Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall Of Fame 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will Mr McMahon (Vince McMahon) ever be inducted.

Def can see rey mysterio, Kurt angle and DDP going in at some stage

Happy for sting hopefully he will be involved in mania in some capacity not just walking out with the rest of the class of 16. A hogan 2005 moment would be cool

Will he be in his make up for the presentation ???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So think it'll be Flair inducting Sting, or will it be a WWE rep like HHH?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah on the woooo nation podcast Flair stated if it happened he would love to induct Sting and Sting agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I really am rather meh about Sting, 1st off i say he deserves it, no doubt, one of the biggest names ever, i remember as a kid in the late 80's early 90's on saturday afternoons watching on itv, think it was before the british wrestling (that my grandad loved) bleached blonde hair and mad outfits jumping around the ring, to the crow character, that was when i became a fan of his in wcw, that storyline about whether he'd join the NWO or not was very good, but since then, i just feel whatever. I think if he had joined wwe sooner, i might feel differently, but to me, he just wasted his time in TNA and now its like its all to late

Looking forward to his speech when he starts covering his TNA career though, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sting already go in to TNA HOF?

I kinda feel it is too soon for him in WWE HOF, I know he is WCW legend but wish he had done more in WWE but I guess with injuries he cant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Sting already go in to TNA HOF?

I kinda feel it is too soon for him in WWE HOF, I know he is WCW legend but wish he had done more in WWE but I guess with injuries he cant

I think he was the first TNA HOF inductee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Going by leaked HOF list, it is pretty decent HOF class this year.

I'm pretty surprised Eric Bischoff is not going in this year since he has appeared in a few WWE things recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yeah supposed list is:

Sting
    Fabulous Freebirds
    JBL
    The Godfather
    Jacqueline
    Regis Philbin

only one people will probably moan about is
    The Godfather
    but there is always one who is a lesser name but had a long career like Rikishi last year for example

yeah supposed list is:

Sting
    Fabulous Freebirds
    JBL
    The Godfather
    Jacqueline
    Regis Philbin

only one people will probably moan about is
    The Godfather
    but there is always one who is a lesser name but had a long career like Rikishi last year for example

I've no problem with him going in, he's had some memorable personas down through the years. Id have a bigger issue with
    Regis and JBL
    going in, to be honest.

I think maybe some of the refs should be put in at this stage. Mike Chioda has been around for many years (think he was on the ring crew first, and still sets up the ring).

Any mention of anyone for the Warrior award this year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've no problem with him going in, he's had some memorable personas down through the years. Id have a bigger issue with
    Regis and JBL
    going in, to be honest.

I think maybe some of the refs should be put in at this stage. Mike Chioda has been around for many years (think he was on the ring crew first, and still sets up the ring).

Any mention of anyone for the Warrior award this year?

Haven't seen anything about the Warrior award although I read somewhere people suggesting Zack Gowen but that was just some posters opinion. Personally I'd like if they did what warrior was actually suggesting and gave an award to the behind the scenes people. The example cited on here previously of Jim Johnson would be a great shout for it imo. Have them say that year 1 they wanted someone that exemplified the spirit of the warrior and chose Connor Michalek but now wanted to honor Warriors wishes and give the award to a Jim Jonson type.

with regards
    JBL, when you think of how long a career he had, his time as a tag team wrestler with the APA (who rocked) and his transformation into JBL who had the longest run as the World Champ in over a decade iirc at 280 days before he was the guy that lost to Cena at mania for Cena to get his first world title and the fact that he is also recognized by WWE as the 20th Triple Crown Champion and the 11th Grand Slam Champion I think he is deserving of a place even if he is fairly poor on commentary these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't get the upset at people who get in the hall of fame even though they are not the biggest names.

If you have a good career, taking bumps and are respected by your peers you are as deserving as a multi time champ imo. All these guys deserve a chance to be celebrated.

Too many guys have passed on never knowing how appreciated they were by the people they shared the ring with.

EDIT: Thanks Gerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

No issue with
    JBL or Godfather. Both contributed a lot over the years like them or not. Jacqueline..well I suppose she was grand whilst she was there and there's not a lot of more deserving female candidates at this stage so meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has Elizabeth entered the HoF yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I love that proposed HoF class!
    Fabulous Freebirds : Doesnt even need to be discussed. Well deserved.

JBL : Definitely deserving and I get the feeling he will love being inducted on the same night as the Freebirds.

The Godfather : Papa Shango, Kama Mustapha, The Goodfather. A perennial midcarder and very well liked by many with stroke. Still capable of poping the crowd too.

Jacqueline : A true female trail blazer in US wrestling. She was Chyna before Chyna.

Regis Philbin : Has done more for WWE in mainstream entertainment than just about anybody else. He is a legit huge wrestling fan and loves having wrestlers on his show. Best ever was Rick Rude.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Has Elizabeth entered the HoF yet?

Nope and not likely anytime soon due to the manner of her death.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I don't get the upset at people who get in the hall of fame even though they are not the biggest names.

If you have a good career, taking bums and are respected by your peers you are as deserving as a multi time champ imo. All these guys deserve a chance to be celebrated.

Too many guys have passed on never knowing how appreciated they were by the people they shared the ring with.

billy-et-chuck02_display_image.jpg?1363239612

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Snoop Dogg should go in some day because not only he is a genuine fan of the product, but he is related to Sasha Banks.

I think celebrity wing should only be reserved to people who are actual wrestling fans or who have appeared in WWE or elsewhere more than one occasion.

The Godfather the latest inductee into the Hall of Fame. Without the hoes presumably/unfortunately. I always liked him actually he was a solid hand.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-fame/article/godfather-inducted-wwe-hall-fame-class-2016

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pentecost wrote: »
    The Godfather the latest inductee into the Hall of Fame. Without the hoes presumably/unfortunately. I always liked him actually he was a solid hand.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-fame/article/godfather-inducted-wwe-hall-fame-class-2016

My god I love when his music hits on his odd returns

"The hoooooo train..Pimpin ain't easy"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They are really running out of candidates now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yep read that earlier, delighted to see The Godfather is going in, I 1st remember him as papa shango back in the mid 90's, maybe earlier, anyway, The Godfather during the attitude days was one of my favourite characters, that opening part of his music coupled with Lawlor or JBL's reaction to it in later appearances was brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

How so? Quite the opposite actually.

At the point that Jacqueline, Papa Shango and Koko B Ware are in, the standard is so low that it would take literally decades to run through all the "deserving" candidates.

Next year: Bull Buchanan, Joy Giovanni & Bob Holly.

Withouth being contrarian, I'm not sure you've captured the meaning of that phrase. A 'solid hand' is someone who you can always trust to have a good match but not necessarily someone who's off the charts in terms of personality. Lance Storm, for example.

Wright got various gimmicks over to differing degrees, but the one area he was anything but solid was in ring, where he invariably stunk the joint out. Honestly, if I spent a long time thinking about it, I don't think I can remember a single match of his that I thought was good or better.

I know what I was trying to say alright but maybe I'm just looking back with rose tinted glasses. Maybe a solid company guy is more accurate. Did his best with what he was given for a number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Godfather had one Intercontinental title and one tag title reign. Koko B. Ware had no title reigns.

WWE can call on plenty more wrestlers every year to fill up a card in the Hall Of Fame if that's the level of achievement needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

All Takers boys will be in the hall of fame.

Mideon will be in soon. Savio Vega.

I know what I was trying to say alright but maybe I'm just looking back with rose tinted glasses. Maybe a solid company guy is more accurate. Did his best with what he was given for a number of years.

That's spot on. I struggled to have any affection for him because his matches really were terrible but his Papa Shango & Godfather gimmicks were certainly memorable. Really though, anyone who sat through a lot of Kama matches in 1995 probably lost years of their life. I'm not entirely sure how, I just know I aged about 6 months every time he worked .

• Advertisement

Yay the Hall of Fame argument again!! Personally I think its great to see guys like Godfather recognised for the careers they had. And The Godfather between 98-00 was one of the top 5 most over babyfaces in the fed.

Advertisement