Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2016

Options
  • 16-12-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭

So don't think their is a thread yet, apologies if their is, and lock this if so.

So Roman is champion now. The smart money is on a match with Trips soon, most expect it to be Mania, but I think they may stick it on the rumble card, its still one of the big 4, so it does need something more than just the rumble.

Winner of the rumble for me is probably Brock or Cena and they getting Roman at Mania. I don't see anybody else winning, maybe Owens and Ambrose will hang around a while, but that is it. Guys like Sami and Balor would be great, but I just don't think the E are that daring right now.

Anyway who wins this?

Rumble winner 2016 is... 79 votes

Cena
    0%
    Brock
    22%
    GonzoShagNastiiA Primal NutSlickRicbuckfastererDunnyx43r0PirateShampooPTH2009Professional Grieferricerothebostoncrabmarkc1184themickLithium93_diusmr8a504cvkDeadliedrugstore cowboy 18 votes
    Owens
    43%
    Winning HandBounty HunterMr.Nice Guyrushianslicus ricusDeadParrotdave1982MoneymakerprincemuzzyIvySlayergerrybbaddciano316Iang87cripesonfridayPugzillaOne_Armed_Dwarfirish_stevo815Itssoeasyseandotcommthe incredible pudding 34 votes
    Ambrose
    8%
    Cianan2the groutchAdibooari gold24DazzmondoJaMarcusHustleVirtanen 7 votes
    Wyatt
    3%
    Gamer Bhoy 89peteeeedmullyboyee 3 votes
    Sheamus
    6%
    weldoninhioJP Liz V1CiaranMcDCFCTrev De revChip Whitley 5 votes
    Del Rio
    5%
    martingriffWinnyThePooChain SmokerIH784man 4 votes
    Balor
    1%
    Pentecost 1 vote
    Triple H
    8%
    StereomaniacmontyrebelSteve HoltMartha derrieJamieHPBret HartFaugheen 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Brock
    With Cena being the only one on the poster and missing for a little while now I expect him to win the Rumble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given they look to be going with Reigns vs HHH, and coupled with the fact Reigns losing the title within a matter of weeks would be absolutely suicidal for his character, I've gone for HHH.

I think it's a mistake, but I think it's the way they're going.

Would be nice if they brought Cena back, had Cena turn heel and have a "Power Trip" thing going; HHH choosing Cena as the proper face of the company, Cena rolling with it, justifying it by saying WWE needs him to be that person. Have Reigns (shudder) as the guy trying to fight the empowered group.

Or have Brock win, have him want his rematch against Reigns, saying there's no MITB case to stop him this time, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Owens
    Says a lot about the current crop that 4 of the nine included in the poll are currently not on the show or HHH.

That said 3 of those 4 (Balor not included) would actually be most peoples favorites imo. Brock and Cena are the two I could see doing it and HHH is the one most hope doesn't do it although Reigns getting the title back pre rumble has made it a possibility in peoples minds.

If Reigns is the champ going into mania those three would also be the matches I could see them considering vs HHH, vs Brock or vs Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Brock
    As I mentioned on the betting thread, Cena is 7/1 to win the Rumble:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98097523&postcount=863

Wonder if the bookies know something we don't.

Triple H looks like a likely opponent for Reigns, but him winning the Rumble and challenging for the title at the WrestleMania would be weird. Then again they might do it as a way to get heat so people will cheer when Reigns beats him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm putting money on Bryan.

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »

If Bryan comes back, he has to win it. No way they have him return and lose again, knowing the reaction that happened last time. But then you have the issue that pitting Bryan against Reigns would nuke Reigns; fans would boo Mother Teresa if she was facing Bryan....

Brock
    Yeah, they'd hardly make the same mistake three times of him return and not win the rumble...would they??

And if he wins that means he fights Reigns at WrestleMania which doesn't sound like a good idea for them to get Reigns over.

Don't think he'll be back anytime soon to be honest for many reasons.

He pretty much said his WWE wrestling career is over....doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be out there swerving (he's not Jericho!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Can a mod add Bryan to the poll? I don't think he will be back soon, but to be fair if he was to come back and enter it he is a much bigger favorite than nearly everyone on the list.

Yeah, they'd hardly make the same mistake three times of him return and not win the rumble...would they??

And if he wins that means he fights Reigns at WrestleMania which doesn't sound like a good idea for them to get Reigns over.

Don't think he'll be back anytime soon to be honest for many reasons.

He pretty much said his WWE wrestling career is over....doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd be out there swerving (he's not Jericho!).

Bryan is old school wrestler and tbf you can't rule anything out in the world of pro wrestling. Even right now he is talking about a compromise with the WWE about returning to the ring.

I just taught Bryan because he seems to have become more active in the WWE in recent weeks working some press events. For some reason I can't see Reigns holding the belt in his current DB V_2 storyline until Wrestlemaina nor a heel winning the RR. I doubt they are going to repeat last year Wrestlemaina main event so Brock is a no go.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Owens

Hey if you're giving money away can you send some my way please?

Bryan is done with the WWE not going to happen. My money would be on Lesnar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sheamus
    I think it could be Bray Wyatt

Brock
    Yeah we really need another Reigns vs Wyatt match. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Owens
    Went with Brock. Could see a swerve of Bryan or Undertaker but hope it's Brockk for another monster heel run for a few months with the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sheamus
    Yeah we really need another Reigns vs Wyatt match. :P

Reigns might not be the champ come WM

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Triple H
    If HHH and Reigns are facing each other at Mania, it should facilitate one thing and one thing only and that's the return of Rollins, kickstarting the feud between him and HHH.

Brock
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They've waited so long to put it on him I can't imagine for a second they aren't planning a long reign. The only reason I think you might be right is because it looks they are planning for Triple H vs Reigns. But then what could the main event be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hulk hogan to return as the number 30 entrant and clothes line the previous entrant out in a big suprise. ...
    Then going on to win the title at Mania. .and declaring himself the greatest....again.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He will be unless he gets injured. They have spent so much time on him and put so much effort on him to the extent they have neglected so many other workers, last thing they are going to do for his title reign is to end it quickly.

Mondays night Raw also had an extra 800 000 eyeballs as well which was huge considering how ratings have been tanking for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Cena wins with a heel turn.

They've waited so long to put it on him I can't imagine for a second they aren't planning a long reign. The only reason I think you might be right is because it looks they are planning for Triple H vs Reigns. But then what could the main event be?

Taker v Cena could happen, its a few years to late, but when has that stopped them before?:P

• Advertisement

Brock
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Taker v Cena could happen, its a few years to late, but when has that stopped them before?:P

While the streak ending was undoubtedly an all-time great moment and it helped to propel Lesnar (although he was already over anyway) not having it is a big loss for WrestleMania every year. His match with Wyatt was decent but sort of pointless and a match against Cena would be the same. Not sure what the point of him fighting at WrestleMania is anymore other than the fact they have so few options for the main events.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Triple H
    The streak should have never ended, in my opinion. He should have had one last Royal Rumble win and retired with a victory over Brock Lesnar for the championship at last year's. I voted for Finn Bálor in this one because I'm trying to feeeeeel the powah of positivity!

Went with Brock. Could see a swerve of Bryan or Undertaker but hope it's Brockk for another monster heel run for a few months with the title.

Would Brock even do a royal rumble?

Would Brock even do a royal rumble?

No reason not for him to if they pay him. He'd definitely enhance it if in it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think the winner will come from Cena, Brock or HHH. Not sure on what way there going to go as surely hhh vs reigns is happening at mania its just weather the title is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I hope the winner is Cena for the simple fact I don't want to watch Lesnar putting Reigns over at mania. Let Cena pass the torch.

I think reigns is in for a long title run and whoever wins the rumble is only there to make him look good at maina.

I seen rumours of Lesnar and Owens at mania and I'd be a million times more interested in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Brock
    The lads on LowBlows were suggesting a Heel Brock vs Face Roman at WM with Paul Heyman turning on Brock at the end, setting up Roman's Heel run. I really like the sound of that and it's not hard to imagine it being a realistic scenario.

Deadlie wrote: »
    The lads on LowBlows were suggesting a Heel Brock vs Face Roman at WM with Paul Heyman turning on Brock at the end, setting up Roman's Heel run. I really like the sound of that and it's not hard to imagine it being a realistic scenario.

Not sure they'd be able to get Brock over as a heel though, he has been a face for a while now and I just don't think the fans want to boo him any more.

I do like that idea you pitched though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Owens

It'd make more sense to have it face v face, and then have Reigns turn with Heyman.

• Advertisement

"Turn Reigns" is going to be the new "Turn Cena"; should happen, but I doubt it will for a long, long time :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement