude some people actually are.

I don't remember it being this bad for the last three years, maybe it's because it's my final year and I'm actually trying to get stuff done. You shouldn't be going to the library with your friend anyway, or you should be sitting away from them at least. The next time it happens, I swear I'm going to flip out!/Rant/

Just emailed them to complain about it :P I feel like a bit of a baby complaining but it is just so irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

/Rant/ I'm actually getting seriously sick of the library. It seems that anywhere I sit people are talking/whispering to each other. It annoys me so much and security just walk past like it's nothing. I was in the computer room the other day and these two sit down beside me and were talking (not even quietly) for about an hour doing feck all work. Then one of them leaves and the girl finally looks like she might do work, stares at the computer for a bit and then packs up her bag and leaves.

I was so annoyed, more annoyed by the fact that I'm too much of a coward to say something to them. But wouldn't you think she'd consider that they were sitting beside me and that I might actually be trying to concentrate on doing some work. Are people too cheap or something to go to a café and talk so they go to the library? People are so goddamn rude, I'm actually amazed by how ignorant and rude some people actually are.

I don't remember it being this bad for the last three years, maybe it's because it's my final year and I'm actually trying to get stuff done. You shouldn't be going to the library with your friend anyway, or you should be sitting away from them at least. The next time it happens, I swear I'm going to flip out!/Rant/

Just emailed them to complain about it :P I feel like a bit of a baby complaining but it is just so irritating.

Stink of farts in room A1084 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Put on some headphones and listen to some music/white-noise. That should drown out most audible distractions.

Put on some headphones and listen to some music/white-noise. That should drown out most audible distractions.

Yeah, I've turned on music/white noise before to cover other people's music from their headphones or incessant talking. It just annoys me that I have to do that and that people don't have the common decency to shut the feck up in a library and the fact that security do nothing.

Edit: Your username is brilliant by the way! :D

• Advertisement

What's all the hullabaloo around groody roundabout about? There's an army of council men out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

What's all the hullabaloo around groody roundabout about? There's an army of council men out there

Looked like they were raising the speed bumps to me. They were doing something to the speed bumps anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Looked like they were raising the speed bumps to me. They were doing something to the speed bumps anyway.

RAISING!?!? Hopefully you mean reducing the angle of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Daniel S wrote: »
    RAISING!?!? Hopefully you mean reducing the angle of them!

I cycled over them about 25mins ago, and they were cutting off the start of each ramp so there was like a drop off. So probably is just reducing the angle
    |

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I cycled over them about 25mins ago, and they were cutting off the start of each ramp so there was like a drop off. So probably is just reducing the angle
    |

Probably extending the length of the speed bumps to make it more smoother?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Probably extending the length of the speed bumps to make it more smoother?

I'd say so. The speed bump as you're coming from the Dublin road is being left alone, and that's the one that was the longest and seemed to be the least steep of them all

They've been fixed! :D

Can't believe the library has been so full the last few weeks, what's happened?!

Can't believe the library has been so full the last few weeks, what's happened?!

Its been full all year, I dont bother going in anymore because finding a seat is like study week nearly at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

People in the library having a big long loud conversation about going out and all security does is walk by not even saying anything to them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Its been full all year, I dont bother going in anymore because finding a seat is like study week nearly at this stage.

Campus in general seems way more crowded than previous years. Could just be my imagination but it just feels that way (maybe I'm just getting claustrophobia from wanting to be out of here? :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Campus in general seems way more crowded than previous years. Could just be my imagination but it just feels that way (maybe I'm just getting claustrophobia from wanting to be out of here? :pac:)

There are 2,500 internationals this year and we also had an influx of 1st years too so I guess that's why it is so crowded. Everywhere is a struggle to get through, it is super busy all the time, even at 9 o clock in the morning!!

The international office is still getting internationals arriving too and most of the internationals didn't arrange with the school that they were coming so that may be the reason classes are sooo huge ad everything lately...

Nope, my class were talking about it recently. I think there's about a thousand extra people this year. Ive found that it feels way fuller, and I dont wanna leave :P

No it does feel quite busy has been like that all year I felt. Feel a bit like Bernard Black and want to tell them to go away! There's just too many people! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

They also seem to be in the process of fixing the line markings on the road, which were completely wrong up to a few days ago.

It was marked to use the left lane to take the first exit only, and the right lane for all others, whereas legally you only use the right lane at a roundabout to take the last exit. Would be interesting to see what would happen in the case of an accident.

They also seem to be in the process of fixing the line markings on the road, which were completely wrong up to a few days ago.

It was marked to use the left lane to take the first exit only, and the right lane for all others, whereas legally you only use the right lane at a roundabout to take the last exit. Would be interesting to see what would happen in the case of an accident.

Road markings come before the general rule. You follow what's on the road, so there wouldn't be a "in case of an accident" problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Well_Then

Nope, my class were talking about it recently. I think there's about a thousand extra people this year. Ive found that it feels way fuller, and I dont wanna leave :P

I've noticed queues forming at the print room every time I go there. I assumed people were just able to find it more but I'm guessing with more people there's more chance of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

A group of drunk people tried to knock me off my bike coming out towards the flagpoles this evening :mad:

Some of those punk kids at the open day today were likely still in national school when I started college.

Oh dear. :( :P

The dryer beside mine was empty... It was empty. Mine was literally only finished as you used the washing machine I was using to wash your clothes. It was empty... It was empty for so long, it had even put itself on standby but no. No, you had to go take out my clothes anyways. You have no idea how close I came to becoming very petty and turning off your dryer before running down with a note to tell you why. Oh yes, I came close to becoming passive aggressive. *twitches* I'm too sick for this...

• Advertisement

Having lectures and tutorials during reading week! Why God, why!:p

Advertisement