Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Owens
    I don't like that poster, even more convinced now that hes gonna be the man at mania next year

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brock
    I think John Cena is going to win the Royal Rumble, a Cena/Taker match at Mania, albeit 6/7 years too late, would be a great watch..

Or if not Cena/Taker, then Cena will use his ''golden ticket'' so to speak to challenge and beat Reigns at Mania, allowing him to tie with Ric Flair;s record of 16 World Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'm still interested in seeing Cena/Taker.

It does lose the aspect of the guy who always wins against the guy who never loses without The Streak™ but there'll be something that can be found to make it interesting.

Hell, make it a retirement match and have The Undertaker force Cena to have to be the bad guy for one night only.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brock
    Ridley wrote: »
    I'm still interested in seeing Cena/Taker.

It does lose the aspect of the guy who always wins against the guy who never loses without The Streak™ but there'll be something that can be found to make it interesting.

Hell, make it a retirement match and have The Undertaler force Cena to have to be the bad guy for one night only.

There are so many ways to book Cena/Taker, if it were to happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

My prediction for the rumble is roman reigns enters at number 1 and single handedly eliminates ever one else winning the rumble and goes on to face himself in the main event of WrestleMania. It'll be roman vs reigns, bit like superman 3. Believe that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Brock
    could the rock surprise us and win it

it would of been better if he didnt announce he would be at mania and then come out as number 30 and win

went with cena

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Big Show to win from 1st.

The Big Show in the main event of WrestleMania is surely the biggest money draw ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The Big Show to win from 1st.

The Big Show in the main event of WrestleMania is surely the biggest money draw ever.

id honestly love to see that happen just for the uproar that it would cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Balor
    Stephanie to enter and slap 29 wrest..superstars over the top rope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Owens
    I'd love if Lesnar came out at number 2 and fired big show out straight away it would be a fantastic moment and that couple with someone like Zack Ryder coming out at number 3 and making a better fist of it than Show did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think it could be Bray Wyatt

Anyone but you Bray.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Owens
    Reebrock wrote: »
    Anyone but you Bray.

Big show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Lads I told ye....Hollywood Hogan will come out with the Disciple and Vincent...and win it....will ye listen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Brock
    WWE clarified that Big Show is not actually no.1, he meant to say he is the first person to enter himself in the Rumble, but not the first entrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Triple H
    Didn't JBL and Michael Cole then put over the fact that he said he would be the first man in-ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Lads anyone know for sure is Big Show entrant number 1?? Brock wins!

Triple H
    Someone just said here that WWE clarified he is the first name signed on, but not entry #1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Sorry I thought you were disputing that with your Cole, JBL comment. My bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Owens
    Voted for Brock because what i want to see is Lesnar walking out to a packed ring and smash through everybody to win it.

What i expect is the guy on the poster to win it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I hope Steve Blackman makes an appearance at Royal Rumble.

• Advertisement

Triple H
    I hope Steve Blackman wins the Royal Rumble and makes Roman Reigns tap out at WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Balor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZE0TYKYfEo

Always think of that scene/quote when I see Blackman on old shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Tatanka to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dazzmondo

Ambrose
    I don't think Lesnar will win the Rumble honestly, mainly because I think the Authority will force Reigns to defend the title against him at the Rumble (don't think Lesnar will be heel, he'll just accept). Triple H will return to cost Reigns the title at the Rumble, setting up their match at Mania, and leaving Lesnar champion going into Mania.

Cena will get an early number imo. Undertaker will be number 30/29/28 and eliminate like 5/6 guys immediately before Cena eliminates him. Taker will then come back into the match and eliminate Cena (or beat him up so badly that he's easily eliminated by someone like New Day). They will probably main event Wrestlemania in Taker's last match.

As for the winner, I think it will be a surprise this year, and I'm picking Kevin Owens, though I think Ambrose has an outside chance. I'd like to give Wyatt a chance but his character is still set in limbo right now. I see one of three options for Wyatt: 1. A face turn, Bray wins US/IC Title at Mania and Harper & Strowman win the tag titles off New Day (my prediction), 2. A face turn and a feud with Triple H and the Authority (if Triple H ends his feud with Reigns at Rumble), 3. Remain heel and challenge for IC/US Title at Mania. The third option will offer him the least progression.

Owens's new mean streak seems to be setting him up perfectly for a feud with Lesnar imo. What some see as bad booking with his quick defeat to Neville can be effectively transformed into a positive if he maintains this attitude, goes on a winning streak, fails to retain his IC title at RR in a fatal-4-way without taking the pin, and gives a great performance before winning the Rumble. I don't think he will beat Lesnar for the title (I expect Reigns will probably do that once he has finished with the Authority, which will allow Rollins to re-enter the title picture) but he can be elevated through a good performance against the Beast.

I also think there's a decent chance Bryan will return at the Rumble. I don't think he'll win, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was the last man eliminated by Owens. This is where having a heel like Owens win is a benefit, as he can take advantage of any possible heat he gets, and it would likely set up a match between the two at Fastlane :). I'd give Owens the win here and set up an IC Title match between Ambrose and Bryan at Mania, which I'd also have Bryan lose (sorry Daniel). However, after Mania I think Bryan and Cesaro would make a great addition to the growing tag-team division, along with Enzo and Cass... I might be going a bit too far ahead now... I'll return to the Rumble.

Honestly, if Lesnar is in the Rumble match, I think he probably will win, but I don't understand why so many assume he will be. I said to a few friends 2 weeks ago that Sheamus would get his rematch on the first Raw of the new year but they thought, like most, that it would be at the Rumble. Now, I think most would agree that Sheamus is much more likely to be in the Rumble match itself. Therefore, if you're going to have Lesnar winning the Rumble and facing Reigns at Mania (which I think is a bad idea tbh as I can't see Reigns getting cheered in that scenario), Triple H fighting Reigns at the Rumble is pretty much the only option. If you do that, what is Triple H doing for Mania? Fight the Rock? I doubt Rock will be fighting at Mania personally and why would he have any trouble beating Triple H if Reigns already could? It makes a lot more sense in my mind if The Rock comes out to help Reigns against the Authority when they inevitably team up on him.

The only other option I could see for the Rumble, admittedly an intriguing one, involves putting the title on the line in the Rumble match itself ala 1992, which would certainly make sense given the Authority's disdain for Reigns. In that case, the only possible winners would be Reigns or Lesnar imo. Right now I think this is the likely card though:

IC Title: Dean Ambrose (c) vs Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler vs Neville
    Tag Titles: New Day (c) vs Usos
    Diva's Title: Charlotte (c) vs Becky Lynch
    WWE Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs Brock Lesnar
    Royal Rumble Match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Owens
    I could see that happening and I now also hope it happens Dazz as it'd be the perfect restart for the WWE leaving the current garbage in the past as we begin thevroad to wrestlemania. All except Bryan being brought back to lose lose lose the fans would not like that although if fit it is believable and who you suggest him losing to would soften the blow while supplying great matches.

A super strong rumble winning Owens vs face title holding Lesnar would be awesome

HHH vs Reigns has to happen at Mania if not the Rumble

And Cena vs Taker is the other big money match on the card for sure.

All 3 would guarantee a great build for mania too especially when you throw in Heyman/Owens on the mic, the Rock in his cousins corner vs HHH and Cena bring default heel in Texas.

Ambrose
    I could see that happening and I now also hope it happens Dazz as it'd be the perfect restart for the WWE leaving the current garbage in the past as we begin thevroad to wrestlemania. All except Bryan being brought back to lose lose lose the fans would not like that although if fit it is believable and who you suggest him losing to would soften the blow while supplying great matches.

A super strong rumble winning Owens vs face title holding Lesnar would be awesome

HHH vs Reigns has to happen at Mania if not the Rumble

And Cena vs Taker is the other big money match on the card for sure.

All 3 would guarantee a great build for mania too especially when you throw in Heyman/Owens on the mic, the Rock in his cousins corner vs HHH and Cena bring default heel in Texas.

Yeah, one of my friends has the same problem with my booking of Bryan. It looks very bad when you consider just the PPVs but he would be winning most of his matches on Raw. I'm sure there would be many unhappy with Bryan losing so many high-profile matches but personally I'd rather have him back in WWE in the upper mid-card than not having him back at all and I think Bryan would agree. He would definitely win at the next PPV (Extreme Rules?). There are so many great potential matches he could have... and I really want a Cesaro/Bryan tag team. The matches would be SO good :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Owens
    Dazzmondo wrote: »
    Yeah, one of my friends has the same problem with my booking of Bryan. It looks very bad when you consider just the PPVs but he would be winning most of his matches on Raw. I'm sure there would be many unhappy with Bryan losing so many high-profile matches but personally I'd rather have him back in WWE in the upper mid-card than not having him back at all and I think Bryan would agree. He would definitely win at the next PPV (Extreme Rules?). There are so many great potential matches he could have... and I really want a Cesaro/Bryan tag team. The matches would be SO good :D

As good as that team and their matches would be post injuries you'd have to think it'd be singles wrestling or tagging with Tyson Kidd for Cesaro.

Talking about giving Owens a big push I was always surprised that they never played up him power bombing machine gun Kelly off the stage and through a table more. Maybe he's not the biggest celeb but wrestler doing that kindnofvthing with a celeb almost never happens these days.

1 worry with your booking...An Owens rumble win, a Brock title win, a taker rumble appearance and Bryan making his return.... Seems almost too good to be true given the Feds recent output.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Brock
    Has there ever been a 'surpise winner' in the Rumble? Rey was pretty over when he won, I imagine?

Ambrose
    Deadlie wrote: »
    Has there ever been a 'surpise winner' in the Rumble? Rey was pretty over when he won, I imagine?

Stone Cold 1997, Vince McMahon 1999, John Cena 2008, Edge 2010, and Sheamus 2012 were all clear underdogs/unexpected winners going in. There were also a few years where the winners weren't a surprise but there were still other likely winners, such as Kurt Angle in 2004, John Cena in 2005, and Shawn Michaels in 2007.

Rey in 2006 was one of the most predictable ever I'd say. The story was pretty clear that Mysterio was doing this for Eddie Guerrero, who had died recently, and they were playing up the underdog role for the whole month leading up to the Rumble. You could say Orton had an outside chance but there was never any doubt in my mind that Rey would win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Samoa Joe to shock the Universe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement